Apr 25 11 8:45 PM

Tags : :

Title says it all.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 post_url

Apr 27 11 3:47 PM

Yes I do. I watch dubs first, and then subs. It's kinda hard to watch subs when you are reading the texts and watching what's happening on the tv screen at the same time.

Dub haters can suck it.

Quote    Reply   

#6 post_url

Apr 28 11 1:40 AM

I like to watch anime dubbed in Korean. Somehow, a lot of the dubs are very good and most of the characters sound pretty similar to their Japanese counterparts.

Quote    Reply   

#7 post_url

Apr 28 11 2:53 AM

I watched dubbed if I havn't seen it in Japanese when they were new. Some of the shows ive only seen or first saw dubbed it usually wont bother me in either language. But not the vice versa for some reason lol. Like Gundam 00 annoyed me for the one episode I watched in english since I watched it like a year + before in Japanese.

Quote    Reply   

feelmymind

#8 post_url

Apr 29 11 3:31 AM

I do, because usually I watch anime while doing other things and can't just stare at it read the subtitles. Or if its on tv, because that how I watch most, all, of it I will watch subs if the dubbed is really far behind or have time to really listen or the dubbing is just bad.

Some dubbing though is terrible, but I still watch it. ie Gundam Wing, because I original saw it dubbed and the subbed voices sound wrong to me. And Quatre is voiced by a girl. That is just terribly annoying.

Quote    Reply   

#9 post_url

Apr 29 11 5:03 AM

Only for Crayon Shin-chan. If an anime I want to watch is dubbed and isn't subbed and I don't know whether or not it's good, then I usually just skip it. lol

Quote    Reply   

ChronicleV

#10 post_url

Apr 29 11 12:23 PM

No. But if I have no choice, I stick with Mandarin dubs, not English.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 post_url

Apr 30 11 1:07 AM

When I get into a series I usually read the manga first off, then from there I watch the sub and then the dub (if it's good!).

So yeah, I still watch dubs from time to time!

Quote    Reply   

#13 post_url

Apr 30 11 1:38 AM

Tij wrote:
rewatching Yugioh the first series dubbed because i have to. it adds to the fun factor though. smiley: roll
It's tiem 2 d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Apr 30 11 6:40 PM

Dub?? What is dub?? Just kidding. When I first watched anime and was too lazy to read subtitles, all I watched was dubbed. When they started releasing anime on dvd with dual audio, that is when I started to watch subs only. I have watched quite a few badly dubbed anime. So that is another reason I don't watch dubbed often. So exceptions are of course Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and a few others.

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

May 1 11 4:31 PM

manrush wrote:
Tij wrote:

rewatching Yugioh the first series dubbed because i have to. it adds to the fun factor though. smiley: roll
It's tiem 2 d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!!!!!

LOL, that brings back memories the first series dub was ok but after that it was horrible..

I only watch dub if no subs are avail. I prefer to read then listen lol.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#17 post_url

May 5 11 10:37 PM

Yeah, unless it's really really bad... but then it's just funny, haha.

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Oct 26 12 10:23 PM

Yes. I'm not an elitist or a snob when it comes to this. I agree previously dubbed anime can and were shoddy in terms of the quality but English voice over has come a long way from then. Some things even fit better in English because there are plenty of Anime/Manga that draws heavily from the West. Japanese voices can sound predictable (the girly guy, the girly girl, the auntie, the gruff uncle, recycle) and while there are still some cases where I prefer to watch subbed, dubbed are no longer cause of fear for me. Watching dubbed animes/series give me pleasure in figuring out how the characters have been reframed to fit English dialogues and whether or not they are fitting given the context or just plain off.

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

May 3 13 2:06 AM

The only dubbed shows I'll watch are the ones I saw when I first got into anime. It's sort of nostalgic watching them, but at this point, I see no point watching English dubs. I do enjoy Cantonese ones lol.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help