Remove this ad

#201 post_url

Oct 21 12 7:09 PM

I'm excited too!
I also didn't expect it but it's more than welcome~
Looking forward to the solos and hopefully a little more spotlight for Marius and Sou in the album tracks~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#202 post_url

Oct 22 12 3:01 PM

It's definitely very sudden so soon after their new single! The tracklist is so awesome though, so many songs I really hoped would be there are, like GAME, If You Wanna Dance and Suki Sugite. I too hope to see Marius and Sou getting more lines!

I ordered both regular and limited editions because I couldn't resist. x_x

Quote    Reply   

seca

#203 post_url

Dec 31 12 9:17 PM

They seem to have decided to try a few new things with this year's JCD, one being that only NYC were brought over to Tokyo Dome so Arashi, TOKIO and Kanjani8 only had VTR segments that were recorded sometime earlier in the month. Not sure if I cared for that but without having to jump all over the place to show everyone it did not seem to be as messy as the past couple of years, as it was just switching between that VTR and the live Tokyo Dome footage.

They also dropped showing VTR of the underage group, which would have been Sexy Zone this year. Nakajima Kento being the only member of the group that was old enough to participate instead got to sing the one SZ solo and went over to his group mates sitting in the box during it. Them he just was popping up here and there on his own for the rest. I guess next year he will at least have Kikuchi Fuma with him.

Surprised that Yamapi and NEWS were both at the Tokyo Dome. They were kept pretty separate but Yamapi did get to hang out with Uchi Hiroki who was there as well. I think Johnny's must feel things are safe enough with the fans now that Yamapi and NEWS have made their comebacks post-split.

And I loved that the Kanjuu there got to perform a song, even if it is just a Kanjani8 cover. But they bring such energy to their performances it was one of the most fun performances of the concert, IMHO.

Did not mean to go so long with this so I shall cut things off here.

Quote    Reply   

#205 post_url

Jan 8 13 7:24 PM

I wasn't really expecting much from Sexy Zone's first album but there are a couple great songs (which they've probably performed before but I didn't listen to)
IF YOU WANNA DANCE and Suki Sugite are definitely my favorites
And I enjoyed the DVD interview in Vegas as well
Also I'm really enjoying Sou's voice and wish he would get to sing more

Quote    Reply   

seca

#206 post_url

Mar 17 13 6:46 PM

I think the old man has officially fallen off the deep end now. It was announced that he wants to debut a 40 member unit in 2020 (for the Olympics that year) called Twenty Twenty. The ages for the group will be between 7 and 20, which means born in the years between 2000 and 2013.

I guess on the plus side the members of the group will be taken from both the Tokyo and Kansai Juniors.

But still, wtf Johnny, wtf.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

seca

#208 post_url

Mar 18 13 12:54 AM

Yep, it was reported on all the morning programs and here is the Nikkan Sports article for it.

Though I guess one issue that can be questioned is when this group will debut. I am just getting mainly bits here and there as my Japanese is limited but it is possible this group is getting formed later this year and the 2020 thing is Johnny wanting to show his support for the 2020 Olympic bid for Tokyo.

If that is the case then it is the Juniors in the agency now that are between 7-20 which would sorta make me happy, yet not.

Last Edited By: seca Mar 18 13 1:46 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

seca

#210 post_url

Mar 18 13 11:45 AM

Okay got some more information on the group, it is indeed set to debut in 7 years but starting this year they will start announcing candidates for the group. In fact I am hearing they already announced some at the Shounen Club taping for April's episodes. The candidates of course may not make the final cut but that is their aim.

And yes, I do think the old man has lost it and hope this is what he plans to be his final project for the agency.

On another note, Nakajima Kento will be starring in the late night NTV drama for next season, Bad Boys J. Sexy Zone will be releasing their next single on May 1st, which will include the theme song for the drama, Bad Boys, as well as another A-side, Real Sexy!

Last Edited By: seca Mar 18 13 11:47 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#212 post_url

Mar 19 13 10:14 PM

seca wrote:
Okay got some more information on the group, it is indeed set to debut in 7 years but starting this year they will start announcing candidates for the group. In fact I am hearing they already announced some at the Shounen Club taping for April's episodes. The candidates of course may not make the final cut but that is their aim.

And yes, I do think the old man has lost it and hope this is what he plans to be his final project for the agency.
And what happens when if Tokyo doesn't get the 2020 Olympics? (We can only pray they don't. Japan has so many other things they should be focusing on...) 

Hell, in 7 years, the old man may not even be around...=X

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help