Remove this ad

#1281 post_url

Oct 17 13 6:12 PM

With this song, she's at least trying to penetrate the right market. The urban/r&b underground scene has gotten a lot of cred in the past few years with bitches like Miguel making it big. If the right hipsters like her, she could definitely create a buzz.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1282 post_url

Oct 17 13 7:20 PM

It's a tight jam for her fans, but this new song might not be the best thing for the US radio market.
I found her U.S Management/Booking e-mail somewhat troubling: crystalkayusa@gmail.com

Really Universal? You can't spare a domain address for Kuri?

Quote    Reply   

#1284 post_url

Oct 17 13 8:08 PM

Girl needs a contract with an US label. If talentless girls like Kesha can get it, why can't she get it? Even SNSD was able to get signed with Interscope.

Quote    Reply   

#1285 post_url

Oct 18 13 10:17 AM

"Talent" isn't the only factor in getting a record contract.
But the real question is what does Kuri want for her debut, and does that require a record contract?
Not every answer requires a major label backing her.

Quote    Reply   

#1286 post_url

Oct 19 13 7:25 PM

So first off, who even said this was an American Debut? Don't you think she'd release an english song for all that?

Second, when she signed with Universal it was for a world wide release type deal. meaning she could finally have her music on itunes etc the world over. Some of you are reading WAY too much into this.

As for the Cover, some of you need to look into other shit besides Jpop cuz a ton of indie,pop,electro artists are doing out of the box Album and Single covers like that.

Smh...now I remember why i left this place...lol

Quote    Reply   

#1287 post_url

Oct 19 13 7:33 PM

I don't know. Maybe the fact that the song is on a website called "www.crystalkayusa.com"? Also the fact that she has a funding project that says: "The project supports Crystal Kay’s challenge to her dream come true debut in USA. You are the casting board to the success story!". Who cares about the cover because it looks like that - it's the inclusion of sushi and chopsticks that's the problem. It's just fucking stupid.

Quote    Reply   

#1288 post_url

Oct 19 13 8:29 PM

Well, with the inclusion of the Japanese lyrics and the shamisen into what would otherwise be a pretty standard urban track in the current western style, it's obvious that it's supposed to be this really blatant "Hi, I'm Japanese. I might have the same producers as those other artists, but make sure you know that I'm special because I'm Japanese!" sort of thing so I don't see what the problem with the cover is. It fits what they're going for with the song being the way it is.

Mrmorgendorffer wrote:
So first off, who even said this was an American Debut? Don't you think she'd release an english song for all that?

Second, when she signed with Universal it was for a world wide release type deal. meaning she could finally have her music on itunes etc the world over. Some of you are reading WAY too much into this.

As for the Cover, some of you need to look into other shit besides Jpop cuz a ton of indie,pop,electro artists are doing out of the box Album and Single covers like that.

Lol, are you serious? 

Quote    Reply   

kurify

#1289 post_url

Oct 20 13 2:11 PM

That cover is a hot mess, and the "I'm like dum ditty dumb" bits are incredibly obnoxious. Which is a shame as the music and lyrical beat for the rest of the song is pretty neat.

Quote    Reply   

#1290 post_url

Oct 20 13 6:24 PM

I can't stand the "you stuck on stupid, girl he got you strung" bit....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1291 post_url

Oct 20 13 6:51 PM

Mrmorgendorffer wrote:

...bitch, you stoopid

Quote    Reply   

#1295 post_url

Jan 27 14 4:26 PM

MOD EDIT
The contents of this post concern a different forum and therefore are not allowed. Do not repost it again.

Last Edited By: NATE Jan 28 14 12:32 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1299 post_url

Jan 28 14 10:36 AM

martzb wrote:
I hope it's as good as What We Do or Yo Yo.

Yo Yo, Take It Outside and Be Mine are da hits. OMG. LUV LUV LUV those songs.

Quote    Reply   

#1300 post_url

Feb 3 14 2:09 AM

Kuri's new song is called "Busy Doing Nothing" and the video will be out 2014.02.14.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help