Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Apr 27 11 4:12 PM

Name: Charles
Location: New york city(from Manhattan currently in the Bronx)
Age (if you want to say it): 18,will be 19 in June
Hobbies: Anime&Manga,music,Video Games,Reading
Year you got into Japanese music: Heard an Utada song(Sakura Drops) back in 2002 or 2003. Got properly introduced to it in 2007
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Honestly the anime Blood+ sparked my interests since I liked the soundtrack of the show. While I still have love for western music,I feel Japanese music is more free and creative.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Miliyah Kato,Koda Kumi,Beni,Boa,Sawa,plus more.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

Apr 27 11 4:21 PM

Name: Matthew
Age (if you want to say it): 27
Hobbies: Tennis, Arsenal, Drinking, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Year you got into Japanese music: 2006
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Randomly checked out Japanese iTunes when I first got an iPod. Ayu's BLUE BIRD was number 1. Sorta went from there.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Ayu, Kuu, Hikki, COMA-CHI, CHIHIRO, m-flo etc...

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

May 7 11 9:07 PM

Name: Kelly (previously RinaReeChan on JPM)
Age (if you want to say it): 18 (19 next week )
Hobbies: Volunteering, organising events, drinking far too much
Year you got into Japanese music: 2004
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Final Fantasy X-2
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Kuroki Meisa, Amuro Namie, YUI, JASMINE

Quote    Reply   

#44 post_url

May 7 11 9:44 PM

Name:
Age (if you want to say it): 19
Hobbies: Listening to music, tennis, going out, visiting the liberal circus (New York City), video games (esp. Grand Theft Auto, any racing game, Kingdom Hearts)
Year you got into Japanese music: 2008
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I acually listened to Utada's "Simple and Clean" through Kingdom Hearts back when it was released (2003?) but didn't get into J-POP until I moved to Dutchess County from Yonkers. Dutchess County is a very boring location and there is never anything to do, so I started looking up info about Utada and found more artist like MINMI and Perfume through YouTube.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Utada Hikaru, Nana Mizuki, Minami Kuribayashi, sphere (Ayahi Takagaki, Aki Toyosaki, Minako Kotobuki, Haruka Tomatsu), FTIsland, Megumi Nakajima, May'n, ELISA, Kaori Mochida, Perfume, MINMI, Shoko Nakagawa, Kou Shibasaki, Maaya Sakamoto, Minori Chihara, aiko, Idoling!!!, AKB48, Watarirouka Hashiritai, No Sleeves, Erina Mano, C-ute, Morning Musume, Berryz Koubou, Yui Horie, Mai Kuraki, moumoon more probably

I've lost almost all interest in American and Mexican (i'm Mexican btw) music. Most (not all) artist I HATE tend to be Pop Divas (Asian and American), KPOP groups, Rappers that think they're hot shit and people that sound like Greeeen, Nickelback, Adam Lambert or Daughtry.

I'm a very bitter, morbid and conservative human beingsmiley: mad.....smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#45 post_url

May 7 11 9:50 PM

babalina wrote:
^ I barely meet others from ct when I go online haha. Where do you live now?

Yeah, not many people from CT, lol. 

I live in Yokohama, Japan now.

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

May 23 11 5:23 AM

Name: S
Age (if you want to say it): ~23
Hobbies: horrormovies
Year you got into Japanese music: spring '05
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Bleach anime was the main reason (Home made kazoku is still one of my favourite bands)
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Koda Kumi as the biggest, others: lecca, Daichi Miura, Jasmine, MUCC, ONE OK ROCK, Miliyah Kato, etc.

Quote    Reply   

UtsukemonoSama

JPC Admin

寝る程楽は無かりけり

#47 post_url

May 23 11 11:07 PM

Name: Tao Wang Ping. Chinese- Calmy King of Peace. or Vang Thao (which is what outerwebs people call me, my family calls me a little different)
I believe I am the only Miao person here. (Look up Hmong)
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota (actually Little Canada, just north a bit)
Hobbies: Learning other languages (I know about 6 in all), watching movies, many other things
Year you got into Japanese music: it was a while back, like in mid 90s, but it wasn't until 1998 that I totally got into it. Ayu's music
Favorite Japanese musical artists: Ayumi Hamasaki, Akiko Shikata, Angela Aki, B'z, Berryz Koubou (because they're cute :3), Carmen Maki, DAI, Emiri Miyamoto, EXILE, exist trace, Hako Yamasaki, Halozy, Hatsune Miku, ikimono-gakari, Jero, Joe Hisaishi, Ketsumeishi, Megumi Hayashibara, Meiko Kaji, MoMusu, Rin', RIP SLYME, Teresa Teng, Tomiko Van, X JAPAN, YUI, ZARD

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

May 28 11 2:04 AM

Name: ねおん
Age (if you want to say it): 20 this year
Hobbies: Collating lists and drawing abstract similarities, organizing, being unorganized, obsessing over organization, placing things into even sets, playing Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, and Rune Factory
Year you got into Japanese music: 2004, when I heard Sowelu's "Rainbow" on PopJapanTV, lol.
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I find Asian music to be more whimsical than western music? Idk why I like it, tbh. :Ua
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): MEG, SAWA, AZU, BENI, YU-A, YUKI, Sowelu, Aira Mitsuki, androp, school food punishment.... I have too many to name plz don't make me name them all. ;A; I usually go for the urban and electronic artists, like DOMINO and Perfume. 8Dd keke~

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

May 28 11 8:35 AM

Name: Nat
Age (if you want to say it): 25
Hobbies: Surfing the Internet , Watching J-drama
Year you got into Japanese music: Since 1999
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Started from JE fangirl .
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Arashi , Miura Daichi , M-flo , Deftech , Mihimaru GT Loads more.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

May 29 11 12:42 AM

Name: Sean
Hobbies:
Listening to music, surfing the net, BodyCombat, and BodyPump.
Year you got into Japanese music:
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Final Fantasy X-2 got me into Japanese music. I heard real Emotion by Kumi Koda while watching some Japanese trailers of the game. I really like what I heard (in fact, I still like the song!) so I decided to find out more about Kumi Koda and, well, here I am.
Favourite Japanese musical artist(s): Namie Amuro and Kumi Koda (I do like some others but these are the only two singers I follow religiously).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 post_url

May 29 11 8:41 PM

Name: Nyshal
Age (if you want to say it): 27
Hobbies: playing sports, video games, reading, drawing
Year you got into Japanese music: 2002
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Was surfing the web for some music from inu yasha and downloaded some random ayumi songs and it exploded from there.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Amuro Namie, Arashi, Kat-tun, Twenty4-7, Miura Daichi

Quote    Reply   

#52 post_url

May 30 11 8:57 AM

Name: Donovon
Hobbies: Drawing, sleeping, working out, listening to and writing music
Year you got into Japanese music: 2007
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I was a little late playing Kingdom Hearts. 'Nuff said.
Favourite Japanese musical artist(s): MEG, capsule, MAA, LIL, Chara, YUKI (I used to be obsessed with the major divas when I first started listening to J-Pop; I still like them and all, but it's slowed down).

I finally made an account here! For those who don't know who I am, I was maburikku on JPM.

Quote    Reply   

#53 post_url

May 31 11 3:02 PM

Hello, mabibitan from JPM! Wasn't so fast at making my account over here.

Hobbies: blogs, idols, makeup
Year you got into Japanese music: 2004
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Sailor Moon aired from TV and I thought that Ayumi Hamasaki was beautiful after seeing a layout of her on somebody's homepage.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Shiina Ringo, AKB48, capsule, pizzicatto five, hitomi toi, koda kumi... mmh... i love shibuya-kei and plenty of idols.

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

May 31 11 3:58 PM

Name: Ryan
Age (if you want to say it): 25... oooooold
Hobbies: going online and watching TV so pretty much doing nothing smiley: tongue
Year you got into Japanese music: I'm not exactly sure, it started around 2002 because that's when I got in to anime but I stuck to just listening to anime related songs for a few years and didn't really get in to actually following jpop until 2006
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Well first I started with the anime songs, then I downloaded some oricon chart song packs and I liked some of those but what really, really got me in to jpop was Kanjani8 which I started following in 2006.  It's funny because before I got in to them I was in to some idols that weren't Johnnys and I really hated Johnnys but then I suddenly fell in love with K8  I like it because it's fun to listen to.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Kanjani8, KinKi Kids, Sakanaction, Avengers in Sci Fi and sleepy.ab

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

May 31 11 10:24 PM

Name: Sean
Age (if you want to say it): 25
Hobbies: I don't have many, anymore. I do like to work on my RX-7... when I'm not dependent upon it.
Year you got into Japanese music: 1874... err, maybe it was 2001?
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I thought it sounded different from what was playing on American pop radio stations at the time. To be honest, it wasn't that much different, but I do tend to like things those around me don't know about.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): NUMBER GIRL, FAKE?, GO!GO!7188

So, I was a rather early member of the old place, but faded out a while back. I also used to regularly haunt Soulseek's Japanese Music channel. I come 'round from time to time to say hi.

Last Edited By: HideyoshiJP May 31 11 10:58 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#57 post_url

Jun 1 11 9:37 AM

Name: Johannes
Age (if you want to say it):  19, 20 in August
Hobbies: Film studies, cycling, languages
Year you got into Japanese music:  It's impossible to one particular moment. I had been somewhat exposed to Japanese music at least 5 years ago, but the first time I had real interest in Japan itself was in December 2008. From that point on, I have gradually discovered more and more Japanese musicians and my very active interest in music started this year as I finally turned into a hardcore Perfume fan.
How/why (the interest in Japanese music):  Through Japanese cinema I became interested in Japanese culture and since music is one of the institutions of culture, I found myself listening to it.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Number Girl, Perfume, Yura Yura Teikoku and Shonen Knife.

Quote    Reply   

#59 post_url

May 19 13 8:50 PM

Okaaaay- I'm reactivating this thread

Name: Alex
Age (if you want to say it): 20
Hobbies: Acting, sleeping, traveling, drinking coffee
Year you got into Japanese music: 2005
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): the language sounds quite cool
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Miliyah Kato, Koda Kumi, AI, Meisa Kuroki

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

May 24 13 1:12 AM

Name: Risa
Age (if you want to say it): 20
Hobbies: lsitening the music, watching the movie
Year you got into Japanese music: Im jaoanese. lol
How/why (the interest in Japanese music):
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): flumpool, Mr.children, abemao, SEKAINOOWARI, anything! I like J-ROCK.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help