Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 2 11 4:30 PM

Tags : :

Kreva(Real Name: Takashi Hatakeyama) is a Japanese MC, producer, lyricist and DJ who was born June 18th 1976.

He is a former member of the group Kick the Can Crew and as a member of KTCC is also part of the "Funky Grammar Unit" and "Mikoshi Rockers" which feature several other Japanese hip hop outfits together as a whole.

His name is a play on the Japanese pronunciation of the English word "clever". "908", his DJ name, is derived from the Japanese for the numbers 9,0 and 8 which can be said as ku, rei and ba respectively.

Last Edited By: another truth Jun 27 12 11:09 AM. Edited 4 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Aug 2 11 4:31 PM

KREVA NEW ALBUM
「GO」
2011年09月08日(木)発売


MOD EDIT: DO NOT HOTLINK PICS, please read the forum rules.

TRACK LIST
1.基準
2.挑め
3.KILA KILA
4.蜃気楼 feat. 三浦大知
5.呪文
6.runnin' runnin'
7.HOT SUMMER DAYS
8.微炭酸シンドローム feat. 阿部真央
9.パーティーはIZUKO?
10.C'mon, Let's go

-Encore-
11.EGAO
12.探究心
source:http://kreva.biz/news/detail.php?id=20996

I wonder the significance of calling the last two songs an encore?

Last Edited By: another truth Jun 27 12 11:10 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Aug 10 11 5:43 PM

I can't wait. The new single is really good. Although the MV for Kila Kila is cheap as fuck. But I get the feeling he had to scale back since he spent most of his cash on Idome lol

Quote    Reply   

#9 post_url

Sep 17 11 6:25 PM

So who's heard the album?
"パーティーはIZUKO?" is dooooooope. Definitely my favorite of the new songs so far. Very fun.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Sep 17 11 11:55 PM

Me~
tbh the 1st time I listening a whole songs from Kreva album's without skip~ I almost love it all tracks~ can't pick one
But for 蜃気楼 feat. 三浦大知 (tone with lots popish, but I like it)
but still stuck on "C’mon, Let’s go" (specially live perf on RIJF2011)
and a few KREVA perf. on tv (coming soon * MJ) idk why feel too short~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#13 post_url

Dec 13 11 2:35 AM

Ed wrote:
So who's heard the album?
"パーティーはIZUKO?" is dooooooope. Definitely my favorite of the new songs so far. Very fun.

The album was a grower for me. Tbqh it felt kinda mellow. Even more mellow than Shinzo at some points. I still stand on my opinion about his third album being his best. I don't know but I feel like Kreva is kinda losing his appeal. Not to say that I'm bored of him. But AK-69 and ZANG HAOZI pretty much took a dumb on this with their albums. Kreva is still in my top 5 J-MC's but he's kinda slacking. I'm actually surprised I liked the Tan-kyu-shin encore version more than the org ver. It was nice to see him selling well on the charts. I don't think any rapper can say they were trading spots with Ayumi Hamasakismiley: smokin

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Dec 13 11 5:39 PM

twinblades wrote:
Ed wrote:
So who's heard the album?
"パーティーはIZUKO?" is dooooooope. Definitely my favorite of the new songs so far. Very fun.

The album was a grower for me. Tbqh it felt kinda mellow. Even more mellow than Shinzo at some points. I still stand on my opinion about his third album being his best. I don't know but I feel like Kreva is kinda losing his appeal. Not to say that I'm bored of him. But AK-69 and ZANG HAOZI pretty much took a dumb on this with their albums. Kreva is still in my top 5 J-MC's but he's kinda slacking. I'm actually surprised I liked the Tan-kyu-shin encore version more than the org ver. It was nice to see him selling well on the charts. I don't think any rapper can say they were trading spots with Ayumi Hamasakismiley: smokin
Can you recommend some good tracks for getting into those two guys? Cuz the ones I've heard so far are kinda bland or cliche(if thats even applicable) in the beat department and put me off from looking any deeper. That's why I still such a big Kreva fan. Even though he's gotten a little softer and has fewer aggressive rapping songs, he always has well produced records with fresh instrumentals. He's kinda like the Japanese Kanye, being one of the few mainstream acts who raps, produces and still uses soul samples in his beats.

Also I agree that his third album his the best. I spent so many hours listening to that when it came out. Just about everyday on the way to/from school. Good times

Last Edited By: Ed Dec 13 11 5:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Dec 22 11 3:03 AM

Ed wrote:
twinblades wrote:
Ed wrote:
So who's heard the album?
"パーティーはIZUKO?" is dooooooope. Definitely my favorite of the new songs so far. Very fun.

The album was a grower for me. Tbqh it felt kinda mellow. Even more mellow than Shinzo at some points. I still stand on my opinion about his third album being his best. I don't know but I feel like Kreva is kinda losing his appeal. Not to say that I'm bored of him. But AK-69 and ZANG HAOZI pretty much took a dumb on this with their albums. Kreva is still in my top 5 J-MC's but he's kinda slacking. I'm actually�surprised�I liked the Tan-kyu-shin encore version more than the org ver. It was nice to see him selling well on the charts. I don't think any rapper can say they were trading spots with Ayumi Hamasakismiley: smokin
Can you recommend some good tracks for getting into those two guys? Cuz the ones I've heard so far are kinda bland or cliche(if thats even applicable) in the beat department and put me off from looking any deeper. That's why I still such a big Kreva fan. Even though he's gotten a little softer and has fewer aggressive rapping songs, he always has well produced records with fresh instrumentals. He's kinda like the Japanese Kanye, being one of the few mainstream acts who raps, produces and still uses soul samples in his beats.

Also I agree that his third album his the best. I spent so many hours listening to that when it came out. Just about everyday on the way to/from school. Good times

Last Edited By: twinblades Dec 22 11 3:08 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

Dec 22 11 3:09 AM

Like I said I still liked the album. But these guy killed it for me this year. Especially Zang Haozi, Yellow Blood is by far one of the best Urban album I've ever heard. They were't the only to the surprised me. But they're up there for Hip Hop albums of the year.

*I double posted because this site is fucking retarded*

Quote    Reply   

#18 post_url

Jan 18 12 6:29 PM

I still like one his older singles "Start"

Anyone got his Best Album? Kreva no best ban? I feel it'll be a good album for me to start with.

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Apr 13 12 11:41 AM

http://www.kreva.biz/news/

KREVA
New Single
「OH YEAH」
2012年06月20日(水)発売


・初回盤(CD+DVD)
PCCA-03609
¥1,800(tax in)

・通常盤(CD)
PCCA-03610
¥1,200(tax in)

[CD収録曲(初回盤・通常盤)]
M1:OH YEAH
M2:No No No feat. SONOMI
M3:Have a nice day! -2012 Re-Mix-
M4:OH YEAH(Inst.)
M5:No No No feat. SONOMI(Inst.)
M6:Have a nice day! -2012 Re-Mix-(Inst.)
M7:OH YEAH(Acappella)

[初回盤DVD収録予定]
・「OH YEAH」Music Video
・「OH YEAH」メイキング
・KREVA CONCERT TOUR 2012「GO」最終公演 国際フォーラム 【TRAILER】


http://natalie.mu/music/news/67796
^concert coverage

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Apr 14 12 10:05 PM

Nice. Dr.K is always putting something new out.

Also to MIDORI, I know your post is old, but if you haven't gotten a hold of kreva no best ban yet I have it. Just tell me how to send it to you smiley: smile

EDIT: Just found out Kreva is on twitter. Finally someone worth following.

https://twitter.com/#!/kreva_drk_dj908

Last Edited By: Ed Apr 15 12 10:44 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help