Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Apr 30 11 7:55 AM

Glad to see Sonar Pocket is still doing fine.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#25 post_url

May 1 11 11:23 AM

Dear seems to be doing very well. It's holding on strongly on the Chaku Uta Full charts, so I'm hoping it will go Platinum like ALWAYS and Ichiban, or at least Gold. It's also not doing badly on the Chaku Uta charts, so I'm secretly hoping it'll become her first song since Orion to be certified there!

Kazoe Uta should have a ginormous certification already. They might not plan on certifying it, though, since it's for charity.

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

May 1 11 6:47 PM

nackar wrote:
Kazoe Uta should have a ginormous certification already. They might not plan on certifying it, though, since it's for charity.

Might be, but I hope they will. I want to see it certified. smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

May 1 11 10:07 PM

RIAJ doesn't care about the purpose of the song. I believe as long as you release it through RIAJ-affiliated download portals, then, they will certify it when it reached that particular level.

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

May 2 11 5:08 AM

River wrote:
RIAJ doesn't care about the purpose of the song. I believe as long as you release it through RIAJ-affiliated download portals, then, they will certify it when it reached that particular level.
Glad to know.

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

May 2 11 5:21 AM

River wrote:

But the RIAJ doesn't just automatically certify something once it's reached the sales/shipment threshold. The record company itself has to aply AND pay for the certification. Mr. Children's company might decide it's not really appropriate to gdt a charity song certified. Not saying they will or that I think they shouldn't, just pointing out a possibility.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

May 2 11 1:37 PM

nackar wrote:
River wrote:

But the RIAJ doesn't just automatically certify something once it's reached the sales/shipment threshold. The record company itself has to aply AND pay for the certification. Mr. Children's company might decide it's not really appropriate to gdt a charity song certified. Not saying they will or that I think they shouldn't, just pointing out a possibility.
I didn't know that you have to pay extra for certification. I always thought as long as your record company is a member of RIAJ (which is literally everyone), then, RIAJ will give out certification and do a market analysis for you. It's always be my belief that you pay the association to become its member, thus, certification is part of the membership benefit. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

May 2 11 4:30 PM

As far as I know, that's how it works in most of the world. : o

Even if it does work differently money-wise, I am 100% certain the record company itself applies for a certification, though.

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#32 post_url

May 2 11 5:16 PM

That explains why Lady Gaga's The Fame in the UK is only 4x Platinum certified when a Platinum for an album in the UK is 300,000 sales and The Fame+monster has 2.4million+ sales....

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

May 7 11 1:57 PM

Oricon wrote:
That explains why Lady Gaga's The Fame in the UK is only 4x Platinum certified when a Platinum for an album in the UK is 300,000 sales and The Fame+monster has 2.4million+ sales....

Yup! Likewise, Rihanna's S&M has sold over 2 million downloads in the US but has no certification yet. In this case, it might just be that they're expecting it to go 3 x Platinum and avoid buying 2 certification. Under-certification is very common, though. There's nothing like hard sales so I wish we got them for Japan D :

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

May 13 11 3:04 AM

http://www.riaj.or.jp/data/others/gold/201104.html

April Physical Shipping Certifications

Domestic Albums

Cert Title Artist Release date Manufacturer
Platinum Ketsunopolis 7 Ketsumeishi 20110316 Toys Factory
Platinum VOCALIST & BALLADE BEST Tokunaga Hideaki
20110426 Universal Music
Gold Doumo Oda Kazumasa
20110420 Ariola Japan
Gold Road Show Matsutoya Yumi
20110406 EMI Music Japan

Domestic Singles
CertTitleArtistRelease dateManufacturer
Platinum T.W.L/Yellow Pansy Street Kanjani8 20110420 Teichiku Entertainment
Gold MR.TAXI / Run Devil Run Shojo Jidai
20110427 Universal Music
Gold Let me cry Jang Keunsuk 20110427 Pony Canyon
Gold Eni o Yuite
Domoto Tsuyoshi
20110406 Johnny's Entertainment
Gold Sayonara Kazu Darake no Hibi yo B'z 20110413 Being

Domestic DVDs
Gold KANJANI∞LIVE TOUR 2010→2011 8UPPERS Kanjani8
20110413 Teichiku Entertainment

International Albums
CertTitleArtistRelease dateManufacturer
Gold Hands All Over
Maroon 5
20100915 Universal Music
Gold Loud Rihanna 20110119 Universal Music

International Singles
Gold Jet Coaster Love KARA 20110406 Universal Music

Where the hell is Checkmate?! Plus, why are Kara still listed as non-domestic?

Quote    Reply   

#35 post_url

May 13 11 3:08 AM

http://www.riaj.or.jp/dat.../weekly_chart/2011f.html

The past two weeks on RIAJ's chaku-uta full charts:

Position Last week position Name Artist
-
not alone ~Shiawase ni Narou yo~
SMAP
Dear
Nakashima Mika
-
Kazoku ni Narou yo
Fukuyama Masaharu
-
Ano Taiyou ga, Kono Sekai o Terashitsuzukeru You ni.
Kobukuro
MR.TAXI
Shojo Jidai
-
Itoshiki Hibi yo
Hirai Ken
-
I loved you feat. HIROKO
WISE
Jet Coaster Love
KARA
Love Letter. ~Itsudatte Aitakute~
Sonar Pocket
Hyakuman-kai no 「I love you」 Rake
-
LOVE SONG
Sandaime J Soul Brothers
-
UNUSUAL
Amuro Namie feat. Yamashita Tomohisa
Wonder Woman
Amuro Namie feat. AI & Tsuchiya Anna
-
Haruka
SCANDAL
Let's try again
Team Amuse!!
Brave
Naoto Into Raymi
Suki Da yo. ~Hyakkai no Koukai~ Sonar Pocket
Let me cry
Jang Keunsuk
-
Sayonara Kizu Darake no Hibi yo
B'z
make it happen
Amuro Namie feat.AFTERSCHOOL

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

May 13 11 5:28 AM

I suppose that, since Checkmate! was only released near the end of the month, Avex preferred to wait for the May certifications. Or they were lazy.

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

May 17 11 4:18 AM

Oricon wrote:
Namie has no certifications yet

To be honest, I could personally care less about Japanese certifications for physical sales, considering we have the actual sales numbers

The digital certifications, on the other hand, are vital. Why a country like Japan that was on the forefront of digital music doesn't release actual sales numbers is beyond me.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

May 17 11 4:30 AM

Sometimes the physical certs show really interesting things, though. Like with Utada's Be My Last single:

Oricon sales: 151,000 (after 16 weeks charting)
RIAJ shipping certification: double platinum (500,000+)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help