Remove this ad

#41 post_url

May 12 11 7:02 AM

So Love alone debuted at no. 3 of the official South Korean Gaon Download charts, with 312,456 copies sold in its first week.

Very impressive, considering it's not even the lead track for their comeback album ^^

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 post_url

May 12 11 8:19 AM

Those numbers are absolutely 100% right, they're from Korea's official Gaon (modeled after Billboard) charts.

Korean numbers are simply extremely high for three reasons

1) The digital market has always been huge, and physical product sales have gone down so far since people just download all the songs.

2) Digital downloading is completely illegal in Korea and, as I understand, pretty strictly enforced. (What I mean to say is that, unlike in many territories where only the one who offers the illegal downloads can be prosecuted, in Korea the downloader can also be prosecuted)

3) Songs are quite a bit cheaper than in most of the world.

But they are still sales. For example, the best-selling song last year was from 2am, and sold over 3 million copies. It's simply a big digital market.

Last Edited By: nackar May 12 11 8:21 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#45 post_url

May 12 11 11:28 PM

I don't know what it is about this group, but their music always seems so blah for me on first listen and then it infests my brain and I'm listening to them 1,000 times.

I hope we get some news on their comeback soon. I need some new K-pop.

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

May 16 11 11:35 PM

Comeback With a Full Album Next Week

Meanwhile, miss A’s management company, AQ Entertainment, revealed on the 16th, “We plan on releasing the first full album around next week. In order to put our efforts into selling out the album, we also decided to have Min step down from ‘Immortal Song 2‘. Currently, we are in the middle of the album jacket photoshoot. Because this is the first official album, we are being as thorough as possible. We plan to meet our fans with a great album.”

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/miss-as-suzy-rehearsing-for-comeback-next-week

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#50 post_url

May 17 11 6:41 PM

Kpop is so wtf, maybe they could actually sell albums if they properly promoted them instead of dumping them in stores without notice.

Last Edited By: NATE May 17 11 7:56 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#53 post_url

May 17 11 9:22 PM

Also love how it says "around next week".

If they're just doing the jacket photo shoot now surely they can't pop the album out that fast can they? I'm starting to think maybe there's a translation error and they mean the album details will be revealed?

Yesasia have started to list the album for pre order with a June release, I think it was the 10th.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#54 post_url

May 17 11 10:52 PM

Someone said on Omona that it's typical of Kpop acts to do CD photoshoot very close to the release of the album. It has something to do with the albums being digitally released before they're released physically. I remember "Step Up" being released digitally before it was released physically, so I guess that's just how they do things there.

It makes you wonder just how much time is actually put into a release in Korea. Probably why 99.9% of all Kpop albums are filled with 99.9% filler.

Quote    Reply   

#55 post_url

May 18 11 4:07 PM

Hmmm makes sense. Doesn't seem like its only with CDs either... I remember watching the making of a K-drama, Super Rookie, and they finished shooting the final episode just before it aired and edited the footage as it aired.

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

May 19 11 12:42 AM

Oricon wrote:
Hopefully, the legs are awful though.

You mean the leg logo or their (girls) legs?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help