Tags : :

NEW RELEASE

NEW DVD SINGLE
Release Dates: Digital 17/12/12 : Physical DVD 26/12/12
cd56c818.jpg

桜流し

1. 「桜流し」   Utada Hikaru Utada Hikaru & Paul Carter   4:41
2. 「桜流し (Instrumental」     Utada Hikaru & Paul Carter   4:40

Single DVD from Hikaru Utada contains the end credit theme song for the animation film "Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo." First press comes with a B2 poster with illustration of Hikaru Utada newly drawn by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

宇多田ヒカル、『ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版: Q』テーマソングとなるDVDシングル発売決定! 11月17日その全貌がベールを脱ぎ公開初日を迎えた『ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版: Q』のテーマソングが前作に続き宇多田ヒカルの書き下ろした新曲『桜流し』である。現在「人間活動」中の宇多田ヒカル。しかし、映画制作スタッフからの熱 烈な要望と、前二作の劇場版テーマ・ソングを手がけている宇多田ヒカルの「ヱヴァ」に対する深い思い入れからこの曲が完成した。「序」「破」のテーマソン グとは異なり、せつなく美しく、文学的な気品に満ちた命に対するレクイエムとなっている。

Biography

Utada Hikaru born January 19, 1983, known by her stage name Utada in America and Europe is a Japanese/American singer, song writer, arranger, and producer. Since the release of her debut album First Love, which went on to become the best-selling album in Oricon history, Utada has had three of her Japanese studio albums in the list of Top 10 best-selling albums ever in Japan (number 1, 4, 8) and six of her albums (including one English-language and one compilation) charting within the275 Best-Selling Japanese albums list. Utada has had twelve number-one singles on the Oricon Singles chart, with two notable record achievements for a female solo or group artist: five million-sellers and four in the Top 100 All-Time Best-selling Singles. Utada has an estimated more than 52 million records sold worldwide.

She was described by Time Magazine as a "Diva On Campus," a reference to her having attended Columbia University for a brief, career-break semester in 2000. In 2009, she was considered "the most influential artist of the decade" in the Japanese landscape by The Japan Times. In 2003, Utada was ranked number 24 in the survey of Top 100 Japanese Pop Artists of All Time by HMV, number 10 in HMV's Top 30 Best Japanese Singers of All Time in 2006. 

Additionally, Utada is most well known in the West for making two theme song contributions to Square Enix And Disney's collaborative video game series Kingdom Hearts: "Simple and Clean" (which is the re-written English version of her 10th Japanese single Hikari) for Kingdom Hearts and "Passion" for Kingdom Hearts II (later re-recorded with new English lyrics as "Sanctuary" for the North American and European releases of the game). In 2007, her single "Flavor Of Life" reached number 2 in worldwide digital download yearly single chart with over 7.2 million downloads, and contributes to 12 million digital sales for her over the same year.

Hikaru Utada
JAPANESE STUDIO ALBUMS

1. First Love [March 9, 1999]
2. DISTANCE [March 28, 2001]
3. DEEP RIVER [June 19, 2002]
4. ULTRA BLUE [June 14, 2006]
5. HEART STATION [March 19, 2008]

JAPANESE COMPILATION ALBUMS
1. Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION VOL. 1 [March 31, 2004]
2. Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.2 [November 24, 2010]

UTADA
ENGLISH STUDIO ALBUMS
1. EXODUS [September 8, 2004]
2. This Is The One [March 14, 2009]

ENGLISH COMPLICATION ALBUMS
1. Utada The Best [November 24, 2010]

Cubic U
1. Precious [January 28, 1998]
Hikaru Utada Live DVD
1. BOHEMIAN SUMMER 2000 [December 9, 2000]
2. Utada Hikaru Unplugged [November 28, 2001]
3. Utada Hikaru In BudoKan 2005 [July 28, 2004]
4. UTADA UNITED 2006 [December 20, 2006]
5. UTADA HIKARU WILD LIFE [April 20, 2011]

UTADA Live
1. Utada: In The Flesh 2010 January 15 - February 12, 2010 
Links

http://www.youtube.com/user/hikki
http://twitter.com/#!/utadahikaru/
http://www.emimusic.jp/hikki/
http://www.u3music.com/

Last Edited By: luminaire . Edited 25 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Apr 17 11 8:44 AM

I was almost forgetting that WL DVD is coming this week. I wonder if the concert edit will be the same shown on TV or it's different, but I guess it's gonna be the same.

And I'm waiting for some confirmation of ITF tour release after WL Blu-Ray is released.

Quote    Reply   

nanakopy87

JPC Admin

#2 post_url

Apr 17 11 12:02 PM

me too.almost forgotten that the DVD will release this wednesday.i hope that they will at least improve the editing at least abit.wonder if they will release OS press for the DVD or not

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Apr 17 11 12:52 PM

The live was boring, she was just standing/sitting there singing, occasionally moving on some upbeat songs. Considering that it's the last live before her hiatus, it's all rather underwhelming.

Quote    Reply   

#6 post_url

Apr 17 11 3:16 PM

^Yeah, but I think if he already got the rights they'll wait for a while to release it.

It looks that someone already got it in Hong Kong, and the package doesn't look that bad: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.a...591_6734174_224773_n.jpg

And this is best news, if it means we're getting a new song:

UBlog
According to @u3music it appears that @utadahikaru is planning something music related to #helpjapan #utada
32 minutes ago

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Apr 17 11 5:19 PM

Irodori wrote:
The live was boring, she was just standing/sitting there singing, occasionally moving on some upbeat songs. Considering that it's the last live before her hiatus, it's all rather underwhelming.
Boring... but it made you appreciate the music more, which is what she's about. I really liked it. 3f1268864eb694bb8b9948c131757f941a97c5a3_r
Also, new song yay!!! At least, I hope so.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Sakura10

Change your avatar to 100x100 to regain it. 

#11 post_url

Apr 17 11 5:30 PM

raito7 wrote:
And this is best news, if it means we're getting a new song:

UBlog
According to @u3music it appears that @utadahikaru is planning something music related to #helpjapan #utada
32 minutes ago
Please let it be a new song!

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Apr 18 11 1:31 AM

if anything, the closest thing to a new song would most probably be a remix of some kind, like the PlanitB Acoustica Mix of Beautiful World, or a rearrangement of some kind. A new song would be nice though haha

Quote    Reply   

toLOVE29

Return Road Episode II

#18 post_url

Apr 18 11 10:22 AM

If she's ever going to release another song I don't know why, but I get this feeling it might be another ballad.

Quote    Reply   

kurify

#20 post_url

Apr 18 11 7:36 PM

It'll be "Fight The Blues" ~relief remix~ or some crazy thing. I'd love it to be a new song as that would raise the most money, but it is Utada.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help