Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 19 11 8:10 AM

Tags : :

Kinda surprised there isn't already one...

Last Edited By: shaffy oppa Apr 20 11 3:53 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Apr 20 11 1:47 AM

FYI, it's spelt "PlayStation," not "Playstation." For shame!

I recently ordered the Move starter pack with the Nav controller. Gonna use it to play Heavy Rain (again) and see how that works. Planning on getting a second Motion controller with Sports Champions so fam can get in on some of the action as well, though I'm waiting for GAME to have the accessory restocked! Any other games people would recommend for the thing, or is much of the software pretty shite at the moment?

I'll probably end up getting Tumble and Dead Space: Extraction since they seem to have had a good amount of positive feedback from the userbase. In contrast, I've read mixed to downright negative reviews regarding The Fight, though it looks somewhat interesting.

Last Edited By: ungco Apr 20 11 1:50 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 post_url

Apr 20 11 11:51 AM

Tumble: the full game is not much more interesting than the demo. There're like 8-10 worlds, with 5-7 stages each. Camera control can get frustrating at times.
And there's this puzzle game called Auditorium. I wouldn't recommend it.
I'd recommend Beat Sketcher (music game), but it's very short.

Quote    Reply   

#3 post_url

Apr 20 11 3:52 PM

Sports champions with two moves per person is pretty amazing...

As for the fight it's nothing major but I think it's pretty cool and worked well. Tho I'd prefer the gladiators game from SC fleshed into a full game.

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Apr 20 11 11:38 PM

Thanks for the recommendations peeps. I ended up nabbing Champions and the extra Motion controller soon after I posted that comment since GAME magically had them restocked and am really looking forward to their arrival.

Demos are our friends, I guess, so it's lucky the PSN has so many of 'em. I've already got Flight Control HD, which'll probably give the Move a good workout.

On another note, took advantage of the Spring sale when it first cropped up and my order of Enslaved, Brotherhood, and Mass Effect 2 arrived this morning. Not sure which one I'll get stuck into first once I'm free!

Quote    Reply   

#8 post_url

Apr 26 11 4:56 AM

Yeah, PSN's still down and the only real explanation to come out of it is that an "external intrusion" was the cause for shutting down Sony's online services. I'm fine with the lack of online gameplay for the most part since I barely do online multiplayer, though the fact that patches and updates for games and the system itself are also inaccessible means that I'm a bit hesitant to start the few games that I've received since the downtime.

The most annoying thing about this whole situation is the serious dearth of rational thinking being displayed by a number of the internet (ab)using PS3 userbase. It's even worse that most of those complaining seem to be free users - the PS Plus contingent don't seem to sound off as much or as heavily.

Oh, and the fanboys (of any console) really do need to grow the fuck up already. "It only does offline," is funny; "you get what you pay for, I guess," is just lazy. And there's just too much back and forth of that nature to bear.

Tij wrote:
Tumble: the full game is not much more interesting than the demo. There're like 8-10 worlds, with 5-7 stages each. Camera control can get frustrating at times.
And there's this puzzle game called Auditorium. I wouldn't recommend it.
I'd recommend Beat Sketcher (music game), but it's very short.
I tried out Auditorium on the developer's website for a bit. It's actually the type of game I'd wind down to after flogging my brain for a day, which may sound somewhat counterintuitive, but hey. I think I may actually get it once the PSN's back up (and assuming accounts haven't been hacked and jacked into oblivion).

shaffy oppa wrote:
Sports champions with two moves per person is pretty amazing...

As for the fight it's nothing major but I think it's pretty cool and worked well. Tho I'd prefer the gladiators game from SC fleshed into a full game.
Y'know, even though it didn't take much prodding, this convinced me to accumulate all four motion controllers. Looking forward to it. Until I get a proper charger, I think I'll just dump the controllers in a drawer when they're not in use.

Last Edited By: ungco Apr 26 11 5:05 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#12 post_url

Apr 27 11 12:26 AM

shaffy oppa wrote:
After telling you about it I also went out and bought myself the move again. Originally sold it to fund the kinect and my 360s not working right now and theres really good sales going on with the move equipment.

As for the PSN it's been revealed that for certain PSN accounts personal information was breached.

http://blog.eu.playstatio...qriocity-service-update/

Lol, why am I not surprised by the first statement?

Anyway, looks like I wasn't just being paranoid when checking the state of my account on a daily basis. The sensitive nature of this breach is damning stuff for Sony. It's good that they've finally released information about the nature of the hacks effects, but I imagine that it's taking them longer than expected to consolidate the mess and figure out a strategy to protect their system in future which is why the PR was so vague until now. Prolexic and whatever other security company Sony enlist really have their work cut out for them and Sony's got a lot of damage control/arse kissing to do.

It's highly unlikely, but hopefully not too many peoples' details were obtained. Excrement has really hit the fan.

Quote    Reply   

mariners07

#13 post_url

Apr 27 11 12:52 AM

ungco wrote:
Oh, and the fanboys (of any console) really do need to grow the fuck up already. "It only does offline," is funny; "you get what you pay for, I guess," is just lazy. And there's just too much back and forth of that nature to bear.

ugh I so agree with this.

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Apr 27 11 4:07 AM

Well, there goes my hope that "not too many peoples' details" were compromised:

Q.5     How many were affected?  How many per each region? What is the latest status of PlayStation Network registered account/ operating countries.

Our investigation indicates that all PlayStation Network/ Qriocity accounts may have been affected.

Q.6     Does that mean all users’ information was compromised?  Tell us more in details of what personal information leaked.

In terms of possibility, yes.  We believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password, login, password security answers, and handle/PSN online ID.  It is also possible that your profile data may have been obtained, including purchase history and billing address (city, state/province, zip or postal code).  If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, it is possible that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may also have been obtained.

Q.7     Have you notified those users?

We are sending out e-mails directly to these users to their e-mail address registered on the PS Network accounts.  Also, we have posted web notices, and additional necessary procedures have been followed by each region.

Q.8     Have you received reports or claims that their PSN ID information/ credit card had been used improperly?

Not at this point in time.

Source: http://faq.en.playstation...e=en_GB&p_faqid=5593

I doubt this will quell the amount of mudslinging, but more information is better than none.

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Apr 27 11 8:26 AM

I don't care how long it takes before the service is back up as long as they're able to get their security beefed up and the safety of their customers' information has been properly catered to. More than two months would be a bit on the ridiculous side, but if that's what's necessary for Sony to get their shit (and ours) together then I'm for such a scenario - game updates be damned.

Those disgruntled plebs who are threatening to switch consoles permanently as a result of this debacle can go ahead and put their words into practice. There's no use whining about it - just do it already.

Last Edited By: ungco Apr 27 11 11:08 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

Apr 28 11 5:15 AM

Another PSN update. Looks like credit card data was encrypted (and placed on a different level) at the very least:

Q: Was my personal data encrypted?
A: All of the data was protected, and access was restricted both physically and through the perimeter and security of the network. The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken. The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.

Q: Was my credit card data taken?
A: While all credit card information stored in our systems is encrypted and there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained. Keep in mind, however, that your credit card security code (sometimes called a CVC or CSC number) has not been obtained because we never requested it from anyone who has joined the PlayStation Network or Qriocity, and is therefore not stored anywhere in our system.

Source: http://blog.eu.playstatio...and-qriocity-outage-faq/

It doesn't sound like passwords were encrypted, which is a bit whack considering you'd think that'd be the first line of defence. Overall, I'm slightly relieved, but of course the message is to stay vigilant and keep an eye out for anything amiss regarding your accounts. Keep safe everyone.

Quote    Reply   

mikahcho

#18 post_url

Apr 28 11 11:27 AM

News update, sorry if someone's said this already, cba to read. Sony are rebuilding the psn again, so they can make it more secure this time. So some things will be back online soon, but we should anticipate a major firmware update to support the new psn

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

May 1 11 11:33 PM

So what does everyone think about the free month of PlayStation Plus (for non-subscribers) or 1 month free for existing Plus subscribers? Sony is also apparently giving a "welcome back" package with free games and DLC content. I think that this is fine, I don't play that much online anyway. I am excited for discounted PSone Classics!

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

May 2 11 1:38 AM

Yeah im not too hopeful that what we get will be anything decent in the first place lol. But maybe there will be something worth while.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help