Remove this ad

#601 post_url

Dec 16 13 4:59 PM

Woooooowwww! I know their label like to re-release things to rake in the cash but that's insane! I can't imagine buying that sort of package from any singers I like!

Makes me wish they would release more stuff so Ki/oon don't have to seem so desperate!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#602 post_url

Dec 16 13 8:31 PM

I know right, that's one thing I don't understand - Japanese singles, albums, DVDs, Blu-rays all cost a lot more than usual. I don't care if it's a super limited edition with loads of extras, the fact is 18 Blu-rays and 31 CD's are not worth that amount of money especially since half of the releases are just standard definition video upscaled for Blu-ray. The footage is not remastered at all, and for the videos shot in HD, well... they were already edited and downscaled for DVD since 2007 anyway so they waited all this time to release a Blu-ray box set that's not even truly complete - it's missing the lives from FIVE LIVE ARCHIVES 1 and 2 - oh yeah, I bet they're saving these for another Blu-ray box set years later. YesAsia has the individual Blu-rays and the box set up for preorder.

The different editions of 20th L'Anniversary World Tour, each with a CD that had 3 tracks was ridiculous enough already. Now they want to charge over €1,000 for old releases? Are Ki/oon really that desperate for money, and do they think L'Arc fans are stupid enough to buy the same things over and over again? I doubt any members of L'Arc approve of this release, much like what the company did earlier with the different versions of 20th L'Anniversary World Tour.

Quote    Reply   

#603 post_url

Dec 17 13 1:52 AM

Irodori wrote:
I know right, that's one thing I don't understand - Japanese singles, albums, DVDs, Blu-rays all cost a lot more than usual. I don't care if it's a super limited edition with loads of extras, the fact is 18 Blu-rays and 31 CD's are not worth that amount of money especially since half of the releases are just standard definition video upscaled for Blu-ray. The footage is not remastered at all, and for the videos shot in HD, well... they were already edited and downscaled for DVD since 2007 anyway so they waited all this time to release a Blu-ray box set that's not even truly complete - it's missing the lives from FIVE LIVE ARCHIVES 1 and 2 - oh yeah, I bet they're saving these for another Blu-ray box set years later. YesAsia has the individual Blu-rays and the box set up for preorder.

The different editions of 20th L'Anniversary World Tour, each with a CD that had 3 tracks was ridiculous enough already. Now they want to charge over €1,000 for old releases? Are Ki/oon really that desperate for money, and do they think L'Arc fans are stupid enough to buy the same things over and over again? I doubt any members of L'Arc approve of this release, much like what the company did earlier with the different versions of 20th L'Anniversary World Tour.
At least the 20th L'Anniversary edition fest was marked as "very limited", even CdJ was selling 1 copy for costumer only. And you know... World Tour thing to justify it. This is extreme to be honest, I guess the guys from L'Arc are just fed up of each other lol. Butterfly was a mess, the singles leading up to the album were almost pointless and they declined the 2012 Kouhaku... It took them 2 years from Drink It Down/Shine to release a single (bless), then over another year for Good luck my way... When they used to release stuff frequently (Link only one month after Awake anynone?). And now?

Quote    Reply   

#604 post_url

Dec 17 13 1:21 PM

You know, it seems like they don't care anymore, they filmed a documentary for the 2008 tour yet didn't even bother making one for last year's World Tour which was undoubtedly a milestone in their career. Fair enough, the 20th L'Anniverary editions were limited but this is more of a marketing gimmick to get more people to buy different copies before they run out of stock.

It seems they only do the bare minimum to please fans, especially when you look at the release of BUTTERFLY which was basically a greatest hits collection of singles from 2008 to 2011, with a few a leftover album tracks probably composed years ago. And with the exception of hyde doing his VAMPS stuff (one new single and old songs re-recorded in English - not exactly the most productive year), it's not like the members are super busy. Heck, ken has time to respond to tweets on Twitter each week, tetsuya pretty much disappeared from the public since last year and has remained in limbo, geek sleep sheep looks more like a part time thing for yukkie. You'd think they would have time to work on new songs for L'Arc, but nope.

Quote    Reply   

#605 post_url

Dec 17 13 5:44 PM

^I totally agree! Due to the release of the Butterfly singles, I really found it hard to get into it. I wasn't able to view it as an album because I had already heard the singles. Usually I hold off until the album, but the singles releases were so sporadic, I decided to give the songs a listen. The album just seemed like a bunch of songs chuck together. And there must have been some other older material we hadn't heard that could have been included to bump up the tracklisting.

I think they still enjoy touring together, it's just a shame they won't record any new material to go with it! (I didn't really count much of Butterfly as new by the time the tour rolled around!) I'm still surprised the FB continues to post updates about the next world tour. I really don't think this is coming anytime soon!

I doubt any members of L'Arc approve of this release, much like what the company did earlier with the different versions of 20th L'Anniversary World Tour.

I like to think not! (Although I wonder whether they approve of any release lol!)

I didn't know Ken was on Twitter - will have to look him up!

Quote    Reply   

#609 post_url

Jan 7 14 6:34 PM

This was totally unexpected. Can we expect a new song?

In other news, VAMPS have a new song recorded for an X-TRAIL car commercial and they will finally release a new album this year.

Quote    Reply   

#610 post_url

Jan 8 14 1:18 AM

Irodori wrote:
This was totally unexpected. Can we expect a new song? 62d368f563afbecf48a38e859604ca0eab627d29

In other news, VAMPS have a new song recorded for an X-TRAIL car commercial and they will finally release a new album this year.

It trully was... And I was asking myself the same thing, could they at least add a new song to the tracklist?

Awesome, while the best album released last year was an english version, a studio album is what I need from them. Their last single was easily my favorite from them.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#611 post_url

Jan 8 14 6:43 PM

This was totally unexpected. Can we expect a new song?

....so no hope of a new song then? ;)

Quote    Reply   

#613 post_url

Jan 9 14 8:44 PM

Pffft! I will be surprised if they do a World Tour in 2014 - I wouldn't expect it to reach us until 2015 at least. (I hope I get plenty notice though as my current job requires a month's notice for holidays...grr!)

Quote    Reply   

#614 post_url

Jan 28 14 7:33 PM

VAMPS will be holding a live concert on March 28th at KOKO in London, England

VAMPS held their 1st London concert at O2 Academy Islington last October. The concert was broadcast live in movie theaters across Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. It even received a special program on WOWOW.

Their 2nd London live will be held at KOKO, a live house that has staged many seasonal artists. Tickets are currently available for purchase via LIVE NATION.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/01/vamps-to-hold-their-2nd-london-concert-in-march

---------
I hope they'll play some new songs this time!

Quote    Reply   

#615 post_url

Feb 13 14 6:48 AM

I miss them!

I hope one day they will stop this hiatus thing between every album and focus on L'arc for a long time like the old days, It feels like they are more of a Supergroup now and not the normal band they used to be.

Quote    Reply   

#616 post_url

Mar 4 14 5:20 AM

3 - L’Aive Blu-ray BOX-Limited Edition- 3,738 3,738 14/2/26 KS 
L’Arc~en~Ciel

3,783 persons sold their legs to buy that box. smiley: roll

Quote    Reply   

#618 post_url

Mar 12 14 12:41 PM

So VAMPS released a new digital single called World's End which is just an English version of AHEAD - 90% of the lyrics in that song were in English anyway lol

In other news, the goods for L'Arc-en-Ciel LIVE 2014 have been revealed: http://www.larc-en-ciel.com/live2014/#c3
Yes, hyde still has those dreadlocks which he started using for L'Arc appearances since 2011.

Quote    Reply   

#619 post_url

Mar 12 14 6:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up on World's End!  I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Hyde's English on that song.

The merchandise reminds me of how soon the concerts are.  Can't wait to hear all about them!  (I wouldn't mind if they mixed up the set list either but beggars can't be choosers!!)

Quote    Reply   

#620 post_url

Mar 21 14 2:15 PM

Setlist for day 1 of live, there's a new song called EVERLASTING (ballad, maybe?)

1. get out from the shell
2. SEVENTH HEAVEN
3. REVELATION
4. GOOD LUCK MY WAY
5. BLESS
6. HONEY
7. winter fall
8. New World
9. READY STEADY GO
10. the Fourth Avenue Cafe
11. 未来世界
12. あなた
13. MY HEART DRAWS A DREAM
14. CHASE
15. XXX
16. wild flower
17. DRINK IT DOWN
18. EVERLASTING
19. Blame
20. Caress of Venus
21. Driver's High
22. Link
23. 虹

Here are the lyrics for EVERLASTING: https://twitter.com/LArc_ai_Citel/status/447051152173981696/photo/1
This is what the members of L'Arc looked like: https://twitter.com/tamarankeisuke/status/447019873575501825/photo/1 AND https://twitter.com/mayu_hi/status/447014965808222208/photo/1

Hoping that both days get released on DVD/Blu-ray this year. I don't want to wait for the next video box set smiley: tired

Last Edited By: Irodori Mar 21 14 2:17 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help