Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Apr 26 11 10:42 AM

Name: Jane
Hobbies: watching Japanese dramas (really... from anywhere), funny variety shows, seeing good movies, eating good food, reading good books and traveling.
Year you got into Japanese music: 2007
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Johnny's *yawn* started with an obsession with Nishikido Ryo from 1 Liter of Tears (I WAS youngER what do you expect?) so I started from Kanjani8 & News and then eventually KAT-TUN and then eventually the rest of world of Japanese music.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Fukuhara Miho, ayaka, Kanjani8, SoulJa, (and also Kato Miliyah, Hirai Ken, KREVA, Nakashima Mika, Kobukuro, MISIA, JASMINE).

Callandra wrote:
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Kanjani8
High five eighter!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

Apr 26 11 10:49 AM

Name: Sarah~
Location: Nagoya, Japan~~!!!!! Misokatsu <3 But usually live in Ohio ^^
Age (if you want to say it): OLD!!! 21 T^T
Hobbies:Facebook(...wait no I have an addiction to Facebook), shopping(sooo much fun!! SHOES, CLOTHES, FOOD), dancing like a crazy person~!!, making my friend laugh Sleeping<3 sun spots are amazing :DD
Year you got into Japanese music: 2002/2003...omg that is forever ago!!!! o_o
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Sailor Moon is what led me to Japanese music! ^^ Also my sister<3 Found Morning Musume's Ai Araba It's All Right! And BoA's Valenti <3 And went "OMG so much awesomeness?! Why do we not have awesome music?!"
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): H!P in general, Only some AKB48 songs(Japan keeps trying to make me like them!!! ><), Arashi!, Otsuka Ai, Koda Kumi, Namie Amuro, Chieco Kawabe.

Quote    Reply   

#23 post_url

Apr 26 11 11:13 AM

Name: Brian
Hobbies: Running, writing, drawing, reading Alaniz and Marciuliano's Sally Forth, pretending to play tennis
Year you got into Japanese music: 2002
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Got pulled in by "My Will" and "Fukai Mori" and hooked by "No more words".  
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): the brilliant green, CHARA, Galileo Galilei, Ikimono-gakari, NICHIKA 

Quote    Reply   

#24 post_url

Apr 26 11 11:42 AM

uncle Jemima wrote:
sometimes in the morning, but not always.

Name: Patrick
Age (if you want to say it): 19
Hobbies: sitting on my couch and drinking coffee, galavanting, Mizca stanning
Year you got into Japanese music: 2005
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): OWL magazine
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): whoever
uhh aren't you trekkie? Some of dis info wrong if you is.

Quote    Reply   

#25 post_url

Apr 26 11 12:10 PM

22Tsuji22 wrote:
Name: Sarah~
Location: Nagoya, Japan~~!!!!! Misokatsu <3 But usually live in Ohio ^^
Age (if you want to say it): OLD!!! 21 T^T
Hobbies:Facebook(...wait no I have an addiction to Facebook), shopping(sooo much fun!! SHOES, CLOTHES, FOOD), dancing like a crazy person~!!, making my friend laugh Sleeping<3 sun spots are amazing :DD
Year you got into Japanese music: 2002/2003...omg that is forever ago!!!! o_o
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Sailor Moon is what led me to Japanese music! ^^ Also my sister<3 Found Morning Musume's Ai Araba It's All Right! And BoA's Valenti <3 And went "OMG so much awesomeness?! Why do we not have awesome music?!"
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): H!P in general, Only some AKB48 songs(Japan keeps trying to make me like them!!! ><), Arashi!, Otsuka Ai, Koda Kumi, Namie Amuro, Chieco Kawabe.

OMG just got back from Nagoya!!!! What's your favorite hang out places there? I think I spent too much time at the main train station so much of my time there was me being broke as a joke.

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Apr 26 11 12:12 PM

Name: C...;
Hobbies: Listening to music; 
Year you got into Japanese music: Anime music - late 90s; actual japanese singers - 2005 or 2006;
Why (the interest in Japanese music): Great songs + the highly developed industry (as opposed to my own country, where the music is great but the industry is subpar);
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): None I don't have a love/hate relationship with: Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#27 post_url

Apr 26 11 3:49 PM

nemesisyume wrote:
Name: Neme
Hobbies: cruising in charas wagon and shopping
Year you got into Japanese music: dunno didn't start listening more until 2006
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): someone told me that ayumi hamasaki sucks and doesn't even write her own lyrics
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Kanayan, Chara, Mizca, Tomochin, AKB48, Ayu, Hilcrhyme, COMA-CHI... I listen to everything and my favs seem to change every year.

flawless profile xoxo I forgot to add cruising in charas wagon to my hobbies. also, I owe you a visit in Atlantis but I'm still waiting for the snorkling gear you were going to send me in the mail.

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

Apr 26 11 5:57 PM

Name: Benny
Age (if you want to say it): 18 
Hobbies: Eating (i'm not fat i swearzzz), Games, Music ummmm...
Year you got into Japanese music: Last year ~ ;;
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Kpop got boring
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Top 3 would be ~ Namie Amuro, Yuya Matsushita, AKB48, 

Quote    Reply   

mikahcho

#29 post_url

Apr 26 11 6:02 PM

Name: ...
Age (if you want to say it): 19
Hobbies: Gaming, listening to music (is that really a hobby?), martial arts, writing, reading, eating, just to name a few
Year you got into Japanese music: Properly, 2006
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Originally through anime, but got hooked on Utada and Rie Fu and left that scene
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s):  Any original and funky fresh artists, I'll listen to. rn, all time fave, Rie Fu

Quote    Reply   

toLOVE29

Return Road Episode II

#30 post_url

Apr 26 11 7:55 PM

Name: Jai
Age (if you want to say it): 16
Hobbies: Shopping, Singing, Dancing, Eating, Sleeping
Year you got into Japanese music: 2006 or 2007 (When I Was In 6th Grade)
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Opening & Ending From Anime. Now Listen To Less Anime Songs.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Mai Kuraki [These 4 Artist Got Me Into J-POP]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

Apr 26 11 8:24 PM

Name : Jane Doe
Hobbies : music, movies, TV, reading, video games, drawing, etc.
Year I got into Japanese music : 1999
How/why : Heard Depend on you by Ayumi while playing Thousand Arms and ended up asking my Uncle to buy me her first album while he was working in Japan, which led me to become interested in Japanese pop culture.
Favorite Japanese artists : Ayumi Hamasaki, Ryujin Kiyoshi, Yuzu, KOKIA, Mika Nakashima, Spitz, SunSet Swish, Tsukiko Amano, Hitomi Shimatani, Chihiro Onitsuka, Chicago Poodle, Ai Kawashima, Sakura Merry-Men, Takui Nakajima, Haruka Shimotsuki, Naotaro Moriyama, Fuyumi Sakamoto, Kalafina, Motohiro Hata, Angela Aki

Quote    Reply   

#32 post_url

Apr 26 11 8:45 PM

Age (if you want to say it): 23
Hobbies: Gaming, music, drawing, reading
Year you got into Japanese music: 1995
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Ranma 1/2  
Favorite Japanese musical artists: Berryz Koubou, S/mileage, Buono!, Momoiro Clover, Mano Erina, BREAKERZ, PUFFY, YMCK, aiko, ZONE, YuiKaori, Whiteberry, Tokyo Joshiryu, Shibata Jun.

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

Apr 26 11 9:13 PM

Name: Gabriella
Age (if you want to say it): 23
Hobbies: long list 
Year you got into Japanese music: 1999
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I was interested in Japan and its culture after watching a documentary when I was like 8. But I didn't get into J-pop music until a Japanese exchange student stayed with my cousin and she had a bunch of Namie Amuro and SPEED CD's. 
Favorite Japanese musical artists: SID, Greeeen, Glay, Namie Amuro, Kyosuke Himuro, Yui among others. 

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

Apr 26 11 11:41 PM

Name: sada
Age (if you want to say it): 15
Hobbies: reading I guess mostly just lurking forums
Year you got into Japanese music: 2008
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I think it's fun to listen to and get a different perspective of the way things are in Japan compared to here.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): mostly idol groups, AKB48+, H!P, Vocaloid, Nishino Kana, Ikimono Gakari, AAA, SCANDAL, Stereopony

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#35 post_url

Apr 27 11 4:02 AM

babalina wrote:
Name: Gabriella

Age (if you want to say it): 23
Hobbies: long list 
Year you got into Japanese music: 1999
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I was interested in Japan and its culture after watching a documentary when I was like 8. But I didn't get into J-pop music until a Japanese exchange student stayed with my cousin and she had a bunch of Namie Amuro and SPEED CD's. 
Favorite Japanese musical artists: SID, Greeeen, Glay, Namie Amuro, Kyosuke Himuro, Yui among others. 

Wow, you're from Connecticut?! I never meet people from there! Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_rCfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r I was born and raised in Fairfield county; I lived there until I started high school. 

*high fives lilone back*

Quote    Reply   

thisisdavidg

#37 post_url

Apr 27 11 10:04 AM

Name: David
Age (if you want to say it): 19
Hobbies: Being nasty and classy
Year you got into Japanese music: 2005
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): My brother found a cool remix, I liked it too. Ayumi Hamasaki - Evolution (Goldscan Remix), I then started finding more of her music then did reseach on her and j-pop.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): as of now, mainly just BENI. Everybody else has gone quite for too long. Music tastes usually fall in the R&B category. Was a stan of Ayumi, Kumi and sifow back in the day.

Quote    Reply   

Fructose

#38 post_url

Apr 27 11 10:10 AM

Name: Emmi
Age (if you want to say it): 24
Hobbies: jigsaw puzzle
Year you got into Japanese music: 2003
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): b/c I don't understand the lyrics
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Arashi, AAA, Ayu

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

Apr 27 11 1:09 PM

Name: YBR.

Age (if you want to say it): Old enough to have used an Apple IIe.

Hobbies: Programming, and relaxing.

Year you got into Japanese music: Around 2002.

How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I don't remember.

Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): BoA although she's not Japanese and Utada.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

Apr 27 11 3:26 PM

The Yellow Brick Road wrote:
Age (if you want to say it): Old enough to have used an Apple IIe.
THIS.

Name: Jennifer

Age (if you want to say it): See above. I don't really want to post my age now, since it would be the highest number. E9016b63bb498b99cde139a855d3294f5539176d_r

Hobbies: fighting crime, back-alley abortions

Year you got into Japanese music: Late 90s

How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I went to Japan for a couple weeks in high school (sadly, before I was really a J-pop fan), and some friends got me into some anime and J-pop (Hikaru Utada - Automatic, Ayumi Hamasaki - immature, Maaya Sakamoto/Escaflowne soundtrack). Hard for me to explain what draws me to it, but it just does. lol

Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Ringo Shiina/Tokyo Jihen, the brilliant green/Tommy heavenly6, capsule, YUI... and this list could go on for quite a while. 1aa266c65bbc74da8c3931c8312021a5857fb6f6_r

Yoroshiku!

Last Edited By: jcam Apr 27 11 3:28 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help