Remove this ad

zeopower6

Lead

May 5 11 10:40 PM

Tags : : , , , , , , , , , , ,

AX is coming up along with Fanime~

So far Kalafina has been announced as the first musical guest for AX11! And FLOW will be attending Fanime this month as well. No idea who else will be present though~ oh, Tuxedo Mask and Amuro Ray's seiyuu will be at Fanime too~

Anyone else going to any cons~?

Last Edited By: zeopower6 Jul 10 12 7:02 AM. Edited 5 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

zeopower6

#1 post_url

May 6 11 3:50 PM

SCANDAL has been announced for AM2 in Anaheim [Anime Expo's rival convention] during the July 4th weekend!

It¹s ³Scandal-Icious²! AM2 Proudly Welcomes The Ladies Of Scandal As Official Musical Guests Of Honor
May 6th 2011
This Summer¹s Most Anticipated Animation, Music and Manga Convention in Southern California Partners with Cure Magazine to Bring the Best in Japanese Musical Talent to the U.S. Passport Holders Receive Premier Seating! Get your Passports Today and Experience the Difference!

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (May 6, 2011) ­ The ³most powerful Japanese Girlie Pop Rock² band, SCANDAL, is scheduled to appear and perform at AM2 - this summer¹s most anticipated anime, manga and music convention this coming 4th of July weekend. More info can be found at www.am2con.org <http://www.am2con.org>

Fans will rock out to the all-girl rock band sensation with Haruna Ono (vocals, guitar), Tomomi Ogawa (bass, vocals), Mami Sasazaki (guitar, vocals) and Rina Suzuki (drums, percussions, keyboards vocals). SCANDAL¹s music has been featured in anime series and films including BLEACH, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST and a host of others.

³Fans are going to be so thrilled with this announcement², states Chase Wang AM2 representative, ³AM2 will be the place to be for Japanese music enthusiasts. Basically a 3-day Passport provides fans access to the best seats in the house to 5 concerts for the price of one! Get your Passports today and experience the difference!²

Entrance to the event is free, but attendees can avoid the huge lines by obtaining a Passport fast pass for the event. The Passport fast pass will also provide holders with premier seating options at Main Events and at Concert events as well as major discounts with theme parks, retailers and local restaurants. Bypass the lines and get your Passport today and
experience the difference!

SCANDAL joins current Guests of Honors including Sadie, Kanon Wakeshima, kanon x kanon, heidi., Gashicon, IBI and MINT.

Interesting...

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#3 post_url

May 10 11 2:43 AM

Anyone you're hoping to see at either con?

I just know they're gonna announce some biiiig guests as July approaches.

Last Edited By: zeopower6 May 10 11 2:56 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

May 10 11 3:15 AM

luckily I live in California LA to be exact, I had planned on going to Fanime to see Flow live and AM2 right now is my top choice to see Sadie, Scandal and Kanon x Kanon which isn't 100% decided but its free and has more to offer so that might be where I go.

Im also debating if I spend the 40 bucks for the passport for the prioritized seating which isnt too bad still, well guess Ill wait a few more weeks and see AX Prices is already at 70 and raises 5 bucks more but lacks for me right now.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#5 post_url

May 10 11 3:44 AM

Yeah. AX might not really be worth it, but there will definitely be more people at AX than AM2, I believe. AM2 might have commuters... people traveling to and from LA to see certain events so who knows!

I live right next to where AM2 is held (AX's old home) but I will be at a hotel in LA for AX! I wish they didn't do this competitive scheduling. >_>

Quote    Reply   

#6 post_url

May 10 11 4:08 AM

I am a J-Rock fan. So I really want to see Sadie. I want to Scandal and Wakeshima Kanon as well. I have two of Wakeshima Kanon's albums. So hopefully she will sign autographs before or afterwards. My aunt and cousins live in LA. So I will probably ask them next month if I could stay there for a few days. My cousins are big anime and J-Pop fans as well. So most likely they will be going with me. Most of my friends are kind of broke. So it is doubtful they will go with me.

There is another anime convention in Dallas, Texas where the J-Rock band D is going to play. I was tempted to go, but since the con in LA is better and I don't really like their new stuff, I will probably not go now.

Last Edited By: Kiba May 10 11 4:13 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#7 post_url

May 10 11 6:31 AM

Aww, that stinks about not getting to go with your friends. tbh, AM2 is a free-to-attend con so the only problem I guess is getting to California for your friends... ;(~~~

TBH, for the most part I have gone to AX alone and met up with people while there... but I started going in a group since last year.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Jun 11 11 6:06 PM

So we finally get to see the dub version of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Anime Expo, Los Angeles, CA - July 1st ONLY!
It's going to be a Haruhi Suzumiya Extravaganza on Friday, July 1st at Anime Expo! Here's the schedule so far:
1pm - Autographs: I'll be signing autographs at the Bandai booth in the Dealer's Room
4pm - Screening: I'll be introducing the recently completed dub version of the film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya at Anime Expo!
That's it so far! Stay tuned for upcoming Durarara events at Anime Expo as well!

Source: http://crispinfreeman.com/news.html

HEY CAM-RIPPERS!!! GET THEM CAMERAS READY!!!!!

Last Edited By: Momoko Sakura Jun 11 11 6:09 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

Jun 11 11 11:24 PM

Momoko Sakura wrote:
So we finally get to see the dub version of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Anime Expo, Los Angeles, CA - July 1st ONLY!
It's going to be a Haruhi Suzumiya Extravaganza on Friday, July 1st at Anime Expo! Here's the schedule so far:
1pm - Autographs: I'll be signing autographs at the Bandai booth in the Dealer's Room
4pm - Screening: I'll be introducing the recently completed dub version of the film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya at Anime Expo!
That's it so far! Stay tuned for upcoming Durarara events at Anime Expo as well!

Source: http://crispinfreeman.com/news.html

HEY CAM-RIPPERS!!! GET THEM CAMERAS READY!!!!!
Will they cast Crispin Freeman as Kyon once again?

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

May 12 12 7:35 AM

ahh kalafina....I was gonna see them in HK anime convention but I missed their concert T_T
I'd love to go to an out of town con...but that is simply out of the question right now ):

only going to all the Vancouver cons atm~
(Anime Revolution 2012, Minicomi 2012 :p)

I'd be kinda glad if I could see some jrock too...but this is probably the wrong forum to discuss it xD

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#17 post_url

May 15 12 4:17 AM

Not sure if many people here go to cons sadly.

I hear the con scene in Canada is a bit sad though... I suggest going and trying to go to gatherings! Hopefully you have fun if you do decide to go.

Quote    Reply   

#18 post_url

Jun 8 12 2:55 AM

Oh I just checked out Anime Revolution, looks interesting with their Sailor Moon guests and all the supports they have from being a new convention, I'm gonna go and try it out coz it sounds really big and fun considering that there aren't that many big conventions here

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help