Remove this ad

NATE

JPC Admin

#41 post_url

May 24 11 2:41 PM

^ I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. Lina and Nana should just get pregnant now.

Give me that Mina solo project!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 post_url

May 25 11 1:03 PM

I think I've asked this before, but does any else feel like they were setting the stage for Mina's solo career just before she left the group? Songs like Feel so Right and Moonlight were arranged so that only Mina's verse (aka the first verse) was performed on TV shows, and then of course there was Paradise Lost, which was for all intents and purposes a Mina solo with the others doing background vocals...

Also, I was watching some old MAX videos today, and I really wish MAX could go back to their 'cool, sophisticated yet still sexy' thing that had going back in '97 with Give me a shake, Love is dreaming and Shinin' on shinin' love, etc. Maybe it's because that's when I became a fan, but I loved them in suits. And honestly, it's a heck of a lot more age appropriate than the mini-dresses are.

Why has Eurobeat = MAX because the neverending standard for everything? smiley: mad I know that it was super popular, but if you look at their whole career, they've done more non-Eurobeat than Eurobeat. They only had one album of all Eurobeat, after all. And none of their 3 biggest hits (Give me a Shake, Ride on Time, Issho ni...) were Eurobeat.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#45 post_url

May 25 11 9:43 PM

Claudia wrote:
I think I've asked this before, but does any else feel like they were setting the stage for Mina's solo career just before she left the group? Songs like Feel so Right and Moonlight were arranged so that only Mina's verse (aka the first verse) was performed on TV shows, and then of course there was Paradise Lost, which was for all intents and purposes a Mina solo with the others doing background vocals...

I think it was pretty obvious they were starting to branch out the group. Remember Mina was also being featured in magazines by herself at that time. I believe she was the first person to be on the cover of Mina magazine.

Also, I was watching some old MAX videos today, and I really wish MAX could go back to their 'cool, sophisticated yet still sexy' thing that had going back in '97 with Give me a shake, Love is dreaming and Shinin' on shinin' love, etc. Maybe it's because that's when I became a fan, but I loved them in suits. And honestly, it's a heck of a lot more age appropriate than the mini-dresses are.

Why has Eurobeat = MAX because the neverending standard for everything? smiley: mad I know that it was super popular, but if you look at their whole career, they've done more non-Eurobeat than Eurobeat. They only had one album of all Eurobeat, after all. And none of their 3 biggest hits (Give me a Shake, Ride on Time, Issho ni...) were Eurobeat.

I say this all the time. I don't need them to give me GMAS pt. II or LID pt. II, I only want them to have a style that was sexy and sophisticated like they were between 97-98 and make music that is adult. I think they had a bit of an identity crisis when newer cutesy girl group started to dominate and their sales started to decrease. They looked like they had started to go down the right path for them (Moonlight --> Feel so right) until Mina's pregnancy blew up in their faces. I thought with them coming back with "Are You Ready?" they were ready to continue off that sound, but then we keep getting... well, you know what we've gotten. Don't get me wrong, I love "CAT'S EYE." But I love the image much more than the song and if you read the comments for the video on YouTube, people really responded to the sexy/cool MAX. Hell, the song pretty much flopped but the music video was very successful it was even #1 on Chaku-uta. I wish they would realize that this is right for them and stop messing around. Even if the results aren't immediately successful there's something to be said for perseverance. That's why I'm upset with both MAX and SPEED lately. Have some guts, ladies. Look at Namie and learn from her example. It always gets worse before it gets better.

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

May 25 11 11:32 PM

I would definitely be down w/ a Mina solo project IF they let her have a say in the process. I remember her stating something along the lines of doing more RnB and non-Euro/dance type stuff. I am not a fan of any of that stuff. Like Dr. Dre said in those Dr. P commercials, slow it down, son...

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

May 27 11 10:53 AM

according to Lina's blog

3人用にフォーメーションを
変えたり

歌割りも変えたりして

曲が生まれ変わってる感じだよ

4人が3人になって
見え方的に淋しい印象も
受けると思うけど

気持ちは4人以上のパワーで
カッコいい

ステージにするので

これからの3人MAXにも
期待しててね~

さ、今日のリハーサルも
頑張るぞ

i cannot understand all of this, someone can translate?

but at least i'm happy they continue to do activities with the new formation of 3 members
it means Nana and Lina will sing more.
i don't like old VF idea that if MAX are not 4 persons, they cannot stand on any stage

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

May 27 11 1:08 PM

Here you go!

Translation:

We've been changing the formation to fit 3 people, and changing who sings what part, and the songs are reborn anew.

Visually, it might look a little lonely with 3 people instead of 4,
but emotionally, we'll turn it into a really cool performance that has even more power
than 4 of us, so I hope you'll look forward to see what MAX can do as a threesome!

Well then, I'll work hard at our rehearsal today!

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#50 post_url

May 27 11 5:27 PM

bigkun wrote:

it means Nana and Lina will sing more.

Stop. This is not a good thing.

i don't like old VF idea that if MAX are not 4 persons, they cannot stand on any stage

It's not an old VF idea, it's an idea put forth by the members themselves and they're not wrong. Reina is my least favorite member of MAX, but the group for me will always be Lina, Mina, Reina and Nana.

It'll be interesting to see what they can do as a three piece, but I'm not going to act like having Lina or Nana stand in for Reina is anymore of a good thing than it was for Lina to take on Mina's parts.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

NATE

JPC Admin

#51 post_url

May 27 11 8:42 PM

http://ameblo.jp/emerei/entry-10904777346.html

New thank you post from Reina's blog. Sounds like her husband had actually proposed to her last summer which makes it more suspect that they didn't say something earlier and then why even wait to register when she's pregnant? Anyway, I just hope this really means that everything is okay in the MAX camp and things will return to normal when she's ready. Although, I must say I'm uncomfortable with them not giving us a timetable for her comeback.

Quote    Reply   

#52 post_url

May 28 11 1:29 AM

I'm so glad Reina updated. I hope she'll keep updating!

If her husband actually proposed last summer and they only got married when she was 5 months pregnant...that kind of lends credence the my theory that she needed the company's permission to get married or something like that. I remember Namie's mother mentioning in that book she wrote how grateful she'd been to the higher ups for seeing Namie as a woman, not just a product and allowing her to get married.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#53 post_url

May 28 11 3:08 AM

I wonder what would have happened if they had said no.

EDIT:

Looked back on the blog post and she does mention being with MAX next year. I just hope they don't wait for her ass to come back to release new music. I don't mind another era like the Emotional History/Precious Collection era. I loved all those Mina-heavy singles.

Last Edited By: NATE May 28 11 5:15 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#55 post_url

May 31 11 3:58 AM

Funny thought...

The AKB48 umbrella seems to be absorbing various acts into their groups. For example, SDN48 added members miray and other avex signed acts. Nana has started to do more activities with the group, she choreographed a music video for SDN48 and is also starring in an AKB48 stage show. Not to mention, many of the members seem to adore her and MAX. How funny would it be if MAX was absorbed into the AKB48 franchise? They don't seem to have a problem with age either as some of the girls in the AKB48 franchise are old for idols. Some AKB48 fans also seemed to respond positively with MAX when they performed together with AKB48 a few months ago. Anyway, food for thoughts I doubt it would happen.

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

Jun 2 11 11:56 AM

Well, Anna Makino does the choreography for AKB48, so I'm not surprised Nana's been involved with them too, considering MAX and Anna are still friendly. I don't know how I'd feel about MAX getting absorbed into that umbrella though. I though we're trying to get them to move away from the idol side of things. LOL

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#57 post_url

Jun 2 11 5:43 PM

In an ideal world they could leech off AKB48's popularity and be the awesome group they were meant to be. sigh...

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

Jun 4 11 8:39 AM

off topic, i just got CD: MAX dake 60 pun gachi MIX
even it's OLD and SAME, but i still enjoy listening to it, feel like in Musical stage
the more i listen to the old vibes, the more i want them to be cool like before

Quote    Reply   

#59 post_url

Jun 5 11 3:34 AM

Honestly, I just hope they get their shit together-- but you know, coming back from what essentially WAS a hiatus and then have pretty much a repeat of an incident doesn't really bode well for the group.  Yeah yeah, everyone has their personal lives and what have you, but they really need to get their shit in order.  They don't even release that much as it is... smiley: tired 

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#60 post_url

Jun 9 11 5:19 PM

Found this on YouTube:

Pretty neat.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help