Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Jun 15 11 9:10 AM

I'm not a fan of Yamapi or NEWS (except Ryo) but I'm a believer that you should be where you feel happy. I'm sure Pi cares a lot about his teammates, but at the same time it's probably frustrating for him to be in that situation. It's clear that he wants to do something else with his career and NEWS isn't helping him with that.

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes though, either way you look at it someone isn't going to be happy with whatever decision he decides to take.

Honestly the only 2 ppl I'm worry about, are Koyama and Shige. I hope they just don't get tossed to the side.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 post_url

Jun 16 11 11:52 PM

i want to see how this will turn out..
JE hardly disband, do they? I mean Shonentai is still a group even thou they had been inactive.
[seriously, I thought they did disband or were on hiatus but my shonentai-fan friend was like "O_o NEVER say that, they are still a group!"]

even with married members, SMAP and V6 still go on.
Jin was probably the first Johnny to officially leave his group to do solo stuff.
Even if Jin did it, I never imagine Pi leaving not to mention no more NEWS.
if NEWS really disband, they would be the first group?

... if so, it would kind of sucks thou because they survived the Uchi and Kusano thing.

Should NEWS be disband and Uchi finally debut as solo, I don't know how I will react :p
[but if Kusano decide to come back, I'd be super happy hehehe ]

Quote    Reply   

seca

#24 post_url

Jun 17 11 1:57 AM

Shounentai is more the exception than the rule when it comes to older Johnny's groups. There were plenty of the earlier groups that broke up, and more more semi-recent examples there's Otokogumi and Hikaru Genji that broke up after members left. So it's not like it hasn't happened before, just that it hasn't happened for a long time.

And IIRC the Hikaru Genji members that left did so to go solo so Jin isn't the first for that.

I don't think Uchi will ever be able to debut. He'll remain as an active Junior like Kazama and Hasegawa but I don't see him being allowed to debut again, not after this long.

NEWS though from the start has had the feel of being Yamapi and his back dancers. If he goes I don't think Johnny's will see much point on continuing with NEWS as promoting Yamapi was one of the main reasons the group exists.

Quote    Reply   

jiarongisme

#25 post_url

Jun 17 11 4:54 AM

On a somewhat happier note, Tegoshi has a new CM with 'MATCH'.

Tegoshi goes Greek in new commercial

Yuya Tegoshi (NEWS) has turned into a Greek shepherd for his latest commercial, it was revealed on June 16, reports News 24.

The Johnny’s talent has been chosen as the new face of energy drink マッチ(Match), and will appear in a series of comical TV commercials playing Melos, a character from Japanese short story “走れメロス (Run, Melos)” by Osamu Dazai.  The story is about young Greek shepherd Melos and his friendship with Selinuntius.

In the first commercial, fans will see high schooler Melos running after the school bus, which he missed after sleeping in, and screaming out his friend’s name.

It has been reported Tegoshi turned up to today’s press conference wearing his Greek costume.

“I’m a popstar, I have to be able to wear anything!” he said.

It was revealed Tegoshi had run more than three kilometres during the commercial shoot, but it did not bring him down.

“It was a little hard to speed up while holding the product in my hand, but it was fun.  I love running,” he said.

To make things more interesting, a treadmill was brought into the hall, and Tegoshi insisted he answered questions while running.  It has been reported even when he was asked whether he was ever late for school, the talent managed to keep talking while running.

“I was never late for school!  I remember running flat out from the nearest station to school,” he said.

Credits: http://momoedgewood.wordp...greek-in-new-commercial/ | KarenPang @ AHS

Here's the CM + making + press conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccMoaAMQTRE

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Jun 18 11 3:57 AM

^ oh... then maybe it should happen again :p

*goeshide*

i'm kidding, please don't kill me
... or then again.. please kill me, I don't want to take the exam I have next week
dying is the only way out of it for now

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

Jun 18 11 9:29 AM

linlin wrote:
^ oh... then maybe it should happen again :p

*goeshide*

i'm kidding, please don't kill me
... or then again.. please kill me, I don't want to take the exam I have next week
dying is the only way out of it for now

Oh LOL! smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#29 post_url

Jun 18 11 9:38 PM

seca wrote:
Shounentai is more the exception than the rule when it comes to older Johnny's groups. There were plenty of the earlier groups that broke up, and more more semi-recent examples there's Otokogumi and Hikaru Genji that broke up after members left. So it's not like it hasn't happened before, just that it hasn't happened for a long time.

And IIRC the Hikaru Genji members that left did so to go solo so Jin isn't the first for that.

I don't think Uchi will ever be able to debut. He'll remain as an active Junior like Kazama and Hasegawa but I don't see him being allowed to debut again, not after this long.

NEWS though from the start has had the feel of being Yamapi and his back dancers. If he goes I don't think Johnny's will see much point on continuing with NEWS as promoting Yamapi was one of the main reasons the group exists.
Hikaru Genji had major issues though (from what I've heard, the members really hated each other) and Otokogumi was forced to disband due to the scandals they faced. 

If anything I'm just surprised it took so long for Jin to leave KAT-TUN, I could see from day one, they were not going to last as a 6 member group. As for NewS, like seca said, the group was really made to showcase YamaP and if he leaves, there's not much point in continuing it. If he did leave, Ryo would leave as well I'm sure and a 4 member NewS would probably be more active since those 4 might actually care about being active as NewS members (versus YamaP and Ryo who tend to distance themselves). And to be honest, I doubt NewS will be doing any more dome concerts if YamaP and Ryo aren't there. (I think KAT-TUN cancelling their dome tour is pretty sketchy -- the earthquake was a good excuse)

In my opinion, Uchi shouldn't be allowed to debut again. He was allowed to debut twice and he screwed himself over. It was all his doing. He's lucky he's allowed to be so active now as it is (with concerts and such). Given how the JE debuts have really slowed down over the years, there -might- be a volleyball debut this year and with Kisumai debuting, it's going to be several years until we get another debut. 

Quote    Reply   

seca

#30 post_url

Jun 18 11 10:29 PM

It'll be really weird with NEWS as four though, IMHO. It'll probably sound like Tegomass plus two back singers and while Koyama does well enough with vocals Shige struggles so it'll be incredibly unbalanced. And I think you're very right about no longer doing Dome concerts anymore. Seeing how much numbers dropped with Jin leaving KAT-TUN and how much Yamapi's solo releases tend to sell NEWS would probably plummet to the sales figures Tegomass gets with their releases.

Honestly with Kisumai's debut looking to be more than likely in August I'm really doubting there will be another debut this year. I think there's a greater chance that the volleyball support for this year would be given to NYC or even Kisumai, perhaps even HSJ again if need be. But they already seem to be pushing things with Kisumai I think it'll be a much safer bet for the next new group debut to be in 2012.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Callandra

JPC Admin

#31 post_url

Jun 18 11 10:50 PM

I agree too actually, it really would be like Tegomass with two back up singers. I think Tegomass would go on but Koyama and Shige might be SOL. Considering how well YamaP can do by himself (his releases do well and he can do solo concerts easily), NewS doesn't really need to exist anymore.

I wonder if Kisumai is going to just be the volleyball group. They've always done volleyball debuts right..? (1995 V6, 1999 Arashi, 2003 NewS, 2007 HSJ...so 2011 ???) This really isn't the right market or time to be debuting more than one JE group (or even one...). The Korean boom is huge and I think it's going to stay this way to at least the end of 2011. Plus you have AKB48 on the domestic front whose singles are creaming everyone else. Even JE's current biggest Arashi is not going to catch up to that. 

Quote    Reply   

seca

#34 post_url

Jun 28 11 2:00 AM

unkowwn wrote:
omg so much bad news in the JE world...

and hell where is my new V6 single!?!? =/

Being completely overlooked because Avex made the announcement for it the same day they announced the date for Kis-My-Ft2's debut single. It comes out the same day as the next AKB48 single does.

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#35 post_url

Jun 28 11 4:39 AM

seca wrote:
unkowwn wrote:
omg so much bad news in the JE world...

and hell where is my new V6 single!?!? =/

Being completely overlooked because Avex made the announcement for it the same day they announced the date for Kis-My-Ft2's debut single. It comes out the same day as the next AKB48 single does.

Guess that shows how much faith/hope JE has for V6.. Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r

Quote    Reply   

seca

#37 post_url

Aug 7 11 3:06 AM

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a NEWS release this year. They've really been given the shaft since they decided to continue on with Yamapi's solo releases. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it was Yamapi and Tegomass going on the end of year shows at this point instead of NEWS.

Quote    Reply   

Ardnala

#39 post_url

Aug 7 11 10:03 PM

seca wrote:
Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a NEWS release this year. They've really been given the shaft since they decided to continue on with Yamapi's solo releases. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it was Yamapi and Tegomass going on the end of year shows at this point instead of NEWS.
NewS still could...didn't HSJ just sing one of their old songs for that year they didn't release anything? But I think YamaP would rather go on by himself anyway. 

I wonder if Tegomass are planning an album/mini album to go with the tour. The dates don't come off as much of a surprise because it leaves K8 free to tour in fall/winter again like last year.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

Aug 12 11 6:57 PM

hi, i'm new and I love news as group just like most other people.

however i sincerely feel that if pi needs to leave - let him. news may not survive as a group but - they'll be better off that way.

while the others may be less popular, but they are not chicken feed either. they worked hard to make news what it is today, and to be honest i think that they lived and breathed news because news gave them their breaks. They were committed to news "because news is home". and home is where the heart is. and no matter how measly their talents could be, i think we should applaud them for having traveled so far.

so - let Pi have his day. if we love him, really love him, let him go : because this is his dream. let him search it and be fulfilled.
if he comes back to news (if news still exists), that's fine. if not, that's fate. maybe it's a blessing in disguise : maybe GOD has better things in store for 'struggling Shige', yeah?

One question though - is it true that news was formed simply to showcase Pi? Pi could have been showcased through his previous group ....was it 4TOPS? then Mr. JE did not have to bring in Ryo and Uchi from K8 either --- why should he need to make those two have to divide their time running back and forth between Osaka and Tokyo if JE simply wanted to have Pi as the main attraction? why didn't JE spend money in developing 4TOPS? why'd JE have to invest in some newbies like tego, koya, shige and massu who may not have been able to provide the returns on substantial investments? In short, what do tego, koya, shige and massu have that 4TOPS didn't have?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help