Remove this ad

#21 post_url

May 2 11 1:52 AM

Question is whether the free Plus content for the free users will still be accessible after (what is essentially a trial) period is over, and when it actually comes into effect - Sony did say that the PlayStation Store should be up within a month, but if the 'goodwill' gesture starts now then there may only be scant time before the whole thing's rendered useless. The extra month for existing Plus users was virtually a given and basically the least they could do to 'compensate' for the downtime.

Overall, I'm okay with what they're dishing up, but there's definitely a bit of apathy mixed in. I'm more interested in this identity fraud protection thing than anything.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

May 2 11 6:54 AM

helpmemister wrote:
So what does everyone think about the free month of PlayStation Plus (for non-subscribers) or 1 month free for existing Plus subscribers? Sony is also apparently giving a "welcome back" package with free games and DLC content. I think that this is fine, I don't play that much online anyway. I am excited for discounted PSone Classics!

Well, that's the least they could do. And while I do not by any means approve of what the hackers have done, I'm also appalled by Sony's attitude towards this entire circus. Yes, they have apologized in the meantime, but it went from 'just some error in the network' to 'the network got hacked but it's no big deal' to 'how do we have to put this, but all account data has been stolen but no credit card data' to 'credit card data has been stolen too, but it's all encrypted so no worries' to 'maybe the credit card data wasn't encrypted enough'. It felt like a game of 'let's see how long we can keep'em in the dark while we try to evade any responsability'.

And I hope customers and companies have learned something about online financial transactions by now.

Quote    Reply   

#24 post_url

May 3 11 12:17 AM

Yeah, it's the Sony Online Entertainment division which is separate from the PlayStation Network and seems to cater to the PC gaming community. If the very same hackers used the exact same method of attack to bring that down, then Sony has been a bit shortsighted and didn't bother to check their other security systems... which is kind of stupid after all is said and done.

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

May 3 11 12:32 PM

My Move Starter Pack arrived a couple of days ago and I only just had a chance to play with it - first impressions are encouraging. I've gone through a few of the demos on the included disc, with Sports Champions, Tumble and (surprisingly) EyePet being particular highlights, though I won't be getting the latter any time soon. I thought I would've been over something like Sports Champions by now, but the accuracy of the Move system really does add an extra dimension and breathes new life into the motion control sphere of gaming. Likewise, for what's ostensibly a tech demo, Tumble has got legs. The sparse design is serviceable without coming across too bland and the Move is put to very good use - it's definitely a frontrunner on the wishlist. The demos have certainly made me feel at ease with my adoption of the system and I can't wait to receive the three extra controllers and a copy of Champions in the mail.

Hopefully, games like Sorcery and Child of Eden come out strong and are able to deliver what they seem to be individually promising; then maybe developers will be able to create software that utilises these control schemes in a less cynical/more open-minded manner.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

zeopower6

Posts: 1,870

#28 post_url

May 3 11 11:34 PM

I want to play Tokyo Jungle so baaaadly! I hope it comes out here. :]

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

May 4 11 3:42 AM

ungco wrote:
My Move Starter Pack arrived a couple of days ago and I only just had a chance to play with it - first impressions are encouraging. I've gone through a few of the demos on the included disc, with Sports Champions, Tumble and (surprisingly) EyePet being particular highlights, though I won't be getting the latter any time soon. I thought I would've been over something like Sports Champions by now, but the accuracy of the Move system really does add an extra dimension and breathes new life into the motion control sphere of gaming. Likewise, for what's ostensibly a tech demo, Tumble has got legs. The sparse design is serviceable without coming across too bland and the Move is put to very good use - it's definitely a frontrunner on the wishlist. The demos have certainly made me feel at ease with my adoption of the system and I can't wait to receive the three extra controllers and a copy of Champions in the mail.

Hopefully, games like Sorcery and Child of Eden come out strong and are able to deliver what they seem to be individually promising; then maybe developers will be able to create software that utilises these control schemes in a less cynical/more open-minded manner.

I was pretty impressed with Move too, but it's been months and I still can't find a new game I want to get for it.  I was really hoping Portal 2 would allow Move input, but they cancelled that feature.

It's a good system, but hopefully I didn't waste my money.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

May 4 11 10:16 PM

"Dear PSN users. As you may already know we have started to bring our services up for the south and west of Asia and can confirm we finally have dates available to bring the system back online world wide:

North/East Asia - Tuesday May 3rd (22.00)
Europe - Wednesday May 4th (22.00)
USA - Thursday May 5th (08.00)
AUS - Thursday May 5th (14.00)"

yay. MK9/MvC3 online tomorrow, hope I can find some good matches lol.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

May 5 11 1:09 AM

^ What's the source? I can't find mention of it anywhere - PS Blogs, IGN, The Sixth Axis, etc. Also, it's close to 15:00 here (AUS) and according to the PlayStation website, it's still not up.


Hawk wrote:
I was pretty impressed with Move too, but it's been months and I still can't find a new game I want to get for it.  I was really hoping Portal 2 would allow Move input, but they cancelled that feature.

It's a good system, but hopefully I didn't waste my money.

Very true. At the moment, other than The Fight and maybe some Move compatible games I can't see myself getting any more offered at the usual retail stores. That said, I didn't really buy it for the supported library at present moment but for the content that's creeping ever closer (mainly Child of Eden), especially evident considering the relatively late adoption. In my case, it's sort of akin to if I had instead bought a Wii rather than the Move - there was the foreknowledge that it may not be utilised as much as I'd hope, but I was willing to spend the money.

--

InFamous 2 is looking uh-mazing. The first didn't blow my mind away like it seemed to do for much of the gaming press and the gamer population (though the ending certainly made the game very worthwhile), but the second one already looks like a winner. How they're going to introduce the crazy monsters without the entire affair seeming farcical will be interesting - unless it's so over the top that it all just makes 'sense.'

Last Edited By: ungco May 5 11 1:39 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

May 5 11 11:11 AM

^ Yeah looking like it wasnt true. Couple of people were bouncing it around the other day. Sucks since I really want to play online lol. If its not up in like 2 days I might just grab the discounted XBL they are having this week.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

zeopower6

Posts: 1,870

#36 post_url

May 5 11 6:15 PM

It takes a few minutes for posts to show up sometimes... I think SG/PB/L9S explains it in the Cinco de Mayo update. Check the links on top~

Quote    Reply   

#37 post_url

May 5 11 11:06 PM

Furi Kuri wrote:
^ Couple of people were passing it around. Was hoping it was true since im craving a fighting game but seems like it wasn't :/
Furi Kuri wrote:
^ Yeah looking like it wasnt true. Couple of people were bouncing it around the other day. Sucks since I really want to play online lol. If its not up in like 2 days I might just grab the discounted XBL they are having this week.
Furi Kuri wrote:
ugh wtf is up with my posts lol?! I cant see them...
NO TRIPLE POSTING!!!

Y'know, I'm now beginning to wonder whether they'll be able to make their deadline to have the PSN up "this week." Sure some more statements have been released, but there's also the feeling that they're being disseminated to the public to soften another blow.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

zeopower6

Posts: 1,870

#38 post_url

May 5 11 11:27 PM

Looks like there are warnings of another attack soon? Jeez, whyyyyy~

Quote    Reply   
avatar

UtsukemonoSama

JPC Admin

Posts: 417

寝る程楽は無かりけり

#39 post_url

May 6 11 2:57 PM

My PS3 broke Black screen of death. Well, it's just stuck on loading before the xml screen... so sad, don't know what to do. I have to wait till autumn to buy a new one (I didn't get a warranty)

Quote    Reply   
avatar

zeopower6

Posts: 1,870

#40 post_url

May 6 11 3:34 PM

Aaaah, so it was just a random crash/death? Maybe someone will be able to help you? Do you have the yellow light of fear?

I really am hoping that I never have to deal with that... I know someone who had their PS3 fail on them 3 times in the last few years or so. D;

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help