Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#81 post_url

Dec 18 12 10:54 PM

Golden Source is an enjoyable album but I don't see myself listening to it often, it seems more like good background music than anything. It's good music just not my favourite album.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 post_url

Jan 16 13 7:32 AM

uncle Jemima wrote:
Golden Source is an enjoyable album but I don't see myself listening to it often, it seems more like good background music than anything. It's good music just not my favourite album.

Hm. I agree with that in a way. I've actually only played it in full 2-3 times since it came out. For me, it's because the music still has too much of a "summery" kind of vibe with the funk/afrobeat/latin/whatever influences for me to enjoy it much at this time of the year. I'll come back to it in a few months.

"Deeper" is a JAM though. Love that one. "Awareness" too. Been listening to those a bit more separately.

Quote    Reply   

SonnyB

JPC Moderator

#83 post_url

Jan 28 13 5:56 AM

Did anyone really like the album? I listened to it in the record store a bit. It was very different from what I expected

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#86 post_url

May 14 13 6:56 PM

this means only one thing...she's pregnant!

okay not necessarily, but I'm generalizing, when was the last time someone in the J-music scene got hitched that WASN'T a shotgun wedding?

Quote    Reply   

#88 post_url

Jul 6 13 8:55 AM

I wonder why I haven't had the occasion to be into her earlier...like yeah, I did see some of her videos on the youtube related videos a few times as I'm into Japanese hip hop but at that time I didn't get lucky and listenned to her worst/bland stuff.

I've been into J-hip hop (since 2005) thanks to 2 blogs (not in English) and I didn't remember them mentionning her...I think I do remember seeing her name on English language dl sites but I've never heard big praise about her.
She's the only good Japanese female rapper I wasn't aware of until this year, as I was already a fan of others like Miss Monday, Brier, Hime, Norisiam-X, Rumi, lecca, Tsugumi. I wonder if anyone here is also a fan of these other rappers? Do you think COMA-CHI is the best female rapper in Japan?

Anyway, her song "Horou" did it for me, finally. And then "Oneness" and "Beauty or Beast". I'll check her 2nd album, seems like her best one based on what you all said here.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#89 post_url

Jul 6 13 11:04 AM

looloo i wonder if there is some symbolism going on in this picture

preggers_zps41d1cc1d.jpg

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#90 post_url

Jul 6 13 12:31 PM

^ I didn't even notice at first but it does look like it smiley: smokinsmiley: smokin

Feelgoodmusic wrote:
I wonder why I haven't had the occasion to be into her earlier...like yeah, I did see some of her videos on the youtube related videos a few times as I'm into Japanese hip hop but at that time I didn't get lucky and listenned to her worst/bland stuff.

I've been into J-hip hop (since 2005) thanks to 2 blogs (not in English) and I didn't remember them mentionning her...I think I do remember seeing her name on English language dl sites but I've never heard big praise about her.
She's the only good Japanese female rapper I wasn't aware of until this year, as I was already a fan of others like Miss Monday, Brier, Hime, Norisiam-X, Rumi, lecca, Tsugumi. I wonder if anyone here is also a fan of these other rappers? Do you think COMA-CHI is the best female rapper in Japan?

Anyway, her song "Horou" did it for me, finally. And then "Oneness" and "Beauty or Beast". I'll check her 2nd album, seems like her best one based on what you all said here.
Since you like Horou maybe you'll like the rest of that album too? I agree RED NAKED is a must, I really liked her COMA-CHILLIN' EP she did in 2005 as well.
Dunno if I'd say she's the best female rapper but she's definitely one of my favourites there. I like the others you listed though I've never listened to Brier and Hime before. Surprised you didn't mention Anty the Kunoichi and LUNA, I love those two as well.

Quote    Reply   

#91 post_url

Jul 7 13 2:37 AM

looloo wrote:
^ I didn't even notice at first but it does look like it smiley: smokinsmiley: smokin
Since you like Horou maybe you'll like the rest of that album too? I agree RED NAKED is a must, I really liked her COMA-CHILLIN' EP she did in 2005 as well.
Dunno if I'd say she's the best female rapper but she's definitely one of my favourites there. I like the others you listed though I've never listened to Brier and Hime before. Surprised you didn't mention Anty the Kunoichi and LUNA, I love those two as well.
Hm, yeah the rest of Day Before Blue was cool, she didn't rap much in the other songs though. I'll give it another listen. OK I'll check the EP too.
You've never lsitened to Brier and Hime? What a pity. Not a big fan of Hime but Brier's rap is really good. Too bad she's no longer active, like Hime I think.
Yes, I know Anty and LUNA. I listened to most of Anty's albums. LUNA is in the unit MaryJane with Tsugumi, that's how I found out about her. I still prefer Tsugumi over her ;)

And congrats to COMA-CHI !! She looks happy.

Last Edited By: Feelgoodmusic Jul 7 13 2:40 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#92 post_url

Aug 20 13 3:24 PM

Feelgoodmusic wrote:

Hime and Brier are terrible, so is Luna. It seems they have no rapping ability and all Brier does is do a poor impression of 90s NY rappers. 

Rumi has her own style, and is leagues above the rest, I'd say Coma-Chi is on that level too if she didn't started singing. 

Acharu isn't bad either, but she mostly sings as well.  

Maria of Simi-Lab is average, but she is backed by really good production most of the time. 

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#93 post_url

Aug 20 13 10:09 PM

how about MoNa a.k.a Sad Girl? i haven't listened to her much but she seems alright. not like i'm really into rap so i wouldn't really know.

Quote    Reply   

#95 post_url

Oct 15 13 7:26 PM

EMI MARIA, MoNa, and now, COMA-CHI... Who's next?

Remember a few years ago when people here (or was that at JPM?) were speculating over whether she was pregnant or not?

Anyway, she appears to be happy & I'm happy for her.

Appreciate the info.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#97 post_url

Dec 12 15 3:27 PM

new song "always"

and here is the PV for "getting hot"

these songs are so good, much better than anything from Golden Source.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Dec 12 15 3:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help