Remove this ad

#581 post_url

Feb 20 13 10:19 PM

I have to say I'm surprised by this best..I really love most if not all of the songs.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#582 post_url

Feb 20 13 11:32 PM

Loving the new tracks. Her vocals are very raw (especially on Tsutsumikomu Youni and Ashita e), hardly no editing. My only complain would be about INTO THE LIGHT. All I hear is WINTO ZE WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII, lol.

I feel like I'm not doing the material justice by listening to it through cheap headphones though, haha.

MISIA's first tour date is tonight. Her BS-Premium documentary airs tonight as well.

Quote    Reply   

#584 post_url

Feb 21 13 1:21 AM

Yeah this best was really put together well, I get a feeling MISIA had a lot of input on it, but maybe I'm wrong. I like how a lot of album-only tracks that are absolutely fantastic were chosen (太陽のマライカ, for example) and it really is an anniversary of the best of MISIA over the past 15 years. I really don't like Glory day though, and wish had they put one song from the Glory Day mini album, it would've been Key of Life. Also having つつみ込むように… felt unnecessary since there are a lot of great tracks from MFBS she could've added (like the classic "K.I.T." or "恋する季節").

Has anyone gotten the DVD? It looks like it's going to go out of stock, I think.

Quote    Reply   

#585 post_url

Feb 21 13 2:12 AM

Yeah I was really surprised about so many songs from GLORY DAY

I wonder how much this album was promoted in record shops across Japan. I remember when BoA had THE FACE out there were so many posters and flyers going everywhere in HMVs

As for the new tracks, yeah Ashita E and Tsuzumu definitely stands out, and CATCH THE RAINBOW is amazing with a decent headphone ^_^ and like previously mentioned I didn't think the original Tsuzumu was necessary. I think it was MISIA trying to show how her voice changed/progressed over the 15 years.

And I dislike MAWARE MAWARE to bits. I wish it wasn't as high-profiled

Last Edited By: MISIAscension Feb 21 13 2:28 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#586 post_url

Feb 21 13 10:26 AM

Hoshizora no Live VII 15th Celebration 2/21 Set list:

01. DEEPNESS
02. つつみ込むように・・・
03. Tell me
04. I'm over here~気づいて~
05. Cry
06. 新曲?
07. 星の銀貨
08. THE BEST OF TIME
MC
09. Everything (アコースティック ver.)
10. キスして抱きしめて
11. 恋は終わらないずっと
MC
12. 忘れない日々
13. 逢いたくていま
14. Back In Love Again
MC
15. MAWARE MAWARE
16. HOLIDAY
17. MELODY
アンコール
18. 果てなく続くストーリー
19. 明日へ
Wアンコール
20. THE GLORY DAY

Quote    Reply   

#587 post_url

Feb 21 13 11:02 PM

Does it show who her band is? Is it the same one that was in her Hoshizora no Live V and VI? Also is it the same strings section? Gen Ittetsu strings and Hoshizora no Orchestra? Because they put on a beautiful performance together in her previous Hoshizora no Live V and VI.

Last Edited By: mysaviorswords15 Feb 21 13 11:04 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#588 post_url

Feb 22 13 12:27 AM

Band: Aoyama Jun (drums), FUYU (drums), JINO (bass), Yamaguchi Shuhei (guitar), Tohru Shigemi (keyboard)
Backup singers: Hanah, Sawada Kaori, Lyn
Dancers: STEZO、TAKUYA

Last Edited By: sin Feb 22 13 10:03 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#590 post_url

Feb 22 13 12:24 PM

listened to the first disc last night and hot damn, who re-arranged CATCH THE RAINBOW?
one thing I wasn't too fond of though is how they lumped all the ballads together at the beginning and then had all the dance tracks lumped together.

I'm glad though that they included To Be In Love, that song is lovely, and I'm also glad that they chose SNOW SONG over IN MY SOUL.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#591 post_url

Feb 22 13 2:05 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
listened to the first disc last night and hot damn, who re-arranged CATCH THE RAINBOW?
Sakoshin (who also produced the original). He needs to become a regular collaborator again, he's amazing 043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#594 post_url

Feb 22 13 3:16 PM

sin wrote:
uncle Jemima wrote:
Sakoshin (who also produced the original). He needs to become a regular collaborator again, he's amazing 043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r

yeah i wasn't a huge fan of the original, i preferred THE LOWBROWS' remix (then again i'm a lowbrows stan so i'm biased) but this version is so awesome. also, the 15th ver. of tsutsumi komu no you ni or whatever it's called has made me like the song a lot more.

EDIT: what the bloody hell, MISIA, way to not put ANY LOVE on this album. this is a serious flaw that I cannot overlook. what makes me even more angry is that she chose Royal Chocolate Flush over that...masterpiece... smiley: mad I feel like Sea of Dreams should be on there too.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Feb 22 13 5:35 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#595 post_url

Feb 23 13 2:45 PM

Apparently Mezamashi TV crew was interviewing audience members at MISIA's concert.

Also, the new song MISIA performed is an uptempo song. Another Mezamashi TV tie-up, perhaps?

Quote    Reply   

#596 post_url

Feb 23 13 7:45 PM

^ Hmm, that sounds like that'll be the case!

I'm still obsessing over Catch the Rainbow remix! Makes me want to go back and listen to some of her remix albums (though I'm not usually a remix person)

Quote    Reply   

#598 post_url

Feb 24 13 12:08 AM

yes it appears so. It's so much more epic I love it. I'd play it in my car and while my mom initially got somewhat annoyed with her "never-ending dragging note in the end,"  she now finds MISIA amazing. 

Quote    Reply   

#600 post_url

Feb 25 13 10:37 PM

Congrats MISIA! That was long overdue!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help