NATE

JPC Admin

Lead

Apr 13 11 10:19 PM

Tags : :

MAX: "Jounestu no ZUMBA"
[ CDS+DVD | AVCD-16483/B | 1,800 yen (tax out) | 2014.09.10 ]
[ CDS | AVCD-16484 | 1,200 yen (tax out) | 2014.09.10 ]

Following the success of their comeback single last year, "Tacata'," MAX is back again with a brand new latin-flavored dance track, "Jounetsu no ZUMBA."

CD
01. Jounetsu no ZUMBA
02. Sweet Sweet Honey
03. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
04. Jounetsu no ZUMBA (Instrumental)
05. Sweet Sweet Honey (Instrumental)
06. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! (Instrumental)

DVD
01. Jounetsu no ZUMBA Music Video
02. Jounetsu no ZUMBA Dance Video

The members of MAX first shot to fame as the four dancers behind Namie Amuro in the group SUPER MONKEY'S. After the group experienced success with their hit "TRY ME ~Watashi wo Shinjite~" the SUPER MONKEY'S moniker was dropped from the group name and their releases together would be solely accedited to Amuro. Not to be left behind, the remaining members of the group were approached with the idea to form their own group under the guidance of producer Max Matsuura, the producer whose name the group would derive their own name from. In May of 1995, the group debuted with the single "Koi no Suru Velfarre Dance ~Saturday night~. It did not perform well. It wasn't until their third single, "TORA TORA TORA" released in February of 1996 did the group finally start to make a name for themselves.

They released their first album, "MAXIMUM" at the end of 1996. It debuted at #1 spending four non-consecutive weeks there and selling over 1,000,000 copies. Their initial success was based around Eurobeat songs, but after the release of their first album it was decided that they would release original material. Their first original composition, "Give me a Shake" was released in April 1997 and debuted at #1, their first and only #1 hit. A second album, "MAXIMUM II" was released at the end of 1997 as well and also went on to sell over a million copies. They would be invited to perform at Kouhaku Utagassen for the first time that year.

The group continued their success well into 2001 with a string of consecutive top 20 hits, however, at the end of the year it was announced that Mina had becme pregnant and would be temporary leaving the group for a maternity leave. The original four piece released a new single and best album after the announcement and then went on hiatus. Several months past until a flyer announcing that MAX had found a new member had started to circulate. At an exclusive fanclub event held in July of 2002, the group introduced someone they deemed a temporary member, Aki. The group released a comeback single, "eternal white" in November of 2002. However, sales were dissappointing and the group continued to decline with each subsequent release with Aki.

Together with Aki, MAX released one album and six singles and went on an unannounced hiatus making periodic appearances as a group every once and while. The new foursome released their last single together in 2006. In 2007, Mina returned to TV screens as a dance instructor for the VISION FACTORY talent scouting show, "Okinawan Idol." Fan speculation of her return to MAX following her appearance on the show led to Mina and the rest of MAX publishing letters to the official fanclub that Mina would not be coming back to MAX and that instead Aki would now be a permanent member. This would not last long as Aki's departure from the group was announced in August of 2008 for the end of that month. Immediately following Aki's departure, the group held several secret meetings all of which led to the eventual announcement of a new best-of album with some online listings including a description of Mina's return. All traces of those descriptions would be removed.

On October 28, 2008, media outlets officially announced the return of Mina. The reunited foursome would make their first outing since Mina's return two days later on the morning program, Tokudane, performing their #1 single "Give me a Shake." A comeback concert event was performed on January 31st at C.C. Lemon Hall in Tokyo entitled "MAX PRESENTS NEW EDITION ~LIVE CONTACT 2009~." Demand for the event lead to a full scale tour later that year. In late July, 2009, the group released their comeback single "Rough Cut Diamond" which was followed by another single, "CAT'S EYE" and a cover album, "BE MAX" in 2010. On May 16th, 2011, it was announced that Reina had gotten married and was pregnant. She took maternity leave immediately while the remaining group members continued to perform as MAX periodically while pursuing individual activities. MAX returned officially returned to the music scene in the summer of 2013 with the single "Tacata'." It is their first release as a three-member group. Reina has yet to return to the group.

SINGLES
1995/05/10 - Koi Suru Velfarre Dance ~Saturday night~
1995/08/21 - Kiss me Kiss me, Baby
1996/02/21 - TORA TORA TORA
1996/07/17 - Seventies
1996/10/09 - GET MY LOVE!
1997/04/09 - Give me a Shake
1997/07/30 - Love is Dreaming
1997/10/29 - Shinin'on-Shinin'love
1998/04/22 - Hikari no VEIL
1998/07/23 - Ride on time
1998/09/09 - Grace of my heart
1999/03/03 - Love impact
1999/05/26 - Ano Natsu Eto
1999/08/25 - Ginga no Chikai
1999/11/25 - Isshoni...
2000/02/16 - Never gonna stop it
2000/05/24 - MAGIC
2000/09/06 - Barairo no Hibi
2001/02/15 - always love
2001/05/16 - Perfect Love
2001/09/27 - moonlight
2001/12/05 - Feel so right
2002/02/20 - Spring rain
2002/11/20 - eternal white
2003/03/12 - Festa
2003/08/06 - LOVE SCREW
2004/06/30 - Be With You
2005/07/06 - NIRAI KANAI
2005/11/30 - Anata wo Omou Hodo
2006/08/02 - SPLASH GOLD -Natsu no Kiseki- / Prism of Eyes
2009/07/22 - Rough Cut Diamond
2010/05/12 - CAT'S EYE
2013/08/07 - Tacata'
2014/09/10 - Jounetsu no ZUMBA
2015/01/15 - Heartbreaker (Digital single)
2015/07/22 - #SELFIE ~ONNA Now~

ALBUMS
1996/12/11 - MAXIMUM
1997/12/25 - MAXIMUM II
1998/12/02 - MAXIMUM GROOVE
1999/09/29 - MAXIMUM COLLECTION
2000/06/28 - SUPER EUROBEAT presents HYPER EUROMAX
2001/03/14 - EMOTIONAL HISTORY
2002/03/20 - PRECIOUS COLLECTION
2002/08/21 - MAXIMUM TRANCE
2006/02/22 - Jewel of Jewels
2008/12/10 - NEW EDITION ~MAXIMUM HITS~
2010/09/08 - BE MAX
2015/12/23 - MAXIMUM PERFECT BEST

MAX Official Site
Vision Factory Official Site
MAX Official Blog
Lips - Lina Official Blog
Emefuiiyu - Reina Official Blog
Nana's Official Twitter
Mina's Official Instagram

Last Edited By: NATE Feb 15 17 4:07 AM. Edited 40 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Apr 15 11 11:09 PM

so ... how much longer do you think it will take until we finally get something new? I haven't checked any of their blogs in a long while, are they recording at all? really miss MAX lately.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#2 post_url

Apr 15 11 11:52 PM

I get the feeling their plans were sidetracked with the recent happenings in Japan. I keep hoping for a new release to pop up soon, but I don't know. It's almost been a year since "BE MAX" so hopefully soon.

I recently saw a message from ISSA about him recording and if DA PUMP/him can get started on something new, then VF needs to let MAX release something new because DP/ISSA are not doing better then they are.

Quote    Reply   

#3 post_url

Apr 16 11 11:17 AM

NATE wrote:
I recently saw a message from ISSA about him recording and if DA PUMP/him can get started on something new, then VF needs to let MAX release something new because DP/ISSA are not doing better then they are.
yes please VF. although when I saw that nana t. was finally working on her album, my first thought was that they would push MAX back even more if they are finally going to release her debut album.

really hate waiting.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#5 post_url

Apr 20 11 2:38 PM

Hopefully, it leads to something in the next 2-3 months. I think I'll die if they take as long as they did with Aki to release an original album.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

May 3 11 11:23 PM

Wait a minute, the mix CD already came out? Did anybody even buy it?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

May 4 11 9:55 AM

^ nope smiley: laugh I haven't seen a single one of them released anywhere yet though, I was looking at the nanase one too, but I didn't want to spend any more money on another mix CD.

yes, please make an album announcement. 043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

May 21 11 12:44 AM

Reina's pregnant

Holy crap! Reina's pregnant and married!

http://ameblo.jp/emerei

Google translation:

There is a private matter in, let me report that the married men on May 16 and was associated in the past. Sorry for getting a surprise announcement.

The report will also be superimposed on that blessed little life in my belly now.

Now I thought it my duty to give birth safely nurtured gifted precious life, while the MAX will allow me to rest it as an activity or activities will go on maternity leave period, and For example when you return, let me report to everyone, while also consulting agency.

While I rested, Nana, I'll Ri tea, and Minako inconvenienced but would, until that day comes back in fine form in front of all the fans, warmth and attention they please.

Iki I do not change what you can do now, I believe that we have to express to everyone Ikere.

MAX still continued to support the degree, thank you.

May 21, 2011
MAX REINA

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#18 post_url

May 21 11 12:58 AM

TBH, I'm fucking pissed. It's like they NEVER learn. I would probably feel differently if she had gotten married first and then got pregnant, at least you'd know the pregnancy was a possibility and it wouldn't come out of nowhere. I'm honestly shocked Reina would do exactly what Mina did, especially when it hurt her and the group so much. I don't know what to think about their statements. Reina says the group will continue on as is. They also said that about Mina. I thought with Mina back there would be a sliver of a chance for a comeback. They may have screwed themselves over for the last time, although maybe I was wrong and they never wanted to fight for some relevancy.

I guess it'll be interesting to see what happens. I know one thing for sure, VF knew Reina, Lina and Nana couldn't carry MAX but I believe they will let Mina carry the group should they let them continue.

Press release from VF: http://visionfactory.jp/n...ives/1105211200_max.html

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

May 21 11 2:10 AM

While I'm happy for Reina for her marriage and baby, it really hinders their comeback. As for the whole, pregnancy before marriage --- the fact that it happens so much in Japan has made it 'sort' of acceptable and so they don't plan accordingly, which is a shame given that it happen once before but maybe they are stronger now and are working on something but wow...

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#20 post_url

May 21 11 2:41 AM

My main concern is the group. They can do whatever they want in their personal lives however they want to do it, but I don't feel obligated as a fan to support them when they do things recklessly and without concern for MAX. I thought Reina would be wiser than that because she lived the consequences. Now she looks foolish as hell going on national TV to complain about how Mina fucked up their careers. I was genuinely happy for Mina and felt bittersweet about the fate of MAX when she got pregnant. I can't have those feelings for Reina, because we know the truth of what happened to the group after her "temporary" maternity leave. I don't wish anything bad on Reina, I just wish it was done differently. My thing isn't even that someone in this group is pregnant, it would not be a big deal to me if I knew we could trust what they and their management company are saying. VF are flat-out liars and have done wrong to MAX a 1000 times.

Thinking about it though, Reina was always posting pictures of her nieces and nephews. She seemed ready for it and I know she wanted too, I again only wish the circumstances were different.

I just hope we do get to see MAX as a threesome this time and someone else from one of VF failing girl groups doesn't get jammed with them. Last I heard, Sayaka from EARTH was still trying to make it in the music business. Anyway, they were recording a new single and it looked like they getting down to picking an a-side the last time one of them talked about it. I honestly need this single to be released, just so I know my faith in this group isn't a lost cause. If they really do continue on as a group and do the things they're saying they're going to do, then whatever, it's all good. But if not... :mad:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help