Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 18 11 2:48 PM

Tags : :

HISTORY

Resident Evil made its debut in 1996 on the Sony Playstation has since spawned into one of the largest media franchises consisting of many survival horror games as well as 4 major films and novels. For full history please visit the Wikipedia link below.

UPCOMING RELEASES

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D | Resident Evil: Revelations | Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City  

LINKS

Official Website | Wikipedia  

Last Edited By: QuantumLeap07 Feb 2 12 12:03 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Jun 18 11 2:50 PM

I have been a fan of the Resident Evil franchise for a LOOOOOOONG time. I used to always watch my cousins play the games when I was younger and I finally recently started playing them for myself. Im finally getting a PS3 so I'll be buying RE5, I just finished the first-- classic. I also am a HUGEEEE fan of the movies. Can't wait for number 5!

Quote    Reply   

#2 post_url

Jun 19 11 3:54 AM

I am a fan of the series, but I am getting tired of those crappy spin offs that aren't even released on PlayStation consoles >_> I've been a fan since the first game was released.

Quote    Reply   

#3 post_url

Jun 19 11 10:16 AM

^ I agree I don't care for the spin-offs at all. I loved resident evil 5 loved the online co-op but it's done now I need something fresh why don't they just focus on 6 now?

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Jun 19 11 10:31 AM

I think this saga needs to go back to its roots, when it was an horror series, and not this kind of military/shooter shit. The 3DS one looks great though.

Quote    Reply   

#5 post_url

Jun 19 11 11:49 AM

I do miss the original. I loved the puzzle aspect, and it was true horrror. Now they're more action sci-fi, which is the same route the movies took as well. I do remember reading that Resident Evil 6 will soon be in the works. I missed E3 but does anyone know if it was disucussed there?

Here is what I read:
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712010/resident-evil-6-to-be-a-totally-new-take-on-the-series/

Quote    Reply   

#6 post_url

Jun 19 11 1:17 PM

^ as far as I know CAPCOM was mostly on about the Raccoon City Operation as far as PS3 goes.

Imo they need to at least make another game that will add something else do the series, be it the puzzles or running around looking for keys. Shooting zombies is fun and all, but the survival horror aspect of the game was gone after Code Veronica.

Quote    Reply   

#7 post_url

Jun 19 11 2:29 PM

I know its nothing special becuase I'm wayyyyyyyyyy behind but I finally got a Playstation 3. Went and picked up RE5 and also got the original RE for the Wii. So excited to play.

Quote    Reply   

#9 post_url

Jun 19 11 3:30 PM

I love it for the Wii. The only downfall is the lack of widescreen. Several Wii games have this-- it's a bit annoying. But other then that it's great and still such a great game after all these years! I've never played RE5 but I watched my old roomate play it a couple years ago, it's kinda funny how that can almost be just as much fun as playing it. I also picked up FFXIII so I'm not sure which Im going to start first, lol.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Jun 19 11 5:20 PM

^ You should start off with RE5 as it's shorter (it was also my first PS3 game). FFXIII will take much much longer to complete.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

Jun 19 11 11:44 PM

Last I heard about the time RE5 was done with, Mikami was saying that if he works on RE6 that they would want to take the series back a bit more to its roots. Hopefully they do go that way with it. Im fine with the RE4/5 controls just add some more puzzles and tone it down a bit. I think they realize they got fairly carried away with RE4/5'a action. Between Wesker's super speed, Chris and Sheva running through the Temple of Doom out of indiana jones,Leon cartwheeling through a laser fence like a fairy and running away from a mechanical 20meter statue of a midget, they need to find some real horror-puzzle elements again. 

Personally I would be fine with some backing up in the story for the next games. Theres a pretty big 10 year gap where we only get a glimpse at what the characters are doing, so it would be easy to make a side incident for them (Claire, Becca, Barry ect.) And they definitly allude that alot of stuff goes down around the world for all involved. 

Quote    Reply   

#12 post_url

Jun 20 11 1:30 AM

Thats why Im actually kind of excited for Operation: Raccoon City, I love the original storyline and Im glad it's taking us back but the only downfall is the charactors for that game..

Quote    Reply   

#13 post_url

Jun 20 11 3:34 AM

Furi Kuri wrote:
Last I heard about the time RE5 was done with, Mikami was saying that if he works on RE6 that they would want to take the series back a bit more to its roots. Hopefully they do go that way with it. Im fine with the RE4/5 controls just add some more puzzles and tone it down a bit. I think they realize they got fairly carried away with RE4/5'a action. Between Wesker's super speed, Chris and Sheva running through the Temple of Doom out of indiana jones,Leon cartwheeling through a laser fence like a fairy and running away from a mechanical 20meter statue of a midget, they need to find some real horror-puzzle elements again. 

Personally I would be fine with some backing up in the story for the next games. Theres a pretty big 10 year gap where we only get a glimpse at what the characters are doing, so it would be easy to make a side incident for them (Claire, Becca, Barry ect.) And they definitly allude that alot of stuff goes down around the world for all involved. 

LOL! I couldn't agree more. I like the action gameplay of RE4/5, but I do miss the amazing atmosphere the first 4 games (and especially RE1) had. It would be amazing if they decided to re-do RE1 in HD someday and I am not sure why they haven't re-do the GameCube ver. as a part of that HD collection.

Quote    Reply   

UtsukemonoSama

JPC Admin

寝る程楽は無かりけり

#14 post_url

Jun 20 11 7:21 PM

I agree.
Back to its survival horror elements!

Resident Evil Remake and port it through all the systems! Or they should just re-release them like Konami did with Metal Gear Solid in a box set and make it available through all the systems. I'm all for equality

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Jun 21 11 4:51 PM

Here's hoping that RE6 goes back to original survival horror roots. I hope they include zombies that can run like the ones in the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Furi Kuri wrote:

I think they were "borrowing" scenes elements from the RE movies, which I GREATLY LOATHE. I just treat them as typical horrible fanfictions that you see on the internet. God, I wish they would just stop.

I'm not all excited about Operation Racoon City, although I still play the Outbreak games (which I'm probably the one in the world who still plays them).

Quote    Reply   

antipop621

Posts: 21 Mod Edit: Change your avatar to 100x100 to get it back 

#16 post_url

Jun 21 11 10:48 PM

Big RE fan, but Revelations is the only upcoming game I'm looking forward to and will probably pay for. I also recently finished playing Darkside Chronicles. 

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

Jun 22 11 2:15 AM

I like how they're really going back to their roots with Revelations, it's more about the survival horror aspect rather than co-op action - though I loved RE5 too, especially the DLC with Chris and Jill back in the mansion.

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Jun 22 11 12:03 PM

I love this series, and was not completely upset about how much it changed in RE4 and RE5, but now I am really starting to miss the suspense, puzzle, and horror aspect of the game and now it sort of irritates me that Capcom is basically making the game out to be like some sort of Halo crap. :S

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Jun 22 11 1:26 PM

I'm VERY glad for the changes made to the series, starting in RE4. RE5 was different in a whole other way, and I can understand why some would be upset by it, but personally, I think it's an amazing game. For me, the first three were utter shit, lol. Really, it's pretty much just the controls, but it totally ruined it for me. Very clunky and slow-paced, which is especially bad in games where you have to run from shit. Also, from what I've seen (never honestly beat the first three because I hated them so much :X), the puzzles weren't at all impressive, so, despite being a puzzle lover, I'm glad that they've been more action-y lately. And even if I missed some great puzzles later in the games, I simply think that the action aspect just ~works~ with this series. Not that I'd complain if they brought in some great ones in the future, of course. However, I do miss the raw horror feel that was left after RE4. RE5 was more....unpredictable, not really scary. (Except the Reapers, lol. Totally had me crying with those, but maybe just because they were so beastly before you got your good weapons. ) And that's even what the creator said in interviews that he was going for this time around. So, it's not like it was random, and there's a good chance that they just wanted to try something different. Either way, though, the feel of RE5 was still good, I think.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help