Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 26 11 12:11 AM

Tags : :

Welcome to JPOPCentral, new members!
This thread is for introducing yourselves to the forum. You can use the template below, or write anything (an essay, novella, etc.) you want to tell JPC members. But before doing so, please read the Welcome to Jpop Central/Yuku thread (link) and other announcements (link).

Name:
Year you got into Japanese music:
How/why (the interest in Japanese music):
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s):

Note:
Post at your own risk. And please practice internet safety.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Apr 26 11 12:16 AM

Name: Peter
Location: Some dinky suburban town on the fringes of Greater Boston.
Sex: Male.
Hobbies: nerding over skyscrapers and public transportation (love skyscrapercity), photography, walks.
Year I got into Japanese music: 2008 sounds about right.
Why: I forget, as for how, it's a long story.
Favourite Japanese artists: Chara, Akino Arai, Bonnie Pink, Cocco, Shikao Suga, Spitz, Yuko Ando

Last Edited By: manrush Apr 26 11 10:31 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 post_url

Apr 26 11 12:22 AM

Name: Michael
Location: About an hour outside of Sydney, Australia. Won't say which direction though.
Hobbies: Reading, pretending I can write, games, pretending anyone cares about my opinion on music... Other stuff.
Year you got into Japanese music: 2006-ish
How/why: A friend showed me Sanctuary around when Kingdom Hearts 2 was released, which lead to me discovering Utada, got me curious. Then I discovered Otsuka Ai and BONNIE PINK and here I am now.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): [email protected], Superfly, Angela Aki, MiChi, BONNIE PINK, immi... I could go on, there's a lot.

Last Edited By: Apr 26 11 12:25 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mariners07

#3 post_url

Apr 26 11 12:24 AM

Name: Jennifer
Hobbies: movies, movies, movies, fashion magazines, batman <3
Year you got into Japanese music: either 2001 or 2002 can't remember
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Went though a Chinese music phase, Thai phase..might as well have a Japanese phase lol jk..my sister borrowed a tape from her friend that had a bunch of music shows like Music Station and I got hooked.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Dir en grey, Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, Utada, Kuroyume..handful of jrock groups, Ketsumeishi, Rip Slyme

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#6 post_url

Apr 26 11 1:13 AM

sometimes in the morning, but not always.

Name: Patrick
Age (if you want to say it): 19
Hobbies: sitting on my couch and drinking coffee, galavanting, Mizca stanning
Year you got into Japanese music: 2005
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): OWL magazine
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): whoever

Quote    Reply   

DarkOmega87

To regain your avatar, please reduce it to 100x100.

#7 post_url

Apr 26 11 1:17 AM

Name: Luis
Age (if you want to say it): 24
Hobbies: video games, shopping, drinking, hanging with friends, driving
Year you got into Japanese music: 2002
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Well back in 2002 I was chillin with my friend at his house when i saw a random cd of an artist i never heard of i asked him who she was he said ayumi hamasaki and told me to listen to it, i listened to it and enjoyed the music, so i started looking for music from her and basically from that i branched off to many other artists. And why because i love the sound and the vocals for the most part and how much fun they seem to have.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): koda kumi, ayumi hamasaki, namie amuro, BoA, sowelu, miho fukuhara, pushim, youngshim, JASMINE, angela aki, mika nakashima, foxxi misq, beni, miliyah kato, leah dizon, AI, yellow generation, bon bon blanco, zone, boystyle, sweets, melody, nana katase, tommy heavenly, tommy february6, hitomi shimatani, hitomi takahashi, and many more

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#8 post_url

Apr 26 11 1:33 AM

Name: Nate (Shocking, right?)

Age: Believe it or not, I'm still in my twenties and I will be for a while longer.

Hobbies: Music, sight-seeing, art, web design

Year you got into Japanese music: 1995

How/why: Got into it by watching the local international channel's Japanese programming, mainly Yoru mo Hippare and HEY! HEY! HEY!. I like it because I do. I like anything that sounds good. I grew up watching and listening to foreign crap, why not add Japanese to it.

Favorite artists: Namie Amuro, MAX and lazily searching for new acts that pique my interest because most of today's J-pop seems mundane just like new mainstream music around the world. I think I have reached that old fogy stage where everything pre-2005 was better.

Quote    Reply   

#9 post_url

Apr 26 11 1:55 AM

Name: Neme
Hobbies: cruising in charas wagon and shopping
Year you got into Japanese music: dunno didn't start listening more until 2006
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): someone told me that ayumi hamasaki sucks and doesn't even write her own lyrics
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Kanayan, Chara, Mizca, Tomochin, AKB48, Ayu, Hilcrhyme, COMA-CHI... I listen to everything and my favs seem to change every year.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Apr 26 11 2:01 AM

Name: Joseph
Hobbies: Sleeping, music, being lazy, eating
Year you got into Japanese music: 2003
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): When I liked anime, I pretty much was in love with every ending and opening theme from Inuyasha. Afterwards I just started to expand. And I just like it because I do - no real reason.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Namie Amuro, Hitomi Takahashi, Hitomi Shimatani, Nightmare, and others that I like to a lesser extent

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

Apr 26 11 2:07 AM

Name: Brandon
Age (if you want to say it): 22
Hobbies: Stuffs
Year you got into Japanese music: 2004
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): PopJapanTV
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Pretty much any girl idol

Quote    Reply   

Starra

#12 post_url

Apr 26 11 3:43 AM

Name: Hannah
Age (if you want to say it): 17
Hobbies: Watching anime, listening to music, being an asshat.
Year you got into Japanese music: Heard about it in 2001 or 2002, but I didn't actually start following until 2005.
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Friend sent me a Morning Musume。song.
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): H!P, *48, most idol groups...

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#13 post_url

Apr 26 11 5:34 AM

AwesomeTakashi wrote:

You're in Tokyo?! Whereabouts?  

Name: NOT Callandra, haha
Age: still in my twenties! And I shall be for awhile (if I remember right, I think I'm one year younger than NATE)
Hobbies: Watching TV, listening to music, swimming, jogging, going to the beach
Year you got into Japanese music: 1997ish
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I just randomly downloaded Moonlight Densetsu (the opening to Sailormoon) because I was a huge fan and that somehow led to this crazy obsession. 
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Kanjani8, Namie Amuro, B'z, Mr.Children, GReeeeN, and I tend to like female singer-songwriters (miwa, Mao Abe, Mai Fukui, etc). 

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Apr 26 11 5:38 AM

Name: Kevin
Age (if you want to say it): 21, 22 in 3 days
Hobbies: Making music
Year you got into Japanese music: 2006 I think
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Someone sent me a Tommy heavenly6 song, I asked her for more, and after that I searched for more on my own
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): It's all about Meisa Kuroki and K-pop right now, since my interest in J-pop really faded away lately, even though I still enjoy new releases from people like alan, Abe Mao, Koda Kumi, etc... It's just that I don't play other songs than the new ones anymore

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Apr 26 11 7:27 AM

Name: Eileen
Age (if you want to say it): 16
Hobbies: Observing people
Year you got into Japanese music: I did listen to anime theme songs when I was a kid, but it was only until 2005/2006 when I started to follow Japanese music.
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Was listening to some random songs~ and then there were some ayu songs that caught my interest xD
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): B'z

Quote    Reply   

Sim

#16 post_url

Apr 26 11 8:03 AM

Name: Simhamed
Age (if you want to say it): 22
Hobbies: Playing DSi, watching horror/fantastic movies, listening (J-)music...
Year you got into Japanese music: 2004 (around Ayu's CAROLS single release)
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Had do to present a project about music in class, and chose japanese music since I loved animes at that time. Looked around a bit and found the Empress of Pop = Instant love!
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Ayumi Hamasaki, Koda Kumi, Utada Hikaru, Namie Amuro, Domoto Tsuyoshi (KinKi Kids)

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

Apr 26 11 8:22 AM

Name: Linda
Age (if you want to say it): 24
Hobbies: Video games
Year you got into Japanese music: 2005
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): My memory fails me but I think someone recommended a song in a HP fanfic that I read and I looked it up
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): NewS, AKB48, anything Asakura Daisuke.

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Apr 26 11 9:58 AM

Name: ?
Age (if you want to say it): 21.
Hobbies/Interests: Books, Extraterrestrials/UFOs, Conspiracy Theories, Archaeology, Psuedo Archaeology/Cryptzoology etc, Video Games, Art, Film.
Year you got into Japanese music: 2002 (Simple and Clean blew my mind).
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): I listen to music from all corners of the globe and my interests are diverse, there's no real "reason".
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Malice Mizer, Gackt, Shiina Ringo, Tokyo Jihen, Yuki, Olivia Lufkin, SAWA, MAA, Meg, Capsule, [email protected] Loads more.

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Apr 26 11 10:39 AM

Name: George? Pete? I'm not sure.
Age (if you want to say it): I'm getting too old for this shit...at least compared to everyone who has posted thus far.
Hobbies: Drawing, listening to music, vidja games, bike riding (at least when the weather around here allows it)
Year you got into Japanese music: 1996
How/why (the interest in Japanese music): Those Japanese animays were my gateway, starting with Sailor Moon
Favorite Japanese musical artist(s): Syoko Suzuki, Shonen Knife, Puffy, YUKI, Judy and Mary, Kaela Kimura, plus others

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help