Remove this ad
avatar

Pacey Bishop

Posts: 485

~川野里奈4EVER~Site Owner
image

image image

Lead

Apr 22 11 1:03 PM

Tags : :

I might not respond to EVERY suggestion and Yuku might not be able to do each and every single thing under the sun, but I will work to accommodate the overall especially if it can contribute to gaining a wider audience and more active members! Feel free to post.
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#5 post_url

Apr 22 11 11:32 PM

well if they haven't i'm sure they just decided to retire.

Since JPM is now a ghost town with cockaroaches feasting on whatever is left.

avatar

Oricon

Posts: 3,903 SHINee/SNSD Love

#8 post_url

Apr 23 11 6:56 PM

NATE wrote:
Why would you miss it? It's not like it's gone.


Well partly because now it's hidden under other forums now and before it was on the main page. Plus it's probably one of the most active sub-forums so it deserves its recognition

avatar

NATE

JPC Admin

Posts: 2,928

#9 post_url

Apr 23 11 7:54 PM

Even at the old JPM, I would only list it as maybe the third or fourth most active and even then there were really only two truly active subforums. OAF and KB were all JPM was about.

avatar

Oricon

Posts: 3,903 SHINee/SNSD Love

#10 post_url

Apr 23 11 9:36 PM

Well it comes after the Artist forum + Karoake Bar + Probably J-Pop Central. If sub forums like the technicians and video arcade gets on the main page I don't see why Rest of Asia doesn't as it's clearly more active than them. And isn't Rest of Asia pretty active?

Remove this ad

#11 post_url

Apr 23 11 10:24 PM

Might I say that the "PREVIOUS TOPIC" and "NEXT TOPIC" links should be changed to like, "PREVIOUS PAGE" and "NEXT PAGE" links instead? I really doubt people would be willingly switching between topics, unless you're in the Karaoke Bar.

Also, since we have an Off-Topic/Off-Forum chat thingy to work with now that uses a 90s-throwback GUI (which includes a shortcut for "what is your asl???"), I think we should also include the option to type in Comic Sans.

Lastly, maybe you guys could round up a bunch of people to write a stickied thread on a crash course to yuku and functions that might be of use to JPC members?


Aside from that, I think the mods have done a great job with the place. Maybe I'll find more things to nitpick over...

EDIT: OOOOH.  Can we have the spoiler tags implemented ASAP too? Or are they already implemented and nobody is using them...

Last Edited By: Xai Apr 23 11 10:27 PM. Edited 1 time.

avatar

NATE

JPC Admin

Posts: 2,928

#12 post_url

Apr 23 11 10:30 PM

Previous topic/next are system defaults, I don't think we can change them without full access to the php of this forum which we don't have.

And we already have spoiler tags.

#13 post_url

Apr 23 11 11:48 PM

Not really a suggestion as much as a bug but Media Central's 10 post lock isn't working. I can still access the section when I'm logged out. Just FYI.

avatar

ChronicleV

Posts: 287 フューチャーキッス 

#14 post_url

Apr 24 11 12:23 AM

"J-Urban" and "J-Rock" to go under "The J-Pop Artists Forum" instead of "J-Pop Central".

I never understood why those artist threads aren't grouped together with the other artist threads, when JE and H!P are...

#15 post_url

Apr 24 11 1:03 AM

NATE wrote:
Previous topic/next are system defaults, I don't think we can change them without full access to the php of this forum which we don't have.

And we already have spoiler tags.


oh wow! smiley: pimp well that's excellent.  shame about the previous & next topic links though.

#16 post_url

Apr 24 11 1:34 AM

Xai wrote:
Lastly, maybe you guys could round up a bunch of people to write a stickied thread on a crash course to yuku and functions that might be of use to JPC members?

I second this motion. The sheer amount of options is pretty confounding at the moment and I don't have the time (or technical know-how) to plough through them all. I'd be immensely grateful if there was a thread that went through a few of the general functions of the system (esoteric ones can stay that way).

Kudos for getting the new forum up and running as well as making it look like a charm. I could do without the giant text buttons, but that's neither here nor there in terms of functionality.

#17 post_url

Apr 24 11 2:45 AM

keikun wrote:
Not really a suggestion as much as a bug but Media Central's 10 post lock isn't working. I can still access the section when I'm logged out. Just FYI.

How so? Is it via a thread link, an alternative URL? I changed some of the permissions to make it completely invisible to users under 10 posts, so give it a try. I know I can't see it under this account for now.

ungco wrote:
Xai wrote:
Lastly, maybe you guys could round up a bunch of people to write a stickied thread on a crash course to yuku and functions that might be of use to JPC members?

I second this motion. The sheer amount of options is pretty confounding at the moment and I don't have the time (or technical know-how) to plough through them all. I'd be immensely grateful if there was a thread that went through a few of the general functions of the system (esoteric ones can stay that way).

This link should be relevant to your interests:

http://www.yuku.com/portal/platform

I posted it in the stickied post in this forum. Reading a wall of text is about the same time as simply navigating through your profile and just checking things out for yourself, it's really only a couple of minutes and fairly easy once you get the hang of things.

You've won half the battle by simply figuring out how to upload an avatar and display your correct timezone. Anything else, such as editing your profile page and even making your own skin, is simply a matter of giving yourself time to literally play with what's available.

Last Edited By: Pacey Bishop Apr 24 11 3:13 AM. Edited 1 time.

#19 post_url

Apr 24 11 10:52 AM

Any chance we can have a "View your posts" link here??? That is what I've done mostly at JPM to check the threads that I've replied to previously and which ones have been updated and not just view what I have posted before. I wish I could explain this better......

unkowwn wrote:
well if they haven't i'm sure they just decided to retire.

Since JPM is now a ghost town with cockaroaches feasting on whatever is left.
I was "there"(a.k.a. checking the forum) for well over a week after everyone came here cuz I totally didn't know about this.

Last Edited By: lilone Apr 24 11 11:55 AM. Edited 1 time.

#20 post_url

Apr 24 11 3:39 PM

spirit9 wrote:
keikun wrote:
Not really a suggestion as much as a bug but Media Central's 10 post lock isn't working. I can still access the section when I'm logged out. Just FYI.

How so? Is it via a thread link, an alternative URL? I changed some of the permissions to make it completely invisible to users under 10 posts, so give it a try. I know I can't see it under this account for now.
Oh nevermind it got fixed. Just loaded Chrome and it don't show up anymore.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help