Remove this ad

#1161 post_url

Aug 26 16 12:07 AM

Maybe we'll get a music video?? :O

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1162 post_url

Aug 31 16 11:40 PM

^ lol you might be right actually, new News tidbit on Utada's website - apparently there will be a "new" PV for Hanataba wo Kimi ni. I still hope for another single though...

From her site:
9/2 AM4:00よりHIKKI'S WEB SITEにて「花束を君に」新PV公開予定
お楽しみに!

同じく 9月2日6時~ SmartNewsエンタメタブにてスマホ版「花束を君に」MV公開予定

Quote    Reply   

#1164 post_url

Sep 1 16 7:41 PM

Looks like our wishes have been granted.

uh-hwkm-PVscreenshot.jpg

Short Version of the PV can be seen here (only plays in Japan unfortunately) - so far, it's fully black and white, the video cuts off at the bridge to the final chorus, but this definitely goes with the Fantome cover. Simplistic video with good cinematography.

Quote    Reply   

#1167 post_url

Sep 1 16 10:03 PM

^ i think Gyao Yahoo is a big site in Japan, but I agree that the marketing team should be thinking to promote on a grander scale. I don't know Japanese culture too well (and by no means do I mean this in an offensive way) but I would think it's still the idea that they'd like to favour their own people first, hence the Japanese site exclusives. I suppose this isn't also a "Japanese only" incident since we do this a lot in the Americas as well.

That being said, her album is Japanese and probably still majorly appeals to the Japanese audiences. They'll be the ones most likely to purchase the album, even people in Japan who have never heard of her or aren't fans of her. From a marketing standpoint, to push something international, having an album with every song title in Japanese isn't exactly the easiest (or best) sell. If anything, they know the people who are interested overseas are fans of her already and either have preordered the album or will purchase her album as soon as it is available overseas.

EDIT: Low and behold, JPS already has the full version from SSTV. Looks like the MV is completely in black and white even in the end. 

Quote    Reply   

#1168 post_url

Sep 2 16 9:27 PM

First interview after hiatus translated by U.Blog

Quote    Reply   

#1169 post_url

Sep 3 16 12:31 PM

The PV is lovely and I really liked the interview, glad she gave us some insight in the writing of this album. All my love and support to her.

Quote    Reply   

#1170 post_url

Sep 3 16 1:11 PM

Interesting that she would have influences like Off Course and Tulip, would have never thought she'd do that. Same with Steppenwolf for the sighs hahaa

I think, now especially with the interview, the whole theme of this album being a tribute to her mother and being authentically "Japanese" sounding and trying to make "beautiful Japanese sounds" really flows well together. Interested to see how she uses "breath" in her other songs and how it plays as a mini-theme. Based on Hanataba wo Kimi ni, I feel like the breath there meant literally taking a deep breath before the start of something new, but also like breathing life into something. Really excited to listen to the final product, I'm hoping she'll release previews at some point before the actual album release date.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1172 post_url

Sep 7 16 10:38 AM

Apparently the NEWS ZERO interview will be aired in October?

Her other two TV appearances:
09/22 SONGS (She'll perform "Michi", "Hanataba no Kimi wo" and "Tomodachi")
09/30 Love music Tokubetsu hen (Special Edition) Utada Hikaru ~Liner Notes~ (Looks like an interview with other artists asking her questions.)

Quote    Reply   

#1173 post_url

Sep 7 16 4:19 PM

Wow, she really does not look 33yrs old. So mesmerizing. I'm glad to hear that she'll be doing some performances as well. The Liner Notes special sounds pretty interesting too

(Why does the younger reporter guy kinda look like ARASHI's Ohno? XD)

Quote    Reply   

#1174 post_url

Sep 7 16 11:48 PM

sora2522 wrote:
Wow, she really does not look 33yrs old. So mesmerizing. I'm glad to hear that she'll be doing some performances as well. The Liner Notes special sounds pretty interesting too

(Why does the younger reporter guy kinda look like ARASHI's Ohno? XD)

Sakurai Sho is part of the News Zero cast

Quote    Reply   

#1178 post_url

Sep 10 16 7:56 PM

Also, Teruzane confirmed 2 more new MVs and they're considering a third one.

Maybe she'll release a new single in the Music Station day or at the same day as Hanataba wo Kimi ni MV release in iTunes.

Quote    Reply   

#1180 post_url

Sep 13 16 4:18 AM

Yeah holy... that's a lot of MVs lol. I wonder if one of the other two will be for "Manatsu no Tooriame". The footage they used for that original MV though was beautiful tho. Maybe the third one for "Michi"? 

In other news, there's a new remix of "Hikari" called the "Ray of Hope MIX" that was just released on a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Bit of a surprise, I wonder if this will be released (along with the Godson Mix of COLORS -_______-). This is so nostalgic though, especially the beginning, but it's also definitely a more "contemporalized" version I'd say. I guess if her new stuff won't get your attention, her old stuff will lol. 

Last Edited By: blue490246 Sep 13 16 5:45 AM. Edited 5 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help