Remove this ad

#4101 post_url

Dec 10 11 6:31 AM

A) they're not my gods, B) I could give a flying fcuk what the Korean media, or those clowns at AKP have to say, or overstate, my girls are doing well in Japan and that's all I care about, C) I don't care about SHINee (in Japan, at least), and I don't even like all kpop, D) this is your last post I'll read, say hello to journey on the way out!

Back OT, I hope kara is able to maintain this consistent sales pattern through year-end, and maybe even get some sort of kohaku/MSSL boost, if possible.

Remove this ad

#4102 post_url

Dec 10 11 6:43 AM

kara will be on Hey3 SP on the 19th, then MSSL on the 23rd, then Japan Record Awards on the 30th, and Kouhaku the following day.

if KARA wins at the Japan Record Awards, that's gonna boost their sales by a lot i think

#4103 post_url

Dec 10 11 10:52 AM

What is KARA nominated for at RecoTai? They aren't new artists... right?

I really like that they are trying for the Japanese market. All of their Japanese has improved greatly since they debuted and they aren't just relying on one of two members to do all of the talking for them. They've worked hard and connected with the audience, so it's showing in their well-deserved sales.

journey

#4104 post_url

Dec 10 11 11:16 AM

^Song of the year with GO GO Summer

lol irl at BlackSoShi, get a grip on reality girl

omg at Kubota SLAYING still at #3. he's so amazing. I've been listening to his best nonstop for the past week or so, I can't stop. those sales are totally deserved, and I can see it being an incredibly long seller.

#4105 post_url

Dec 10 11 11:48 AM

budonkadonk wrote:
What is KARA nominated for at RecoTai? They aren't new artists... right?

I really like that they are trying for the Japanese market. All of their Japanese has improved greatly since they debuted and they aren't just relying on one of two members to do all of the talking for them. They've worked hard and connected with the audience, so it's showing in their well-deserved sales.
2NE1 got nominated for the new artists award.. which is strange because they performed the worst out of the other new kpop debutants

#4106 post_url

Dec 10 11 12:22 PM

Yeah, that's kinda shady. When they appeared on a one of those year-end music shows last month, everyone was like "Who the hell are these people?!". Seems like there's a lot of effort to get people to like them... probably because of their gaining of popularity in places like Europe and what not... and also that they'll work with one of those BEP people. Then again, they always seem to have a WTF nominee or three in that category.

I need to pick up a copy of Toshi's album...   26 years of epic.

#4107 post_url

Dec 10 11 12:58 PM

You mean Best Hits Kayousai? Yeah, it's pretty amusing to see when 2NE1 (and Fairies) appeared on stage and people are not cheering. So much for relevancy and popularity.

Anyway, weekly sales so far...

Singles:

AKB48 - 959,280 + 79,267 + 32,235 + 21,188 = 1,091,970
Amuro Namie - 28,231 + 17,627 + 9,190 + 6,313 = 61,361
SUPER JUNIOR - 17,185 + 3x
Houkago Tea Time - x + 12,677 + 5,122 + 3,586 = x + 21,385

Albums:

JIN AKANISHI - 55,547 + 22,377 + 10,089 + 6,185 = 94,198
Sandaime J Soul Brothers (TRIBAL SOUL) - 39,437 + 26,759 + 7,985 + x = 74,181 + x
SHINee - 38,922 + 3x
KARA - 7,143 + x + 15,622 + 8,712 + 7,943 = 39,420 + x

SHINee fell even further to 6th, and with SUJU hanging at 6th, I'm not surprised if they end up behind both songs from K-ON, or even 6th behind flumpool.

And I'm glad to see that Namie will probably sell almost as much as the Break It single!

Last Edited By: whitedove Dec 10 11 1:00 PM. Edited 1 time.

#4109 post_url

Dec 10 11 1:05 PM

k1s3k1 wrote:
2ne1 and fairies = avex...
LOL I thought so too! That's why half of the people nominated for Best New Artist on Japan Reco are from Avex. smiley: laugh

Oricon

#4110 post_url

Dec 10 11 8:42 PM

I think it's rubbish talk tbh that people really think SM really has SO MUCH control over their career in Japan that it was them who chose to go down that publicity route. Girls' Generation before they were popular didn't do that..

Obviously people blame on the Korean label and not the Japan, some people here are really one mind sided and think that anything to do with K-Pop is somewhat bad and everything completely their fault and anything Japan base related is purely good and that the Japan labels (like in SHINee's case) wouldn't even think of doing this publicity but rather follow SMs orders..

Back on to Oricon..

KARA #1 today . Seeing Super Junior and SHINee and most of the K-Pop acts sale decrease it seems we won't be getting any one of them breaking into the Japan market like TVXQ, BoA, SJJD, KARA anytime soon or ever really.

Remove this ad

#4111 post_url

Dec 10 11 10:15 PM

The stunt did not contribute to shinee's sales. It has failed and depending on how Kara will do today, Kara might take the 3rd place at the end of the week.

Kubota-san is having a nice momentum there!

PS: He's 50? He doesn't look 50.

#4112 post_url

Dec 11 11 12:11 AM

journey wrote:
lol at Kamikyokutachi still charting... the fact that it's STILL selling is just another piece of evidence that their casual fanbase is massive. and that the haters who say AKB48 is front-loaded and no one buys their stuff besides wota in the first week are dead wrong. get it girls!

Actually majority of AKB48's singles are still charting too.
ooge diamond is still charting over 3 years, in addition to everything else released after that.

Probably the only shortest lasting single I can think of is Chance no Juban.

#4113 post_url

Dec 11 11 2:15 AM

River wrote:
The stunt did not contribute to shinee's sales. It has failed and depending on how Kara will do today, Kara might take the 3rd place at the end of the week.

Kubota-san is having a nice momentum there!

PS: He's 50? He doesn't look 50.
Yeah, these last 2 days of the week will be important in SHINee's placing, since KARA are onslaught at the moment.

And yes, Kubota-san is 50. Isn't it impressive? smiley: happy

#4114 post_url

Dec 11 11 5:59 AM

11,936 KARA
*8,443 久保田利伸
*5,935 Perfume
三代目 J Soul Brothers
JIN AKANISHI
JUJU
SHINee
由紀さおり&ピンク・マルティーニ
NICO Touches the Walls
GARNET CROW

ヒルクライム
水樹奈々
ASKA
(~俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがないComplete Collection+~俺妹コンプ+!)
シェネル
Noa
2PM
the HIATUS
芦田愛菜
リアーナ

(VOCAROCK collection 3 feat.初音ミク)
少女時代(girls)
ぱすぽ☆
清木場俊介(LOVE SONGS ~BALLAD SELECTION~)
SPECIAL OTHERS
関ジャニ∞
(ワッツ・アップ!2012)
YUI
(週刊添い寝CD vol.10悠生)
AKB48

Last Edited By: k1s3k1 Dec 11 11 6:02 AM. Edited 1 time.

#4116 post_url

Dec 11 11 7:35 AM

^ Holy flying fuck. Idols sales are just way too whack for me to handle

Namie is doing really well! She'll be at 69k today... with one more day to go I'm pretty sure she'll easily beat Wild/Dr's 75k first week : D

#4117 post_url

Dec 11 11 7:56 AM

Ugh! Wondering if Namie will be able to hold on to the 2nd spot. I think SUJU will definitely fall flat tomorrow but not entirely too sure.

#4118 post_url

Dec 11 11 8:04 AM

Whatever Super Junior did obviously worked. That's how you promote.

The battle for the second place is open now. Have to wait for the weekly to come out.

PS: Come on Oricon, please confirm that this week will be the last week of the year .

#4119 post_url

Dec 11 11 8:14 AM

"Super Show 4" @ Kyocera Dome, Osaka: December 10 & 11, 2011.

And my timeline is flooded by photos and spazz of SS4-related and Mr.Simple trucks, ads, etc.
Only in these 2 days I just realize that I befriend with too many SuJu fans. They must be bitching behind my back every time I expressed my 'view' regarding SuJu before. LOL.

#4120 post_url

Dec 11 11 8:19 AM

ouch didn't know it's a Dome concert. No wonder their sales rise like crazy.

So their sales tomorrow will be about 30k too?

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help