Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Apr 27 11 3:39 PM

So, basically, she quit because she wasn't happy with the songs they were making her do, and that her sales weren't good enough.

It'll be interesting to see what she does next.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

Apr 27 11 4:20 PM

MattJon wrote:
So, basically, she quit because she wasn't happy with the songs they were making her do, and that her sales weren't good enough.

It'll be interesting to see what she does next.
I don't know how I feel about this...I mean I liked CCs poppy stuff...allotsmiley: grin

So does this mean she going back to RN or she gonna do hybrid pop/hard hip hop?

Quote    Reply   

#23 post_url

Apr 27 11 4:28 PM

It always seemed that pop was pushed onto her. But she did it well, and has a decent singing voice. I'd say the pop songs on BOTB? are better than the hip hop ones.

Still, I'd love another RED NAKED style album. Have to wait and see I suppose. The new website isn't giving many clues yet.

Quote    Reply   

#24 post_url

Apr 27 11 7:56 PM

She probably got tired of all that "love" shit and probably wants to go back to being mostly an emcee...

Still, she's never been as sexy as she's been these past few years... Whoever reshaped her image really brought out her inner dime!

Quote    Reply   

#25 post_url

Apr 27 11 10:57 PM

MONOLITHIC wrote:
She probably got tired of all that "love" shit and probably wants to go back to being mostly an emcee...

Still, she's never been as sexy as she's been these past few years... Whoever reshaped her image really brought out her inner dime!
a fucking gree She looked so hot in the time 2 party MV Plus it's nice having a cute Japanese female rapper to stan over thats really cutesmiley: tongue

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Apr 28 11 10:11 PM

MONOLITHIC wrote:

Good. I didn't enjoy her love material as much as her older material

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Apr 29 11 6:21 PM

Charisma wrote:
MONOLITHIC wrote:

Good. I didn't enjoy her love material as much as her older material
Don't get me wrong, I liked some of her newer material but not enough to actually play those tracks more than once. 20e16166be438c97c47d5d93eea966977252c239_r Her videos are another matter 'cause I can watch her all day...

To listen to that brand new track and read the lyrics, I get the impression that she feels that she has more to say than just rap and sing about love, partying and other trivial things of that nature - especially when you factor in the triple whammy that recently hit Japan. She probably had intentions of switching her style before that happened, but dramatic situations like that can quickly change your entire perspective on life and such... Her label wanted to pigeonhole her but COMA-CHI wasn't havin' it! GOOD FOR HER!!! 8a42666691b164e783f9c2cfebd9962923de5905_r

Last Edited By: MONOLITHIC Apr 29 11 6:23 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#28 post_url

Apr 30 11 2:59 PM

wait, so she wasn't happy with the pop sound that was being pushed upon her but also complained that her sales weren't good enough? but if she wants to do more hip-hop stuff like she did with RED NAKED, she can't expect it to sell...it's unfortunate, but it's the truth.

I really like Say "NO" ! I keep listening to it. I hope she makes more music like this soon.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Apr 30 11 3:15 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Apr 30 11 3:16 PM

The lyrics are on the YouTube page in the "show more" section. Still...

English  translation:

Verse 1

I had enough about foolish variety shows
I had enough about comfort and saucy speech
let us know only rights of the matter and the truth without disguise,
media and higher-ups
you don't say anything if the life is in danger
the world is disgusted
If you were someone's father
feel the pain of the citizens

the invisible damage
"there is no effect for the health immediately"
but it's harmful
we should stop now, do or die?
plutonium is not our friend

There is so many victims,
but you gonna still make new one?
that's the nemesis?who's trying to kid who?
If I were god, I'll be killing you

Hook

We gotta say No,No,No, No
say "No" japanese people
with so much pride in our heart
catch and hold up the real value to the sky
this country's future is not other people's affair

Verse2

We take it for granted to looking the city lights and using air conditioner
PC,TV,and the cars too
waste all without knowing where it is coming from
but think about it in the future
do you really need all that?

over vanity and desire is increased
say no about fake values
solar, water, wind energy
only believe the blessing of nature
if everyone has feeling of gratitude about light,
no one will waste it

too much illumination, my sweet home tokyo
but it's over
recognizing what are the important things,
and ring the alarms

Hook

We gotta say No,No,No
say "No" japanese people
with so much pride in our heart
catch and hold up the real value to the sky
this country's future is not other people's affair

Japanese Lyrics:

くだらない娯楽はもうたくさん
なぐさめや御託ももうたくさん
事の真相、真実だけ隠さず
伝えてよメディアとお偉いさん

命が危なくても物申さん
もう世界中があきれてるのさ
もしあなたが誰かのお父さんなら
感じてよ市民の怒りをさ

目に見えない被害 健康にただちに影響は無い
でも有害
今止めなければdo or die?
プルトニウムは友達なんかじゃない

すでに沢山の犠牲者が出た
それでもまだ増やすのか原発
よく言えたもんさ「これは天罰」
もしアタシが神ならお前を殺した

※We gotta say "No, no, no no!"
NO と言えよ日本人
胸に誇りを持ち 本当の価値掴み掲げようto the sky
この国の未来人ごとじゃない
起こすアクション 鳴らすクラクション
I say "No, no,no,no"
させてもらうこの主張

当たり前になってた街の灯りや冷房、暖房
パソコンもTVも車もそう
どこから来てるか知らずただ消耗

でもこれからは考えよう
その快楽本当に必要?
増えて行く過剰な見栄や欲望
偽りの価値にはNOと言おう

太陽光や水力、風力
地球の恵みだけ信じよう
灯りつく事に感謝の心
持てれば無駄にはしない誰も

過剰な電飾愛する故郷 東京
でもそろそろ終わりにしよう
何が本当のココロの栄養か気づいて鳴らせよ警報

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#30 post_url

Apr 30 11 3:16 PM

↑ yeah, I literally JUST edited my post because I figured out where they were. but thanks anyway!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

May 1 11 8:56 AM

I was thinking... Perhaps y'all COMA-CHI fans can get that COMA-CHI thingy under your avatars hooked up with a link to the COMA-CHI thread. Anyone who's interested can click on the link and - BAM!!! - new fans!  8a42666691b164e783f9c2cfebd9962923de5905_r

Quote    Reply   

#32 post_url

May 1 11 9:03 PM

MONOLITHIC wrote:
I was thinking... Perhaps y'all COMA-CHI fans can get that COMA-CHI thingy under your avatars hooked up with a link to the COMA-CHI thread. Anyone who's interested can click on the link and - BAM!!! - new fans!  8a42666691b164e783f9c2cfebd9962923de5905_r

lol MONO wheres your ARIA badge??

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

May 2 11 2:40 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
MONOLITHIC wrote:
Not my style... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFwprS_L6tg image

hahahahahaha

MONOLITHIC, don't hate me but for some reason I always thought you were a girl...I don't know why.
yeah I got that vibe to...but just about everyone on JPC is either gay or a female. Most people on JPM thought I was a girl lol

Also COMA-CHI could sell well if she knows how to market her Hip Hop style to the mainstream....I mean look at AK-69. In the midst of all the J-Pop/Rappers out there he stuck with his hardcore style now almost a decade later hes Japans most popular rapper. 

COMA-CHI should do what hes doing...or else shes gonna have to pull a Kreva and go all the way pop....well she already did. But Kreva stills comes out with real hip hop from time to time.

I'm not exactly sure what she wants....does she want to be Hip Hop/Pop  Rap/Hip Hop R&B/Rap Hip Hop/R&B or just Hip Hop

I mean shes been singing ever since RN so I don't really understand her move here....I'll guess I'll have to waitsmiley: ohwell

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#37 post_url

May 2 11 5:10 PM

↑ true, AK-69 is a good example. but what exactly do you mean that she should do what he's doing? what exactly is he doing? he didn't start charting well until recently.

Quote    Reply   

#38 post_url

May 3 11 11:12 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
↑ true, AK-69 is a good example. but what exactly do you mean that she should do what he's doing? what exactly is he doing? he didn't start charting well until recently.

AK-69's first album was basically a faux-R&B album....hes been sining ever since the beginning of his career. That part of him makes his music easy on the ears for Japanese people that are more or less softies that don't quite jive with gangster rap. 

He never stopped coming out with music like that. I mean if you look at his situation from afar you would think hes was always posed to fail

Hes a gangster rapper in a country that is more or less considered peaceful

He doesn't rap about happy shit

Hes singed to an indy label

That is basically career murder if your a rapper in Japan lol

But in 2008 he hooks up with Koda Kumi and then BAM his ass blows the fuck up <--- and collabing with Kuu chan doesn't = success coughLisacough

Even if you look at his latest album there are some hard ass song on there! I mean cumon I.M.P lol

CC on the other hand compromised her style for more sales BRTB was void of any "REAL" hip hop and it still didn't sale well.

If she had stuck to her guns like Mr. Redsta she could have kept her hard style like in RN and still been a success.

Most of the rappers music I listen to hasn't really changed from when they first started because they believed in being true to them self.

Besides you can still make pop rap sound hard JOYSTICKK is a great example of this. But I think because CC is a female rapper the dynamics are different.smiley: grin 

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

May 4 11 1:54 AM

uncle Jemima wrote:
↑ you don't consider the opening/title track to be "REAL" hip hop?

Beauty or the Beast? and oneness are really nice Hip Hop tracks...but sandwiched in between them is a hip hop heads worst nightmare.

At least with the red magic AK-69 had both

Then again I don't get japan I mean Home made Kazoku is a success because here music is easy to digest.....but it seems like when an rapper that is loyal to the underground makes a song like them they get the shaft.

I mean how is it that AK-69 is the most popular rapper but groups like HMK and SO chart more than him....yet there not as popular?

I never got Japans taste in music and trendssmiley: tired   

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help