Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Oct 12 11 9:58 PM

^ I dunno, I just really like the song now, hah! And what the mother fuck, 'selling out because he's rapping with a woman singer'??? As stupid as that is in the first place, it's not even as though this is the first time he's done that, to say the least (it's not even the first time with AI). Miliyah Kato, Namie Amuro, DOUBLE, Sugar Soul, May J., ACO..... Maybe missing a few, even, but yeah, lol. >_>' And he's been doing these collabs for over a decade now. What makes him suddenly "selling out" for something that he's been doing on and off for most of his career? ._. Also, as poppy as some of those songs are, I thought it was well-known that ZEEBRA likes to keep the hardcore gangster act in his solo work, and usually concentrated in album trakcs, but then he's very mainstream in most of his collabs and singles. Again, something that he's always been doing, hah.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 post_url

Oct 28 11 10:27 AM

^ Hey, that's a cool tie-in! And I imagine that the song will be a unique one in her discography, considering both the series and the title. Definitely interested in seeing what will come of this.

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Nov 6 11 11:39 PM

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/2003452/full/
http://ai.emimusic.jp/news/index.html

other a-side, "ハピネス" will be used for a coca cola christmas campaign beginning Nov.7th. PV caps are up at the oricon link above. also, a preview of ""ウツクシキモノ" can be found in the news section of her site.

^cover

「ハピネス/Letter In The Sky feat.The Jacksons」

2011年12月14日発売

TOCT-40366/税込1,500円(CD DVD)

[収録内容]

<CD DVD>

CD1. ハピネス(コカ・コーラ2011 クリスマスキャンペーンソング)

CD2. Letter In The Sky feat. The Jacksons (マイケル・ジャクソン トリビュート・ライブ テーマソング)

DVD1. ハピネス- Music Video

DVD2. Letter In The Sky - Music Video

DVD3. 『伝説NIGHT』at 日本武道館with超SPECIAL GUEST大勢!!! - ダイジェスト・トレーラー

<初回特典>

(1)ポストカード(店頭渡し)

(2)「AIニューアルバム完成披露プレミアムライブ」招待応募券&USTREAM アクセス・シリアルナンバー封入

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Nov 7 11 2:22 AM

It kinda surprises me that all these songs sound exactly like her Universal stuff, since I'm used to people shaking it up a little when they switch labels.

I suppose it shows that she's always had quite a bit of control over her releases, or something.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

Nov 7 11 2:36 AM

So she's got a new album coming out soon as well then?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

Nov 7 11 9:05 AM

^^ Well, she has helped to write a good chunk of her music, so switching labels shouldn't make it sound too different. Also, she's always had a fairly varied style, so she'd have to do something more drastic to 'shake it' up too much, hah. I was a little worried, though, thinking, too, that the new label might make some kind of difference. So far, it definitely hasn't.

^ There's no news on anything like they yet, if that's what you mean. But, with the exception of the Last A.I., she's only ever had two or three singles to an album, so once the Berserk single gets a release, an album announcement shouldn't be too far away after that, considering that she always releases an era within six to nine months on average, sometimes less.... 'Course, that's probably around summer ('Happiness'/Letter In The Sky is actually the first single, which is released in December, so give it until around June for the album release), so it depends on what you mean by "soon", hah.

I really like Happiness! (Should I be spelling it like that? Meh, lol.) It's got that tinge of reggae in the vocals and melody that her last Coca-Cola tie-in had. Works so well with her. ^^ Also, you can't really tell shit from the Berserk preview, lol. However, it does seem as though she's not going for a rock song..... Oh well. And it doesn't seem like it would fit the Berserk style, hah. But yeah, can't really tell shit, so we'll see. XP

Quote    Reply   

#32 post_url

Nov 7 11 1:10 PM

Naomi Crescent wrote:
^ There's no news on anything like they yet, if that's what you mean. But, with the exception of the Last A.I., she's only ever had two or three singles to an album, so once the Berserk single gets a release, an album announcement shouldn't be too far away after that, considering that she always releases an era within six to nine months on average, sometimes less.... 'Course, that's probably around summer ('Happiness'/Letter In The Sky is actually the first single, which is released in December, so give it until around June for the album release), so it depends on what you mean by "soon", hah. 
in the bottom part of the news I posted, you can find the 1st press extras with the single, and number 2 is an application ticket to attend a premium live for the album plus a ustream access number. so no release date yet, but it should drop soon.

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

Nov 8 11 12:44 PM

Definitely liking Happiness! The sound isn't TOO different from what she's done before, but it's definitely a song with a stronger Urban-style than she has done in a while now. Just wish the PV weren't so overtly product placement-ish, but I guess that was to be expected from a Coca-Cola tie-in : P

Curious to see how it will fare!

Quote    Reply   

#35 post_url

Nov 24 11 1:59 PM

Happiness is doing pretty well digitally so far! I guess the major campaign definitely helped. #2 on iTunes and it has been in the top 5 for both ringtones and full songs for some time now... hopefully it can get a Gold certification.

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

Dec 13 11 12:28 PM

AI「INDEPENDENT」TOUR 2012

2012年6月1日(金)大阪府 オリックス劇場
OPEN 18:00 / START 19:00

2012年6月10日(日)愛知県 愛知県芸術劇場
OPEN 17:00 / START 18:00

2012年6月22日(金)東京都 日本武道館
OPEN 18:00 / START 19:00

Album, "INDEPENDENT" out 2012.02.22

Quote    Reply