Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Apr 15 11 1:02 PM

this is on the second page? for shame!

Anyway, super pissed at my old post count being gone since I hardly ever post anymore and that was the only thing newer ppl could go by to tell that I wasn't some new fan or anything, but... oh well. New beginnings are good right~?

Remove this ad

#23 post_url

Apr 15 11 1:26 PM

I didn't liked most of the Checkmate songs, and overall it's a weak album. I'm biased, but I think that some of the new songs would be much better only with Namie singing, specially Black Out. Verbal's rap are getting boring and Lil Wayne only helps to totally fuck up the song. And I didn't liked Kawabata's voice in #1 and those cloned korean girls screaming in the background to show their 'vocal abilities' in make it happen annoys me.
On other hand I loved Fight Together, but it seems most people here didn't liked it.

Last Edited By: souichi Apr 15 11 1:29 PM. Edited 1 time.

#24 post_url

Apr 15 11 1:49 PM

Well as most of us are Namie stans we'd only want Namie singing on a track and no one else..the collab album is alright, with good tracks on it. I'm hoping the Black Out PV comes out soon as a last promotional video for Checkmate.

NATE

JPC Admin

#25 post_url

Apr 15 11 2:42 PM

I like when artist collaborate, but Namie did not pick really good artists to collaborate this time. It was either the same old people or people who have no business recording anything with Namie.

#27 post_url

Apr 15 11 3:58 PM

is like the concept of the cover of Checkmate! was: Namie as the Queen (chesspiece) and the other artists (collaboration) were simple soldiers

(duh)!

#28 post_url

Apr 15 11 6:04 PM

ReedTien wrote:
I'm excited for it, but not so much for the new songs. I've been dying for a hard copy of Rock U, and the old gem Do What You Gotta Do is amazing. I didn't know of it's existence before this collabo best, so it's a like a great, new song for me~

Oh wow~you have my macro as your avatar xD Sweet! LOL!

#29 post_url

Apr 15 11 9:39 PM

geniebsmart wrote:
ReedTien wrote:
I'm excited for it, but not so much for the new songs. I've been dying for a hard copy of Rock U, and the old gem Do What You Gotta Do is amazing. I didn't know of it's existence before this collabo best, so it's a like a great, new song for me~

Oh wow~you have my macro as your avatar xD Sweet! LOL!

Oh its yours? I couldn't remember where I got it from; I just found it on my computer hahah

#30 post_url

Apr 15 11 10:06 PM

nemesisyume wrote:
Ray May 2011

image image

Thx for this Mia =D

Remove this ad

#31 post_url

Apr 15 11 10:31 PM

UNUSUAL is definitely the best new song.  I still haven't seen the music video for it, but it's the only song that has a Namie vibe.  Blackout is ok, nothing special.  Verbal has turned into a wannabe now...he tries to hard.   Wayne...lmao where to start.

#34 post_url

Apr 16 11 1:57 AM

NATE wrote:
"Black Out" is the only one that I still listen to at the moment...

How come... =-=...
I listen to make it happen everyday, the verse is addicting! <3

#35 post_url

Apr 16 11 6:14 AM

all songs form checkmate already grow in my mind,.. but not for fight together, yet until now~
HMV.hk already list up Checkmate album with hk. vers. i'm waiting at PA/YA not yet already =3=

#37 post_url

Apr 16 11 7:01 AM

HighwayChance wrote:
I liked most of the songs on the album, but I must say I don't recall Yamapi being such a shitty vocalist.

To be honest, has he ever given you the idea he was a good vocalist? I've never really liked his voice and I often feel I'd like some of his solo stuff a lot more if he were a better vocalist...

ayukuuangel

#38 post_url

Apr 16 11 10:29 AM

I'm waiting to listen to it just because of 320kbps issue lol.

I love most of the album but I'm waiting. I'm glad I ordered it too.

#40 post_url

Apr 16 11 11:16 AM

^ !!!!!! MAIMAI!

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help