Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Aug 26 11 6:17 PM

There was also a new preview for Q at the end of Ha as speculated. So apparently Unit 02 is still usable after all that it's been through... Well, at least Asuka is alive and well. Or at least, so it seems.

Q is a little further off than I would have liked, but we should be getting posters and trailers soon enough.

We still don't know if they're still sticking with the double feature plan for Q + the final part, but I really don't know if I can wait til like 2015 for the final part if they decide to split them, lol.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 post_url

Aug 27 11 2:10 AM

The trailer, for those who want to watch it:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15427345

Interesting how 02's arms have both been restored, but half of her head's still not fully repaired - you can see it right at the start of the trailer. Happy to see Asuka's back and kicking ass again, though I wonder where they got the money to repair 02 from, and who repaired it, seeing as how Tokyo-3 was pretty much annihilated at the end of "ha".

Quote    Reply   

#44 post_url

Aug 27 11 1:13 PM

luminaire wrote:
Interesting how 02's arms have both been restored, but half of her head's still not fully repaired - you can see it right at the start of the trailer. Happy to see Asuka's back and kicking ass again, though I wonder where they got the money to repair 02 from, and who repaired it, seeing as how Tokyo-3 was pretty much annihilated at the end of "ha".
Maybe her EVA regenerated?  That's the only explanation I can think of.

Quote    Reply   

#45 post_url

Aug 27 11 8:43 PM

Then again, thinking about it, 02 and her spare parts belonged to Euro anyway, so I guess it wouldn't have been too hard to get her repaired.

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

Sep 7 11 12:53 AM

I don't know... That thing looks beyond repair to me. And considering how short of a time span the last few episodes of Eva takes place in, I'm surprised they repaired it as much as they did.

And so I guess Unit 08 will belong to Mari, then. Well, that seems most plausible at this point, at least.

I wonder when we'll get the first theatrical trailer... Perhaps during the winter?

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#47 post_url

Jan 1 12 2:15 AM

The final title in the REBUILD series is titled "?" and will be released in 2013.

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

Jan 1 12 3:57 AM

And Q's official English title is "You can (not) redo".

So this means we're getting four full-length theatrical releases, instead of having Q and the final shown back-to-back as originally envisioned? Can't really tell how much more they're going to stretch the content from the last 8 episodes of the TV series or so, unless they're going to give us a lot of backstory for Mari et al.

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

Jan 3 12 4:17 PM

I'm not surprised that they decided to split them into two separate releases; I was pretty much half expecting it to happen. Though I am surprised the final part is coming so soon after Q. Also, I'm not sure if the official title will be "?"... I always imagined that they were going to reveal the official title closer to the release date, so in this case, probably when Q is released.

As for them stretching out little content over two films, I have a feeling they will be veering off quite a bit from the original material from here, so anything can happen. Plus, judging from this, it seems likely that more new characters will be introduced.

Also, anyone find it interesting that they will seemingly be going with a blue theme for Q? I just found it a bit surprising after the red and orange for the first two films... Though perhaps it shouldn't be surprising given that they went with Q instead of 急 for the title.

Last Edited By: celticmoon Jan 3 12 4:20 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Jan 4 12 4:06 AM

I'm not surprised that they've deviated from the original plan of releasing the last 2 together either. Especially since 2.0's already sent the plot way off for this franchise to be just a 're-telling', which was what they said it was going to be originally. But I'm doubtful as to whether we're really going to be getting the final installment in 2013 too.

People said the colours are based on the traffic lights, which is why it's red -> amber/orange -> blue/green. But I LOVE that shade of blue/teal-colour they used for 'Q', it's one of my favourite colours.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zeopower6

#51 post_url

Jan 5 12 9:51 PM

I thought the original plan was to start off as a retelling and then totally create a new ending?

I wonder what the main color for the fourth movie will be~

Quote    Reply   

#52 post_url

Jan 5 12 10:27 PM

Looking at the website, it seems like it could be white.. Though that might just be a placeholder color.

If my memory serves me correctly, Jo, Ha, an Kyuu were supposed to more or less be a retelling of the TV series, with the final part "?" being a new ending. Jo and Ha were each supposed to be 90 minutes, with Kyuu and ? being a double feature of 45 minutes each. And I'm pretty sure Kyuu + ? was supposed to be released by Summer 2008... LOL.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#53 post_url

Jan 6 12 12:10 AM

lol, I wonder if they underestimated how long the movies would take at the time... oi.

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

Jan 6 12 2:27 AM

That's probably one factor, but I think the first film was much more successful than they expected, so that may have prompted them to really go all out with the project, thus also leading the story line of the film series to veer off so early on.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#55 post_url

Jan 6 12 9:17 AM

Hmm, that would make sense if this were another property, but was there any doubt of how successful an Evangelion reboot would be?

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

Jan 6 12 5:56 PM

Well, it was obviously expected to be successful... I wouldn't be surprised if it just started off as a money grab for Anno to help jump start Studio Khara. But I think it outdid expectations. 

Quote    Reply   

#57 post_url

May 7 12 8:24 PM

Not a lot of news lately... Apart from the new characters teaser:

Looks like another female pilot is going to be introduced!

Last Edited By: Osiris May 7 12 8:34 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#58 post_url

May 9 12 7:59 AM

They're starting to look like a Sentai team, haha.

I wonder if they featured Touji or Hikari in the silhouettes, or are they both not in REBUILD?

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Jul 1 12 8:26 PM

November 17 release date set for Q!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help