Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Apr 30 11 7:49 AM

skylight wrote:
It seems CDJapan is changing their Rewards program.

I actually like their new reward system. I like CDJapan because even though people think their shipping charge is really expensive, but after I deduct the points, they're actually pretty cheap. I mean, we got points for normal order, then if we order more than 5000 yen, we got another 500 points (I used to get 1500 points per order during their PayPal promotion), then we also got the (quarterly) reward points if we make certain amount of orders (I easily get 500 or 700 or even 1000 reward points sometimes), furthermore, I also use my affiliate links every time I order somethings, so I will get more points from that. They also give us another 50 points for every feedback we make. They may be rarely do the sales, but they actually have a good money saving program which people don't really realize. 

And I normally use Registered Mail/EMS/FedEx, depending which one is cheaper during the order. I'm now back living in Malaysia, so I never order more than USD150 to avoid tax. It has been one year now since I moved from UK. When I was in UK, I never bother on how much I ordered from them, I never got my items taxed during my 4 years of stay, but I always made sure to tick the gift option for my orders.

But what I like the most about them are their packaging and customer support. They took notes on my suggestion like using the points for shipping charge and offering deputy service. I also can just contact them directly through twitter if I'm lazy to email them. I like how they state clearly how many 1st press or limited edition left, and they rolled the poster neatly. 

What I owe them the most, is definitely their customer support when Avex had to call back all the Acid Black Cherry's Re:birth DVD in the market due to some defects. All fans who pre-ordered the DVD from other online stores sadly ended up dealing the matter directly with Avex. ONLY CDJapan took the initiative to do the exchange for the buyers, we were not even asked to send the defected ones to CDJapan while those who need to deal directly with Avex, they must sent back the defected DVD. It was amazing on their side, so that we didn't even need to go through all the hassles like other fans who bought from other stores.

Last Edited By: FrozenSoul Apr 30 11 7:53 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 post_url

Apr 30 11 12:39 PM

Oricon wrote:
YesAsia still comes out as cheaper when shipping to the UK lol

Normally, I will try my best to avoid YesAsia as I'm not too fond of their customer support. But still, at least theirs is not as bad as DVDHeaven.

I think J-ent fans should feel blessed to have many choices, at least we got some good online stores, and not to mention, it's not that hard get our own fan club copies nowadays or even if we want to buy the mu-mo editions. Communicating with DVDHeaven... using Korean is easier than using English, their English is just, the standard is really low if we compared to CDJapan, HMV or Amazon.

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#24 post_url

Apr 30 11 2:15 PM

YesAsia support is really good if you email or even better if you phone. It takes a day max by email and by phone it's like instant lol

Also does anyone know how to cancel an order in CDJapan? It said to email them on [email protected] but I havn't even heard from them for 3 days already and I thought their Customer Support was fast as well...

Last Edited By: Oricon May 1 11 8:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#25 post_url

May 1 11 12:46 PM

YESASIA is good if you wanna buy some tour goodies from AVEX artists, and if you have trouble ordering from that mu-mo site. I heard from customers that they have received cracked CDs from YESASIA, even though they can ship back to them for an exchange.

CDJapan's service has been good so far, their posters are often rolled up instead of being folded. That's another incentive if you are a poster collector. The risk of having damaged products is rather low due to their good packing services.

HMV Japan is not bad as well, but the shipping is rather expensive, they have some rare scorebooks there.

Quote    Reply   

nanakopy87

JPC Admin

#26 post_url

May 1 11 1:02 PM

Japan is having holiday on friday(30 April) and will be back on 02 may.this explain why they didn't reply your mail,Oricon

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

May 1 11 6:43 PM

Oricon wrote:
YesAsia support is really good if you email or even better if you phone. It takes a day max by email and by phone it's like instant lol

Also does anyone know how to cancel an order in CDJapan? It said to email them on [email protected] but I havn't even heard from them for 3 days already and I thought their Customer Support was fast as well...

I did email and call them before for various issues before, but the way they handled certain issues were not as good as Amazon or CDJapan. My frequency of buying things is really high every month, so it can't be helped that I will face certain difficult issues which require top notch professionalism, YesAsia haven't reached that kind of level yet imho.

It's golden week, all Japan based stores are closed till May, 5th. They will open on the May, 6th.

April 29 Showa Day
May 3 Constitution Day
May 4 Greenery Day
May 5 Children's Day

IDentity wrote:
YESASIA is good if you wanna buy some tour goodies from AVEX artists, and if you have trouble ordering from that mu-mo site. I heard from customers that they have received cracked CDs from YESASIA, even though they can ship back to them for an exchange.

CDJapan's service has been good so far, their posters are often rolled up instead of being folded. That's another incentive if you are a poster collector. The risk of having damaged products is rather low due to their good packing services.

HMV Japan is not bad as well, but the shipping is rather expensive, they have some rare scorebooks there.

I am a band-score collector myself. True, for rare or old band-score, normally I can count on Amazon or HMV.

Quote    Reply   

Pacey Bishop

~川野里奈4EVER~Site Owner

image image

#29 post_url

May 1 11 8:59 PM

So I added the links at the bottom of the forum. Like I mentioned in the announcement, I'm not expecting nothing major from affiliate link sales or whatever, but anything that comes from it goes back to the forum users in terms of enhancements, prizes, etc.. Best way, in my opinion, to help this site/this forum is to purchase via our affiliate links.

Though it would only be a little compared to the scope of what I'm looking for and where I'm getting the bulk of our budget, helping via our affiliates is still helpful no matter what.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

May 1 11 9:12 PM

IDentity wrote:
Really? I use HMV more than CDJapan now because shipping rates are cheaper from them. Also they give discounts for CD+DVD versions (multi buy promo).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

May 2 11 5:19 AM

skylight wrote:
IDentity wrote:
Really? I use HMV more than CDJapan now because shipping rates are cheaper from them. Also they give discounts for CD+DVD versions (multi buy promo).

I think, either it is cheap or expensive, it's depending on where you live and what type of shipping method you choose. But we have to remember, the shipping cost for HMV is an estimation, the real amount they'll charge once they ship the items can be less or more, depending of the weight and packaging. There were many occurrences before when I checked back my order history, my orders were charged more (and sometimes a lot more) than its original estimation.

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

May 2 11 9:41 AM

^Here's their page about it.

In short, no more coupons -- if your order is worth 5,000 or more yen, you'll simply get 500 frequent shopper points put into your account. Also, now you can apply any amount of points to your orders, whereas before you could only use them in multiples of 100 points. Lastly, now you can use points to help pay for the shipping fee, instead of only on the products in the order.

Quote    Reply   

#35 post_url

May 2 11 1:41 PM

^ That's a big YAY for CDJapan.

Any recommendations for middleman sites? Right now, I am using CELGA, not so bad except for the billing parts, their system is rather confusing when it comes to calculating how much outstanding balance you need to pay in fear of being overcharged.

Quote    Reply   

Pacey Bishop

~川野里奈4EVER~Site Owner

image image

#36 post_url

May 2 11 2:59 PM

IDentity wrote:
^ That's a big YAY for CDJapan.

Any recommendations for middleman sites? Right now, I am using CELGA, not so bad except for the billing parts, their system is rather confusing when it comes to calculating how much outstanding balance you need to pay in fear of being overcharged.
Shopping Mall Japan has been fair to me; I haven't used their site in a long time (it looks like they've redesigned it since I last used it), but turn around times and packaging have always been decent. I only ordered posters and a few CDs via SMJ, but I never had any complaints overall.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#37 post_url

May 2 11 3:33 PM

I stopped using Shopping Mall Japan or any middleman, because once I started I went a little insane. But I liked their service. I'd recommend them too.

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#38 post_url

May 2 11 3:54 PM

sada wrote:
I heard YesAsia doesn't take very good care of packages. At least that's why I don't use them. 

I ordered from them for around 7-8 months now continuously and have 0 cracked CDs and packages though.

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

May 2 11 8:27 PM

sada wrote:
I heard YesAsia doesn't take very good care of packages. At least that's why I don't use them. 
I've received multiple damaged items from them (mainly paper goods: magazines, calendars, posters, etc.), and even the few times I've bought CDs or DVDs from them the packaging was damaged but thankfully nothing was wrong with the items themselves. That was years ago, though. The last time I bought from them was in October (a CD) and I was surprised at the speedy delivery and that the package wasn't damaged. I'm still not sure how they handle their paper goods, but it looks like they've gotten better with everything else. CDJapan will always be my first choice though. I've used them regularly for about 8/9 years and have never had a problem.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

May 3 11 4:03 AM

dokurock17 wrote:
sada wrote:
I've received multiple damaged items from them (mainly paper goods: magazines, calendars, posters, etc.), and even the few times I've bought CDs or DVDs from them the packaging was damaged but thankfully nothing was wrong with the items themselves. That was years ago, though. The last time I bought from them was in October (a CD) and I was surprised at the speedy delivery and that the package wasn't damaged. I'm still not sure how they handle their paper goods, but it looks like they've gotten better with everything else. CDJapan will always be my first choice though. I've used them regularly for about 8/9 years and have never had a problem.

They are pretty lacking in the paper goods department. The best packaging in that term will always go to CDJapan, they roll the posters very neatly (HMV folds the posters) and the magazines also are handled with care. Furthermore, CDJapan is a Japan based store. If there is some promotion happening in Japan, we can email them asking if they will be part of the promotion. Just like how I did few days ago after I read that Avex would be doing poster promotion together with the Japanese dealers for Acid Black Cherry's upcoming single, I emailed CDJapan asking if they will take part as well or not. They responded to me yesterday saying that they have negotiated with the label and now they are part of the promotion as well. They work really fast regarding this matter, even they are still in golden week holiday. I've been doing this online shopping for more than 10 years as well, as far as I can see, CDJapan has the best connection with the local labels. I choose them because I know if something happen like the defected DVDs or some promotion is happening, I can count on them to deal with it directly with the labels.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help