Remove this ad

#81 post_url

Oct 4 11 4:30 PM

They didn't. You probably overreacted the first time around! lol

Lips is amazing and should be #1 for weeks!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#83 post_url

Oct 5 11 10:31 AM

OMFG!!!

I'm totally blown away! I LOVE this album to bits!!! SO FREAKING GOOOOOD. Well, even interludes are nice, and although the remix of 'Black Diamond' could've been better it's still okay.

BEST.DOUBLE.ALBUM.

Quote    Reply   

#86 post_url

Oct 5 11 3:58 PM

I was hoping the album could break the Top 10 at least.

I'm really enjoying the whole thing, especially majority of the upbeat stuff.
Count 3 should definately have a PV.

Quote    Reply   

#87 post_url

Oct 5 11 6:15 PM

A nice album, not spectacular but it does have some great songs. I didn't like the previews of the upbeat songs, but they sound good in entirety. I believe Count 3 would have probably made a better lead single for sales. Now let me go back to listening the chorus of "Make It Hot".

By the way, the remix album needs to come out right now. "Fallin" would be a great song for a remix.

Last Edited By: helpmemister Oct 5 11 6:20 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#88 post_url

Oct 5 11 8:11 PM

love this album, can't believe more doubted it based on the previews, I bought it based off of the previews. have to agree though, the BD remix needs to go.

also, the pictures in the booklet are pointless, one with her head down, and one shaking her hair. we get it, you cut your damn hair, we just don't care.

Quote    Reply   

#89 post_url

Oct 5 11 8:50 PM

What do you guys think her best album is? I decided to take a listen to this new album (I'm not through it yet) and so far I think Lips is amazing! Do you think I should just get her BEST album or go through all of her albums? Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

#90 post_url

Oct 6 11 12:20 AM

the Black diamond remix is my favorite track!

it's freaking brilliant!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#91 post_url

Oct 6 11 1:34 AM

BANZAI wrote:
What do you guys think her best album is? I decided to take a listen to this new album (I'm not through it yet) and so far I think Lips is amazing! Do you think I should just get her BEST album or go through all of her albums? Thanks!

I would probably suggest starting with her best album and then figuring out which songs kind of come from which to get a general sense of what those albums would have been like. To be honest, I really like the eclectic mix of Best Albums since they usually do have a larger number of great songs versus how an album can have some missage... I personally like Reflex just as a plug hahahaha smiley: roll

Quote    Reply   

#92 post_url

Oct 7 11 12:22 AM

BANZAI wrote:
That's tough. You could listen to all of her albums or you could listen to all of her BEST albums (10 Years, BEST COLLABORATIONS, and Ballad Mellow) and pretty much get a complete discography that way. My favorite original album is Wonderful, but you should really get a chance to listen to her concept jazz album, Life is Beautiful

Quote    Reply   

dekita

Mod Message:

Change your avatar to 100x100 to regain it. 

#95 post_url

Oct 7 11 1:44 PM

I too thought the album wouldn't be good... but after listening to it surprised me. How could we doubt Double? She's one of the few Japanese artists that consistently puts out good stuff (CK used to be there, until Spin the Music ) My faves are Make it hot, History of love, Fallin', Tattoo and Lips

Quote    Reply   

thisisdavidg

#99 post_url

Oct 11 11 2:03 AM

I can't run through the album too give it another listen to maybe even grown on me. It's a bit boring honestly. Tattoo is the only track that really stands out. Next.

Quote    Reply   

#100 post_url

Oct 11 11 4:05 PM

I find this album anything but boring. Maybe it's the consistency which makes it boring to others, but for me it makes it difficult to find any bad tracks. I agree with the autotune comments, though. Double doesn't need autotune at all. I can even say that it detracts some of the emotion from Tattoo: the fragility in her voice that you can hear in History of Love would have made Tattoo even better than it already is, but it is covered by the autotune.

Overall a great album, beats a lot of the current jpop releases if you ask me. Lips, Fallin, Tattoo and Make it hot are my favourites. The Black Diamond remix was unnecessary and probably included because of marketing reasons.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help