Remove this ad

#661 post_url

Oct 3 16 3:11 AM

LOL, I totally forgot this is coming out! And apparently "Koiwazurai no Buta" and "box" were digital single?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#663 post_url

Oct 20 16 6:10 AM

^ Aww so jealous. Wish I could go

"PUNKY" is better than I expected. Even if there are no big surprises, the new song are quite good. I only have two problems with the album: the order of the songs, which is BAD, and the addition of "Obatanan Tenaisa", which is a cover of a popular Halloween song that Kaela already included on her single "EGG" but it doesn't fit here.

If only she could have promoted better... "PUNKY" is probably going to flop -__-

Quote    Reply   

#664 post_url

Oct 21 16 12:57 AM

ARUTO wrote:
^ Aww so jealous. Wish I could go frown.gif

"PUNKY" is better than I expected. Even if there are no big surprises, the new song are quite good. I only have two problems with the album: the order of the songs, which is BAD, and the addition of "Obatanan Tenaisa", which is a cover of a popular Halloween song that Kaela already included on her single "EGG" but it doesn't fit here.

If only she could have promoted better... "PUNKY" is probably going to flop -__-

What? Shes performing two songs on Music Station today....
Her promotion is really good still.

Quote    Reply   

#665 post_url

Oct 21 16 7:45 AM

For me, PUNKY is her weakest effort so far Her opening tracks are always the best, so I LOVED "There is love" and I thought the album would follow that direction but it sounds messy somehow and the other album tracks don't sound that memorable, save "Himawari". I don't even know how to describe this album apart from messy, circus-y(?), too childish and annoying because of her cutesy, screaming voice. Maybe that was her approach for the PUNKY concept but not my cup of tea

Pretty sad but, oh well, those 8EIGHT8 days will never be back

Quote    Reply   

#666 post_url

Oct 23 16 6:13 AM

I don't think this is her weakest. Actually it has better album tracks than MIETA imo (even if the latter has great songs) and I'm really enjoying it. I'm missing a really rock-ish track like "Yellow" or "Kidoairaku plus Ai" though (especially with a title like "PUNKY")

Quote    Reply   

#667 post_url

Oct 24 16 3:32 AM

The album is pretty standard Kaela affair, I think Suki, Himawari and Happy na Happi are the standouts for me. Although SHOW TIME followed by EGG are the best songs this time around.

Quote    Reply   

#668 post_url

Oct 24 16 10:28 AM

I was expecting a rockish album too but oh well :/ What I love about MIETA is the "one more + sonic manic + TODAY IS A NEW DAY" combo right at the beginning of the album even though it tends to slow down a little bit after Satisfaction, it has really nice tracks (Wake up, eye) and her crazy signature songs (RUN, MIETA) but they sound a bit more mature and refined, I guess?

And I loved EGG single! EGG is definitely my favourite song since Sun shower and the whole single quality overall is superb, SHOW TIME is a fun song and the Obake song is good for a b-side ONLY, and that was the direction I was expecting for PUNKY, but I didn't like the fact that she put the whole single in the album + some very peculiar tracks that somehow lacks the "refined" sound I was expecting (and I don't even know if "refined" is the right word to express it but "less messy" definitely is). That's why I liked There is love, Himawari and even Bokutachi no Uta but when PUNKY, Koiwazurai no Buta, Suki etc starts I just feel like: oh well... At least it seems I liked half of the album, which is not THAT bad ahahahaha

I guess I was really spoiled by her sound from Circle to 8EIGHT8 (and even Sync) eras and I must get used to her new sound and while hoping for a track that suits my taste every once in a while

Quote    Reply   

#669 post_url

Oct 25 16 7:54 AM

I really think Scratch and +1 eras were her best times. Since then I've only liked at most only 3 songs out of each subsequent album

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#670 post_url

Oct 26 16 9:39 AM

damn I win the lottery 3/3 at Tokyo , shoul I go? kinda dilemma since I listen the PUNKY I`m not into it... yes for a few songs but I prefer MIETA... (agree with @guh) @aruto do you want buy my ticket? •̀.̫•́✧

Quote    Reply   

#671 post_url

Apr 4 17 6:09 AM

NEW SINGLE 「HOLIDAYS」

VIZL-1148 (Limited Edition)
VICL-37265 (Regular Edition)
VIZL-1173 (First Press Limited Edition)

CD Tracklist
01. HOLIDAYS
02. Bokutachi no Uta (Konsei 3bu Gasshou ver.) (僕たちのうた (混声3部合唱ver.))
03. Just A Girl (Live at MTV Unplugged) (No Doubt cover)
04. HOLIDAYS (Instrumental)

DVD Tracklist

01. HOLIDAYS (Music Video)
02. "DIAMOND TOUR" Documentary Film

Art made by the same guy/team who created 'Parappa The Rapper'smiley: roll

You can listen to part of it here:

---

I'm pissed about her not including any new b-side this time. And her "Just a girl" cover is a mess. "HOLIDAYS" sounds fun though.

Last Edited By: ARUTO Apr 4 17 6:21 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#677 post_url

Apr 27 17 10:01 PM

sock marks i just remembered that your username used to be poopy #rip

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help