Remove this ad

#701 post_url

Dec 30 16 1:59 AM

So the new single is featuring Charli XCX as well:

I'm freaking stoked. Sounds promising so far.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#702 post_url

Dec 30 16 2:09 AM

So then the internation artist is probably Charli XCX, and Kyary just also happens to be there. I wonder how this'll sound; I know Charli's been doing a lot of PC music lately, so this'll be an interesting combination for sure

Quote    Reply   

#703 post_url

Dec 30 16 8:56 PM

shoot i can't edit my threads anymore unless i pay more money to yuku =( can a mod change the title of the thread?

WOOOOOO so they weren't lying after all about the western artist (other than Nakata being from western Japan lol).

Quote    Reply   

#705 post_url

Dec 31 16 12:54 AM

i think that was my original username, but then i got it changed to uncle Jemima (which is still the username i use to log in), so now i am able to post as either aunt or uncle BUT only if i become a yuku supporter. which i did, i paid money 6 months ago so that i can post from the uncle account like i had been doing for years before, but now the 6 months is up so i'll have to upgrade again to continue using it. which i just might do so that i can edit my posts, and so i can get that ugly .kanjidamage.fr removed from my username. unless a mod or admin can work some magic.

Last Edited By: auntJemima Dec 31 16 1:27 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#706 post_url

Dec 31 16 3:38 AM

Gotcha. Yeah, there's no real way to fix it cuz admins only have control through the forum, but accounts are technically Yuku territory. Apparently I was signed up for an Evanescence forum that was run through Yuku, so my regular 'sora2522' username was already associated with that forum. When I emailed Yuku they said to use my email as my username, but I could set my username for the actual forum usage after signing up. But yeah, it's confusnig and makes no sense basically...

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#708 post_url

Jan 1 17 12:52 AM

Since it's part of that whole ~split single~ thing, I'd still count it as part of her discography.

Charli XCX, though... Does anyone even care about her after that Boom Clap song?

Quote    Reply   

#709 post_url

Jan 1 17 12:59 AM

Moh wrote:
Since it's part of that whole ~split single~ thing, I'd still count it as part of her discography. laugh.gif

Charli XCX, though... Does anyone even care about her after that Boom Clap song?
She's been doing more PC music, like I said before. Seems like her next album's gonna have a lot of SOPHIE works on it (he did Namie's B Who I Want 2 B)

Quote    Reply   

#711 post_url

Jan 1 17 10:49 PM

Where did my comment go omg

Okay so I thought PC music was a genre but after trying to do some research to help explain better, turns out it's a record label / sound collective. But based on the artists involved (SOPHIE, Kero Kero Bonito, and the Charli XCX songs), the music is like, characteristically high-pitched super-synthetic artificial-sounding
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/485-pc-musics-twisted-electronic-pop-a-users-manual/
Here this'll explain better because i can't words right now

Quote    Reply   

#712 post_url

Jan 2 17 5:49 AM

I freaking love PC Music and Charli's new album can be potentially the next best thing, because apart from SOPHIE Stargate is involded as well.

Quote    Reply   

#713 post_url

Jan 2 17 8:01 PM

this single is a mess. Crazy Crazy is Nakata feat. KPP and Charli, yet only KPP and Nakata are on the cover. and then harajuku iyahoi isn't a collab at all, just a KPP song? MESS. this is going to be hell to tag. and does this mean that on last.fm Crazy Crazy and harahoi will be scrobbled as different artists?

but omg harahoi is so good. best kyary song since demo demo mada mada or something.

Last Edited By: auntJemima Jan 2 17 8:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#715 post_url

Jan 3 17 7:37 AM

Haven't heard the new song yet, but c'mon, even though Demo Demo Mada Mada was amazing and some of the songs were pretty questionable there were planty of good songs afterwards.

Last Edited By: evilsin Jan 3 17 7:55 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#716 post_url

Jan 3 17 1:44 PM

sora2522 wrote:
Well, they mentioned that it's a Nakata x KPP split single, sooooo

but they mentioned that a long time ago, back when it was first announced right? and then it got delayed. or maybe it's still being marketed that way, but harahoi is on iTunes and the artist is just tagged as KPP.
evilsin wrote:
Haven't heard the new song yet, but c'mon, even though Demo Demo Mada Mada was amazing and some of the songs were pretty questionable there were planty of good songs afterwards.

i know i know, i was exaggerating. but i haven't liked any of her songs really since pika pika fantajin.

Last Edited By: auntJemima Jan 3 17 1:49 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#717 post_url

Jan 4 17 7:00 AM

Sai & Co was amazing you shut your whore mouth LOLOL

But yeah, took a listen to the song (cuz it's on Youtube and a friend linked me!), it's pretty good. Definitely harkens back to old-school KPP days

I guess they released it digitally on its own ahead of the actual single drop?

Quote    Reply   

#718 post_url

Jan 5 17 9:22 AM

No the november song was a solo single, not a split one, had a limited and regular edition - just under KPP
Then it was cancelled and this was announced instead

Her latest releases were ~ok~ but ugh harajuku iyahoi is so good

Quote    Reply   

#719 post_url

Jan 8 17 8:10 AM

Wut. I didn't know anything about this Harajuku Iyahoi. It's pretty amazing and somehow I kept thinking it's EDM chorus riff is something Avicii would've done lol.

She's been a bit quiet lately but it's great to hear something new from her once in a while

Quote    Reply   

#720 post_url

Jan 10 17 8:08 PM

I agree with you guys. Song's good.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help