Remove this ad

#1422 post_url

Jan 16 17 1:15 AM

^ Interesting remix, always wanted to hear another m-flo remix of a Utada song after the remix they did for Distance. 

All these remixes though! And by prominent producers and DJs in the Japan music industry! It's like Utada's (un)intentionally started a remix movement or something for her music haha I wonder if any of these remixes are actually sanctioned by her (aside from the ones by PUNPEE of course) like the tofubeats one for Michi and this one for Nijikan Dake no Vacance. It would be interesting if she surprised us with a remix album or something, following this release of the Hikari -Ray of Hope MIX- EP. *cough* now would be an amazing time to reveal SAKURA Drops -Sonic Sprout Mix- and COLORS -Godson Mix- officially *cough* *dreams* *coughs again* (Although I am in self-denial because I seriously don't think a remix album would be beneficial to further her career at this stage... she'd need this to be a one-off side project that's separate from her actual discography to make this work I think)

sora2522 wrote:
I do really like the effects on the voice too! It makes it sounds a little fresh too, I almost thought they were new vocals for a hot second haha. And yeah, the P's CLUB MIX was a looooot more chill than expected. I do wonder if they really are gonna have it be the ending song for 2.8 then....
As much as it would be amazing, I don't think we'll ever see her re-record any of her songs, even to the day she retires... although, her alternate takes like the ones for Eternally -Drama Mix-, are always a welcome listen hehe

I preordered the JP version of the game and can confirm the P's CLUB MIX is not the ending... although with all the spoiler videos uploaded online, you might know this already! lol and the unbelievable part of people already having their English copies... really makes me wonder what the release date stagger's all about... (sorry, off topic haha...)

Last Edited By: blue490246 Jan 16 17 1:29 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1423 post_url

Jan 16 17 3:20 AM

Tbh I really don't hear much of a difference between the album version and the drama mix for Eternally lolol
WHat IS the ending, if I may ask? (I need to pick up a copy soon...)

Quote    Reply   

#1425 post_url

Jan 17 17 1:26 AM

sora2522 wrote:
Tbh I really don't hear much of a difference between the album version and the drama mix for Eternally lolol
WHat IS the ending, if I may ask? (I need to pick up a copy soon...)
There's the ad-lib part right after the first chorus that she sings slightly differently as a less subtle difference. I'd say her vocals on the Drama Mix are slightly more emotional vs. the ones she chose for the album were more "safe" and reserved in a sense, probably for more accuracy from an expectations standpoint when it came to live performances, but that could also be me trying to pull more than just shit out of my ass haha

The ending is unfortunately nothing special, just Hikari / Simple & Clean again, guess they figured if we're invested enough to beat the game, then the music doesn't really matter at the end lol... although it kinda fits the mood better (than the P's CLUB MIX would have, to say the least lol). The Ray of Hope Mix on the other hand was to get people to play the game.

EDIT: Just read on her official site that she helped co-produce a new single for THE BACK HORN titled "あなたが待ってる" (Anata ga Matteru). It's set to release February 22nd. Does anyone actually know about how she ended up collaborating with them before, like for One Night Magic? Guess this is a bit of a return the favour kinda thing? Interesting the direction she's taking with her music career. Is this the first time she's co-produced a song for someone?

92f449041c294d3c53f9d96ef7c6c703.jpg

Last Edited By: blue490246 Jan 17 17 1:48 AM. Edited 6 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1426 post_url

Jan 17 17 2:58 AM

LOL, way to get me check out a band I had no intersing in. I never realized that the guy on One Night Magic was from this band. And I agree, this is very unusual for Hikki, guess she wanted to try new things this time around.

Quote    Reply   

#1427 post_url

Jan 17 17 9:56 AM

TBH site talks more about the production and how Hikki was involved on it. There's even a message written by her.

They spent 4 days in studio working in the song and it has her backing vocals too.

http://www.thebackhorn.com/news/p/detail/s_id/2/d_c_id/1/id/21477/

THE BACK HORN and Utada Hikaru have co-produced a song called "Anata ga Matteru". It will be released as the band's new single on February 22.

The two sides have been acquainted for some time. Yamada Masashi (Vo) was featured in Utada Hikaru's song "One Night Magic feat. Yamada Masashi", and the singer has attended THE BACK HORN's live performances in the past. While coming up with the melody for the song, Suganami Eijun (G) "heard Masashi singing together with Utada Hikaru." As such, the band approached Utada with a demo, and she willingly agreed to participate. Further, Utada expressed her wishes of "coming up with the lyrics and arrangement together," and ended up lending her hand with not just the lyrics and arrangement, but also with piano and background vocals. As you might imagine, many opinions went around during the 4-day recording period. 

On the song's release, Suginami commented, "To say it frankly, I am happy to be alive. By continuing to make music and live life without giving up, a moment like this comes along. The short but rich days of making music with Utada Hikaru is my life treasure." Meanwhile, Utada said, "I was happy to make a promise based on the feeling of making a good song with everyone. Moreover, I hope the feelings that Eijun-san put into this song would reach many people.

Besides the title track, the single will include "Hajimari no Uta" as the coupling song. The limited edition DVD will contain the PV for "Anata ga Matteru". 

source: Tokyohive

Last Edited By: raito7 Jan 17 17 11:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1428 post_url

Jan 17 17 5:45 PM

Hey that's pretty cool!

I wonder how her touch will sound as a producer and backing vocalist.
A while back, maybe around Exodus, she mentioned in a magazine that she'd like to try producing (I think she specifically mentioned that she'd like to try producing for regular pop acts like Britney Spears), so I'm not surprised to see her moving that way.

Quote    Reply   

#1436 post_url

Jan 19 17 10:40 AM

Really like the simplicity of this video, and yeah, also surprised she went with this song. Although I think the song was pretty well received by fans and she's seemed to deliver many times on what fans want - ie. her WILD LIFE concert with non-single tracks, Evangelion, KH for a couple examples off the top of my head. I just wish they did a shot together cuz it looks like they filmed their scenes separately, which is a bummer but understandable with scheduling. but the PV overall was done very nicely. Simple yet beautiful.

Quote    Reply   

#1437 post_url

Jan 20 17 10:21 AM

^It rather has to do with the fact that she is staying in Europe most of the time . which, for me, is totally understandable and ok. It turned out great and is a bonus to a great record.

Isn't this one of the biggest J-pOp forums? Do you really think she never read this? I bet she does. 
I could imagine that certain artist stop reading or at least answering to reaction, cause well...it will probably break you. But when you got time on your hands, wouldn't you give in the temptation? Maybe she is one of those that always call her lazy lol

Quote    Reply   

#1438 post_url

Jan 20 17 10:28 AM

blue490246 wrote:

EDIT: Just read on her official site that she helped co-produce a new single for THE BACK HORN titled "あなたが待ってる" (Anata ga Matteru). It's set to release February 22nd. Does anyone actually know about how she ended up collaborating with them before, like for One Night Magic? Guess this is a bit of a return the favour kinda thing? Interesting the direction she's taking with her music career. Is this the first time she's co-produced a song for someone?

oh gosh, "producer" is already an ambiguous enough term, what the heck does a CO-producer do?
i wouldn't think so much of it as returning the favour, i guess she must be friends with Yamada Masashi/other members in the band
EDIT: never mind, i didn't see the post by raito before i made this post.

Last Edited By: auntJemima Jan 20 17 10:31 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1439 post_url

Jan 23 17 2:17 AM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
Isn't this one of the biggest J-pOp forums? Do you really think she never read this? I bet she does. 
I could imagine that certain artist stop reading or at least answering to reaction, cause well...it will probably break you. But when you got time on your hands, wouldn't you give in the temptation? Maybe she is one of those that always call her lazy lol

I'm sorry, but I died laughing out loud at this. This forum is pretty much dead, I believe AHS is still the biggest one even if it's Ayu centric. And I don't see Hikki as narcissistic person who would google herself let alone read some forum thread.

Quote    Reply   

#1440 post_url

Jan 23 17 6:25 AM

Ayu on the other hand...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help