Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Feb 8 12 2:27 PM

Bridgit Mendler - Summertime (for the US release of "The Secret World of Arrietty")

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 post_url

Dec 13 12 2:59 PM

Ghibli announced their release for Summer 2013!

Double feature of Miyazaki (Hayao)'s Kaze Tachinu and Takahata's Kaguya Hime no Monogatari.

Takahata's is the project that's been rumored for years, Hayao's is different from all of the rumors (or at least the ones I've heard).

EDIT: Actually, it appears it is not a double feature, but two separate releases that will be opening on the same day! Didn't read the info too closely, lol...

Last Edited By: celticmoon Dec 13 12 6:23 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#44 post_url

Dec 23 12 5:31 AM

I just came back from seeing Kokuriko Zaka Kara and here is my review, copy-pasta-ed from "Last Movie Seen" thread:

Well as a fan of Studio Ghibli's work, I am obliged to watch this and I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I don't want to shift the blame to Goro Miyazaki as I thought there are a lot to like in this film, the animation obviously, coming from Ghibli is gorgeaous, although for their work, this one's a bit in your face rather than the usual subtlety. The soundtrack is jovial and upbeat, and I was waiting for the strings to accompany me in this nostalgic journey - it's not bad music by all means, but it is a different take from what I was expecting it to be. The story? A bit on the bland side or at least I'm not feeling it as much as I did when I saw Arrietty which also had a very simple story but all the right nuances. I guess things just felt a bit flat for me, and the fact that the "high school students" in the film were incredibly mature for their age left me wondering whether they have over-stretched the characterisations in the film to make them more interesting. 6.5/10

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help