Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Aug 7 13 3:51 AM

Looking forward to it. Her last album was good.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

Aug 8 13 11:20 PM

sweet. her first album was so solid, so hopefully this can stack up well beside it.
there is something so delightful about that cover. and is this title her response to the likes or kyary?

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   
avatar

RicH

Posts: 1,279 ๑۩۞۩๑

#47 post_url

Aug 28 13 12:40 PM

the song and PV are amazing!! I just love her style; it's so cool and stylish! Still jammin' to Gimme Gimme.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Aug 28 13 3:31 PM

That's not her official account and this is not the full song. It's a badly edited mash up of the video & youtube bits...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 post_url

Sep 10 13 11:20 PM

I'm not sure how I feel yet. :-\
Will have to wait for more HQ previews, my speakers are crackling with this particular video for some reason.
Some tracks I know I'll like, others I'm more iffy about... my first impression is that this album might not be as good as her first one. But I hope I'm wrong.

Quote    Reply   

#53 post_url

Sep 10 13 11:47 PM

Mine were cracking too. That's just the way they uploaded it I guess. I don't really like any of the previous. Only two of them sound like the amazing material on her first album. The others sound forced and simply awful. Hopefully full versions change my mind.

Quote    Reply   

#55 post_url

Sep 11 13 9:29 PM

Thanks so much! The video was physically hurting my ears (and I'm relieved it wasn't just my old computer lol).
Sadly, even better quality doesn't save a few of these songs. When I hear her rapping on a couple of these tracks, I just think she's been hanging out with CL too much. 071363486bf8ba02433c892d9402c501fbdeae0d_r

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

Sep 13 13 2:17 AM

jcam wrote:
Thanks so much! The video was physically hurting my ears (and I'm relieved it wasn't just my old computer lol).
Sadly, even better quality doesn't save a few of these songs. When I hear her rapping on a couple of these tracks, I just think she's been hanging out with CL too much. 071363486bf8ba02433c892d9402c501fbdeae0d_r
It's not the first time Yulia's rapped, though.
This was released before 2NE1's first EP even dropped, just saying  
 (her part starts at 1:40)

p.s. I love the shoutout to Pyongyang... they know her name even in North Korea!

Last Edited By: Izzy Sep 13 13 2:23 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#57 post_url

Sep 13 13 10:35 PM

^Oh, I probably should have explained better. I know she's rapped before, but it hasn't bothered me in the past. (I hadn't heard the track you posted though, thanks much smiley: smile)

For some reason, some (but not all) of Yulia's raps sound to me like CL, in that she (sometimes) sounds like she's trying way too hard to be "gangsta". When she raps in the video you posted, it doesn't seem as forced. The clip of BGNIT's rap doesn't even annoy me (it reminds me of Ayaka Ikio for some reason). But in tracks like Sunny or I'm a Mademoiselle, I literally picture her (or CL) shooting a PV with a fish-eye lens camera and exaggerated arm gestures.

I like enough tracks that I'm not cancelling my pre-order yet. smiley: wink Still hoping that with the tracks I'm not a fan of, the full versions will be worlds better than just the sample clips...

I wonder why No More Dream didn't make it onto the album. (Unless it's a hidden bonus track? smiley: roll)

Quote    Reply   

#59 post_url

Sep 14 13 3:22 AM

jcam wrote:
^Oh, I probably should have explained better. I know she's rapped before, but it hasn't bothered me in the past. (I hadn't heard the track you posted though, thanks much smiley: smile)

For some reason, some (but not all) of Yulia's raps sound to me like CL, in that she (sometimes) sounds like she's trying way too hard to be "gangsta". When she raps in the video you posted, it doesn't seem as forced. The clip of BGNIT's rap doesn't even annoy me (it reminds me of Ayaka Ikio for some reason). But in tracks like Sunny or I'm a Mademoiselle, I literally picture her (or CL) shooting a PV with a fish-eye lens camera and exaggerated arm gestures.
Yea, I can see where you get that haha..
She said she's been mixing a lot of trap lately, so that's probably where she's getting that.. Trying to match her rap with the sound

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Sep 14 13 5:08 AM

jcam wrote:


I wonder why No More Dream didn't make it onto the album. (Unless it's a hidden bonus track? smiley: roll)

Probably because No More Dream was already on Neon Spread Vol. 3.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help