Remove this ad

#361 post_url

Sep 1 14 5:56 AM

4 pictures from her last LOVE FANTASTIC TOUR 2014. There are from her last show in Nagoya, but they filmed the Zepp Tokyo live on 23th for the upcoming DVD/Blu-ray.

960044f5403e86bbac0c.jpg547910f5403e86bbbf1d.jpg
166693f5403e86bbb254.jpg865693f5403e86bbb8c4.jpg

I went to the Osaka show, and it was great !
She sang all songs from LOVE FANTASTIC and LOVE PUNCH (+ Sakuranbo/Mirai Taxi, FUFUFU, Hello Me).
We could see she really really enjoyed singing her new songs, and she looked so free

I really enjoyed the lucid curtain concept as well !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#373 post_url

Sep 7 14 5:11 PM

satsukibeni wrote:
Like a full band, horns, strings is what I meant? No need for sass
In that case, no. It's only 1 bassist, 2 guitarists, 1 drummer and 1 pianist. This tour was a live house one, so if we would compare with another Ai's Tour, that would be LOVE LETTER Live House Tour in 2009 !

Quote    Reply   

#374 post_url

Sep 8 14 12:38 AM

LittleBigHeart wrote:

satsukibeni wrote:Like a full band, horns, strings is what I meant? No need for sass

In that case, no. It's only 1 bassist, 2 guitarists, 1 drummer and 1 pianist. This tour was a live house one, so if we would compare with another Ai's Tour, that would be LOVE LETTER Live House Tour in 2009 !

Thank you! (: 

Quote    Reply   

#375 post_url

Sep 12 14 8:46 AM

Ai Otsuka will be part of the COUNTDOWN 2014-2015 at the Osaka Castle as a special guest for a live show mixing songs and 3D mapping.
It is expected that she will sing her new song which is also part of the NTT Heart Beat project.

http://www.tenka1hikari.jp/#pickup

Ai-chin and her promotion team keep working on creative concepts and collaboration even though it's still very hard for her to meet a new audience. The new generation doesn't know about her, except for the Sakuranbo song and Planetarium, and the previous one just stopped following her except for a few thousands of hardcore fans.
Some people are wondering on japanese forums why Avex is still supporting her new releases. "Even an indie group would sell better than her" one said. The reason should be pretty simple : She writes, composes, arranges and produce and own music, Avex only publish her CDs, in a limited number.

Quote    Reply   

#376 post_url

Sep 12 14 9:14 AM

LittleBigHeart wrote:
Some people are wondering on japanese forums why Avex is still supporting her new releases. "Even an indie group would sell better than her" one said. The reason should be pretty simple : She writes, composes, arranges and produce and own music, Avex only publish her CDs, in a limited number.
no. because she is still known due to those songs that were popular and were released by Avex. there are aplenty of singer-songwriters who do their own stuff in Avex, but not many had hits like she did.

Last Edited By: moviebuffwwc Sep 12 14 9:20 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#377 post_url

Sep 12 14 9:30 AM

Don't let those words get to you. The market has been on the decline for our favorite female artists. However, they're still releasing and as long as we're enjoying it, there's no problem. It sucks but that's just how it is. I mean, nobody could have made "Kingyo Hanabi" as beautiful as it is. *_*

Quote    Reply   

#378 post_url

Sep 12 14 9:42 AM

DeepFried wrote:
Don't let those words get to you. The market has been on the decline for our favorite female artists. However, they're still releasing and as long as we're enjoying it, there's no problem. It sucks but that's just how it is. I mean, nobody could have made "Kingyo Hanabi" as beautiful as it is. *_*

Haha that's really cute ^^Thank you !
I know it's been a hard time for our favs lately with this idol wave. I'm just glad Avex let her do whatever she wants in term of music, without pushing her too much. She did a 2 years hiatus, but she's not like Utada, she was already declining before that in popularity. Her last hit song is from 2007 after all : 7 years after, she's still making music though. But I know she's sometimes affected by this. She said that she wanted to stop, and she's aware about that lack of popularity. She even said "I will work to make the new generation know about me" (in her fanclub blog) or "Even if there are people who don't like me, I will continue to make music" (from her Zepp Tokyo live, 8/23).
I will support her until her last song. Lets keep supporting our favs

Quote    Reply   

#379 post_url

Sep 12 14 10:06 AM

to add what DeepFried said, just look at Shimatani Hitomi. she's not selling as she used to, but they still keep her. so are Hamasaki Ayumi and Koda Kumi, whose sales dropped with every album release. heck, even utada's sales was mixed during her HEART STATION era, and she can't even pushed her compilation Utada Hikaru Single Collection Vol. 2 to sell over 500k, despite it released after the 1 million unit sales of HEART STATION. these artists still keep doing what they do, and they are still supported by their respective companies. but saying that the main reason why they still keep her is that she's talented is ignoring other facts and reasons why Avex still keep her (she still sells even though music wise not as she used to before 2010).

Quote    Reply   

#380 post_url

Sep 13 14 12:45 AM

" She writes, composes, arranges and produce and own music" does not necessarily equal "she's talented". You're reading too much into it. It simply means that she's cheap to have on the label as she's doing a lot of the work herself.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help