Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Apr 17 11 12:53 PM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
aren't nearly 80% of her songs about love?

That's Koda Kumi. You're in the wrong thread. When it comes to actual relationship songs, Ayu doesn't have that many.

Remove this ad

#24 post_url

Apr 17 11 1:14 PM

toLOVE29 wrote:
Not to go off topic, but to me all Kuuchie songs is about sex E9016b63bb498b99cde139a855d3294f5539176d_r

Everybody hears what (s)he wants to hear... smiley: tongue

I didn't really thought this would happen, but I'm starting to look forward to the remix albums!

#26 post_url

Apr 17 11 1:24 PM

njanjayrp wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
aren't nearly 80% of her songs about love?

That's Koda Kumi. You're in the wrong thread. When it comes to actual relationship songs, Ayu doesn't have that many.
because love perfectly equals relationships. smart one you are.

#27 post_url

Apr 17 11 2:11 PM

ayukuuangel wrote:
Well Sunset was written as a song about a love of a daughter to her father (and Sunrise about a father love to its daughter) according to ayu.

Maybe Like a doll? Maybe it could be seen as someone fell in love with someone who doesn't show feelings at all.
Are you serious! Where did she say that? That's really interesting considering her relationship with her father, it would certainly add another dimension to the songs (which almost ruin RnRC for me xD)

toLOVE29

Return Road Episode II

#28 post_url

Apr 17 11 2:32 PM

I think Sunrise + Sunset shoulda never had gone on RnRC those 2 songs sound better on NEXT LEVEL to be honest. And MOON + blossom sound better on RnRC.

#30 post_url

Apr 17 11 2:56 PM

That remix sounds better than anything on the trance album.  Has anyone else listened to it?  The way they lowered her voice on the "CAROLS" remix is whack. .-.

victurtle wrote:
ayukuuangel wrote:
Well Sunset was written as a song about a love of a daughter to her father (and Sunrise about a father love to its daughter) according to ayu.

Maybe Like a doll? Maybe it could be seen as someone fell in love with someone who doesn't show feelings at all.
Are you serious! Where did she say that? That's really interesting considering her relationship with her father, it would certainly add another dimension to the songs (which almost ruin RnRC for me xD)

It makes sense since "Sunrise~LOVE is ALL~" was used as the theme song for Dandy Daddy.  Is it normal for her to get requests for certain types of lyrics?  It just seems like it'd be too much of a coincidence for her to not get some kind of request, and she probably just went and wrote a similar theme for "Sunset~LOVE is ALL~" even though it had a different tie-in.

Remove this ad

ayukuuangel

#31 post_url

Apr 17 11 2:57 PM

victurtle wrote:
ayukuuangel wrote:

She wrote it after reading the script of the Dandy Daddy comedy drama which portrays in its story a relationship of a single father between his daughter.

#32 post_url

Apr 17 11 3:24 PM

Aa thanks banfan and ayukuuangel. I forgot it was written for that drama. I wonder if the lyrics represent the type of relationship she desired, or if she was just putting the drama themes into singable phrases

#33 post_url

Apr 17 11 4:50 PM

So far the trance album is pretty good. Far away, monochrome, Endless sorrow and CAROLS are my fave ones.

Last Edited By: njanjayrp Apr 17 11 5:31 PM. Edited 1 time.

zeopower6

#34 post_url

Apr 17 11 6:07 PM

BanFan wrote:
It makes sense since "Sunrise~LOVE is ALL~" was used as the theme song for Dandy Daddy.  Is it normal for her to get requests for certain types of lyrics?  It just seems like it'd be too much of a coincidence for her to not get some kind of request, and she probably just went and wrote a similar theme for "Sunset~LOVE is ALL~" even though it had a different tie-in.

Dandy Daddy also used Sunset during a few episodes. I imagine that since Sunrise's "old" A-side was scrapped due to pissing Ayu off/frustrating her, they figured they could also use Sunset's sister track for emotional moments during the show.

[Yeah, I watched Dandy Daddy all the way through, lol.]

#35 post_url

Apr 17 11 6:18 PM

Didn't Ayu say that Ayu writes about Freedom and Love during I am..?. Allthough I'm not sure which word she used in japanese for "love" and what it truly encompasses, there are so many facets to the notion of "love" and so many potential situations where it plays an essential role, it's hardly a limiting subject to choose. ;-) Her topics changed a lot through out her career as well, it wasen't untill I am .. she started to take on bigger subjectst that deal with society as a whole, she went from "me" to "we". After RAINBOW, it's been more of a mix hasen't it and much more about the traditional love song kind of lyrics hasen't it?

Freedom in the right hand, Love in the left
We'll walk on, embracing both, and stumbling from time to time.

toLOVE29

Return Road Episode II

#36 post_url

Apr 17 11 6:24 PM

I don't know to me everything on "I am..." is about fighting for freedom and I was kinda sad that Free&Easy didn't make on the album.

#37 post_url

Apr 17 11 6:43 PM

zeopower6 wrote:
[Yeah, I watched Dandy Daddy all the way through, lol.]

Is it good ? I remember reading it kinda flopped ?

zeopower6

#38 post_url

Apr 17 11 9:02 PM

Freedom and Love were in UNITE!.

"Jiyuu wo migi te something... ai nara... hidari te.. something"

And Dandy Daddy is a sweet story. Lots of funny moments in it. Didn't exactly flop but it wasn't a smash hit by any means. I recommend it if you like sappy stories~ The Chairman from Iron Chef is in it!

Personally, with Ayu and her lyrics... I feel that no matter what you're going through, there's an song for you at that moment in your life that seems perfectly tailored for your situation. ASFXX probably had some of her most personal self-referential songs when it came to her own battles in life (arguably Rock'n'Roll Circus went back there as well, I think) as opposed to her ~all encompassing~ themes in later albums. I wish we had some Ayu translations from her 1998-2002 era stuff... she certainly elaborates on the creation of all sorts of things involving production and etc. in the translations I've seen recently from 2003 onward and it'd be sooo nice to get more insight on some tracks/PVs/albums/whatever.

You are there, I am here
That's all, that's everything

--flower garden

Last Edited By: zeopower6 Apr 17 11 9:07 PM. Edited 1 time.

zeopower6

#40 post_url

Apr 17 11 10:02 PM

Oh my GOD SHAKING AND CRYING SHAKING AND CRYING SHAKING AND CRYING SHAKING AND CRYING SHAKING AND CRYING SHAKING AND CRYING SHAKING AND CRYING

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help