#21 post_url

Jun 8 11 11:45 PM

Wow the packaging really not too nice.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

seca

#23 post_url

Jun 9 11 3:05 AM

I'd be pissed too as that is terrible packaging. The NaNaNa packaging wasn't like that, they had the jewel cases like usual for all of the editions. Wonder if production issues in Japan was what made them switch to that.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#26 post_url

Aug 1 11 2:20 PM

Looks like they're making up for not releasing a concert DVD sooner by releasing the past two concerts in a set with the new release. The LE even has footage from their 2008 concert tour.

JABA-5089
TOKIO/TOKIO Live Tour +Plus+ & Over 30's World(Title subject to change) [Limited Edition]  DVD
9048 yen US$115/78.95  Release Date:2011/09/14
Description:Live DVD release from TOKIO featuring the band's "TOKIO LIVE TOUR 2011 +PLUS+" concert  held at Nippon Budokan in May 2011 and "TOKIO  LIVE TOUR OVER 30's WORLD" concert in Nagoya Gaishi Hall. This edition includes a bonus disc featuring the final day of the band's "TOKIO SUMMER LIVE'08 SUGAR" concerts held at Pacifico Yokohama in the summer of 2008. Features special packaging (subject to change).
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=JABA-5089
JABA-5092
TOKIO/TOKIO Live Tour +Plus+ & Over 30's World(Title subject to change) [Regular Edition]  DVD
7619 yen US$97/78.95  Release Date:2011/09/14
Description:Live DVD release from TOKIO featuring the band's "TOKIO LIVE TOUR 2011 +PLUS+" concert  held at Nippon Budokan in May 2011 and "TOKIO  LIVE TOUR OVER 30's WORLD" concert in Nagoya Gaishi Hall.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=JABA-5092

Quote    Reply   

shodoimpulse

Change your avatar to 100x100 to regain it. 

#28 post_url

Aug 23 11 7:29 AM

Hi, i know nothing about TOKIO but i came across Sorafune and the song is actually very good imo. I thought that TOKIO just like another JE boyband like arashi or kattun but they are quite different.. So, i gave a listen to their album 'Harvest' which has the 'sorafune' and surprisingly the album is very enjoyable despite the long tracklist! It's not like another JE boy's album which i could not stand half way listening... TOKIO gave this 'good feeling, relax and enjoy yourself' type of feeling.. i'm not sure how to describe~

So, i wanna try their other materials but i don't know where to start because of their long discography, i'm afraid that i would choose the wrong song or album that ended up i disliking them. i listen to 'miageta ryusei' and 'haruka' but i can't remember the song at all, unlike 'asu wo mezashite' or 'get your dream' which immediately stay in my head for a while.. So, how should i start? i really like the vocal, not really skillful but he sing passionately~

Should i start with their best album?

Quote    Reply   

Ardnala

#29 post_url

Aug 23 11 8:11 AM

Hi and welcome!!!!  A0126e362cb1a4e78279e3c787196272b717fa77_r

It seems like you like their rockier stuff (I know I do!). For an album recommendation, I would recommend 5 AHEAD, Glider, and Act II to start with. Their older stuff isn't bad (but some of it is much more poppier and if you go way back, Tomoya's vocals aren't as good E9016b63bb498b99cde139a855d3294f5539176d_r).

Specific song recommendations:

HEY MR. SAMPLING MAN
Water Light
glider
Message (this might be my all time favorite TOKIO song)
"Concrete" "Japanese" "Sunday"
Jibun no tame ni
Transistor G Girl
Mr. Traveling Man
Kanpai!!

Quote    Reply   

shodoimpulse

#30 post_url

Aug 23 11 12:08 PM

Ardnala wrote:
Hi and welcome!!!!  A0126e362cb1a4e78279e3c787196272b717fa77_r

It seems like you like their rockier stuff (I know I do!). For an album recommendation, I would recommend 5 AHEAD, Glider, and Act II to start with. Their older stuff isn't bad (but some of it is much more poppier and if you go way back, Tomoya's vocals aren't as good E9016b63bb498b99cde139a855d3294f5539176d_r).
uuhh... i came across 'Ashita no Kimi wo Mamoritai', from 1994..... it doesn't even sound like TOKIO at all....  

thanks for the recommendation, i'll definitely try it out.. especially "Concrete" "Japanese" "Sunday" ~ such an interesting title~
i first came across TOKIO few years ago when i heard Ambitious Japan. Memorable song and vocal but i didn't search further about them until 'Sorafune'. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

seca

#31 post_url

Aug 23 11 8:27 PM

I would second the albums Ardnala suggested as they are probably the best in their discography. I would just add Amagasa to the song list as it's personally one of my favorite songs, though it's partly because it's written by Shiina Ringo.

There early stuff and image are very much indeed different from their more recent stuff. In Japan I found the VHS tape they released for their debut as well as their first photo book and it's so strange to see them not only so young but wearing some of the things they were.

Quote    Reply   

shodoimpulse

#32 post_url

Aug 24 11 7:09 AM

^i can imagine that.... i think i would prefer their recent stuff (even thought i only heard harvest.. i really like it from the first track till the end)~~. i searched about them at wikipedia but it is not even complete, so little information about them. Their recent single is not included in their discography. And i would like to buy their dvd just to see how is TOKIO, during live performance~ any specific recommendation of which dvd should i buy first? i saw some of their dvds at the music store but i dont remember which one...

btw, i watch some varieties which Matsuoka and Nagase acting ~ Matsuoka acted as a bad guy looking for some medicine for his mom, and Nagase has the medicine. So, Matsuoka are trying to trick Nagase to hand the medicine to him. The ending are very hilarious and unexpected. These guy are brilliant~ http://www.youtube.com/wa...3K6OgM1g&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/wa...CKgMYwzU&feature=related

Quote    Reply   

Ardnala

#33 post_url

Aug 25 11 10:10 PM

shodoimpulse wrote:
^i can imagine that.... i think i would prefer their recent stuff (even thought i only heard harvest.. i really like it from the first track till the end)~~. i searched about them at wikipedia but it is not even complete, so little information about them. Their recent single is not included in their discography. And i would like to buy their dvd just to see how is TOKIO, during live performance~ any specific recommendation of which dvd should i buy first? i saw some of their dvds at the music store but i dont remember which one...
It's hard to find info on TOKIO nowadays, not many foreign fans like them sadly. For live DVDs, I remember loving their 10th Anniversary DVD. I didn't like the 2002 5 AHEAD one so much (because it seemed like they couldn't decide if they were an idol group or a band). Their new one will probably be good; in OVER 30's, they sung WATER LIGHT, HEY! Mr. SAMPLING MAN, and Sonic Drive in the same show, you cannot go wrong with that!!! 

Quote    Reply   

seca

#34 post_url

Sep 2 11 9:12 PM

It seems during my time without internet Yamaguchi got into some trouble.

From Tokyo Graph:

Yamaguchi Tatsuya (39) of the group TOKIO was caught by police in Shinagawa on Sunday for driving without a valid license. According to the police department, the case is planned to be sent to the public prosecutor’s office.

At around noon on Sunday, Yamaguchi was driving in Tokyo’s Shinagawa ward. At one intersection, he changed lanes in a zone where lane changes are not allowed, and an officer at a nearby police box called out to Yamaguchi to stop. When he was asked to show his driver’s license, it was discovered that the license had expired in January of this year.

Yamaguchi stated that he had not realized that his driver’s license had expired. During a press conference held on Monday night, he apologized in front of the media for driving for the past half year without realizing the error.

Quote    Reply   

Ardnala

#36 post_url

Sep 3 11 8:52 PM

DUHHHH!! He's lucky he's Japanese, if he was a foreigner, he'd be locked up for who knows how long and then deported. (Yes, I'm feeling bitter right now) But really, he should know better. 

Quote    Reply   

shodoimpulse

#37 post_url

Sep 4 11 3:45 PM

somehow, i feel pity to the celebrities, everything they do, whatever mistakes, they have to do a press conference to apologize.
btw... i starting to really love this band~ thank you for all the suggestions, i hope TOKIO will release new album soon~

Quote    Reply   

seca

#40 post_url

Dec 22 11 11:30 PM

Yep, it's KIBOU and it's to be released on February 1st or something around then. When I'm not dead tired I'll update the thread title.

I really wonder when they will release an album though. It's been way too long since their last proper album release.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help