Remove this ad

#761 post_url

Apr 5 17 10:48 AM

I read the Arama article, and I do agree that the writing was not really that good at all (I feel like any article on there really is just to stir shit up; there was another one for Utada's Fantome that was basically 'these three songs were collaborations and the featured artists were better therefore the entire album sucks'. Like c'mon where's the quality dissertations here). But the friend who posted the article made some good points, basically her thoughts were that Kyary's career eventually devolved into literal promo-whoring; most if not all of her singles after a certain point have a tie-in, and while yeah that's not uncommon for J-Pop, it's usually to market a certain item and she's more than likely involved with the marketing of said item (in the commercials and whatnot). Iunno if that directly correlates with the quality dropping, but if she's view as more of a cash cow rather than an actual creative endeavor (and lbr that's basically it), then I can see why this could be

That being said, I still love her and all, but I still do not like this song at all lolol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#762 post_url

Apr 5 17 1:51 PM

Skarsgard wrote:
I can appreciate that it's a change and it's trying something new so it's nice in that sense, I think it's boring AF and her worst but I still bought it because KPP is queen

That's the spirit!

Yeah, I'm not complaining much, because I truly love only like 25% of her whole discography, lol, so I pretty much never hope for another stellar track and I always get dizzy when she delivers. And OMG after hearing Iisuta one more time I want to put on a kilt and prance in the fields.

BTW, Todoke Panchi is great, even though she sings the same line all the song. It sound kinda retro and kinda classic JPop to me, love it. And an extended mix is once again outshines the original song, this time with Sai & Kou. Nakata should make this extended version the a-sides, because they do let the track develop and bloom properly.

Last Edited By: evilsin Apr 6 17 3:19 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#763 post_url

Apr 5 17 2:22 PM

evilsin wrote:

Skarsgard wrote:
I can appreciate that it's a change and it's trying something new so it's nice in that sense, I think it's boring AF and her worst but I still bought it because KPP is queen

That's the spirit!

Yeah, I'm not complaining much, because I truly love only like 25% of her whole discography, lol, so I pretty much never hope for another stellar track and I always get dizzy when she delivers. And OMG after hearing Iisuta one more time I want to put on a kilt and prance in the fields.

BTW, Todoke Panchi is great, even though she single the same line all the song. It sound kinda retro and kinda classic JPop to me, love it. And an extended mix is once again outshines the original song, this time with Sai & Kou. Nakata should make this extended version the a-sides, because they do let the track develop and bloom properly.

Lol same, I just avoid it since KPP fans here in London are a giant fucking headache, you say you don't like one thing and they jump on your ass big time lol 
Her worst thing for me is definitely albums, I hate most of her album songs, some of them are criminally bad 
I never expect much from her so when she delivers it's nice, my favorite stuff is like... Cherry Bon Bon, Kimi ni 100 percent and Kira Kira Killer, she has a load of fire bops but so many terrible ones too
9/10 the extended mix's are always better

I really hope she drops an album soon though, she's gone above her 4 singles / album routine thing so one should come next hopefully

Quote    Reply   

#764 post_url

Apr 5 17 5:10 PM

evilsin wrote:
And OMG after hearing Iisuta one more time I want to put on a kilt and prance in the fields.
Send me pics when you do

I'm gonna go ahead and say unpopular opinion: I don't feel the extended mixes are ever as good as the originals LOLOL. They're still definitely good obviously, but very few of them I feel like are like, super stellar in a way. I'd have to relisten and really nitpick between each song, but the general issue I have is that I feel like the endings always trail off into #extra land. Like Nakata almost without fail always ends his extended mix with just leftover beats that he wanted to use to bump up the timestamp, whereas the original song for instance would end it on a better note. It's not always, but my brain is mush now and I can't conjure up specific examples, but it's a general thing I've noticed. Usually the openings can feel the same way sometimes (I know I prefer the original CANDY CANDY opening to the extended mix), but it's always the endings I for sure have issues with

Quote    Reply   
avatar

uncle Jemima

Posts: 3,986

パン・ダ marinopp

#765 post_url

Apr 5 17 7:22 PM

her extended mixes suck because they're never that much longer than the original and all that's different is usually a few phrases of beats added to the beginning and end of the song and the chorus is repeated an extra time or something like that, it doesn't make the cut. edge by Perfume, now that's an extended mix (if i remember correctly).

Quote    Reply   

#766 post_url

Apr 6 17 3:19 AM

Skarsgard, she had a best last year, so she only has 2 singles this era.
sora2522 and uncle Jemima, I can see where you're coming from, it might not always work, but for some reason the extended beginnings prepare me for the song and make me so much more excited for the coming chorus. I don't really remember edge's extended mix, because I didn't particularly like the song at the time of release, lol, but it's more of a techno track, which are originally tend to be longer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#767 post_url

Apr 6 17 10:41 AM

@evil - Trying to convince myself it doesn't count, hopefully anyway - The album sucked.

Have ya'll not heard the Cherry Bon Bon extended mix? That was a gift sent from god
image
When that beat drops at 0:44 yooo

Quote    Reply   
avatar

uncle Jemima

Posts: 3,986

パン・ダ marinopp

#768 post_url

May 2 17 6:47 PM

I was at H&M today and they played Crazy Crazy omg I was thinking "this drum beat sounds like the beginning of Cray Cray" then Kyary started singing and I wondered for a second if I was dreaming because I sometimes dream that I hear a jpop song on the radio and I get hyped and then wake up. But no it was real life and surely I'm the only person who's been in that location that actually knows the song.

Quote    Reply   

#769 post_url

May 3 17 3:35 AM

uncle Jemima wrote:
I was at H&M today and they played Crazy Crazy omg I was thinking "this drum beat sounds like the beginning of Cray Cray" then Kyary started singing and I wondered for a second if I was dreaming because I sometimes dream that I hear a jpop song on the radio and I get hyped and then wake up. But no it was real life and surely I'm the only person who's been in that location that actually knows the song.

The power of a collab with a western artist.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

uncle Jemima

Posts: 3,986

パン・ダ marinopp

#770 post_url

May 3 17 10:42 AM

yeah it's probably just because of Charli, in fact whoever controls the music probably thought it's a Charli song featuring some other people smiley: laugh (basically it is actually...Charli XCX feat. Kyary, written and produced by Nakata). but actually, hearing it in H&M made me like it more. i thought it was just ok when i listened to it, but hearing it in the store i was like, YEAH, i can shop to this.

Quote    Reply   

#771 post_url

May 4 17 3:57 AM

uncle Jemima wrote:
yeah it's probably just because of Charli, in fact whoever controls the music probably thought it's a Charli song featuring some other people image (basically it is actually...Charli XCX feat. Kyary, written and produced by Nakata). but actually, hearing it in H&M made me like it more. i thought it was just ok when i listened to it, but hearing it in the store i was like, YEAH, i can shop to this.

Well, to be completely thruthful it's Nakata Yasutaka feat. Charli XCX and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, lol. I loved it from the start, both versions as well.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

uncle Jemima

Posts: 3,986

パン・ダ marinopp

#772 post_url

May 4 17 11:27 AM

oh yeah, i'm aware of that, what i mean is from the perspective of the people who choose the music at H&M. they probably just thought it's a Charli song.


i know some kyary fans were complaining about not hearing kyary enough in the song but maybe it worked out better that way, less kyary and more Charli might mean it's more likely to be played overseas (such as i already experienced).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help