Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Jun 9 11 8:46 AM

Momoko Sakura wrote:
Holy shiz, best gif ever!!!

But I'm afraid I'm not feeling the new Wii U. I do not like the name, I do not like the design. I just think it's retarded to have 2 screens (your television + the controller). It really feels like a step backwards somehow since the Wii was all about freedom and movement and now they show us a controller the size of a tablet pc. I don't know what they were trying to do... creating a handheld system that is capable of HD graphics? This might probably work for a couple of games, but I have the same concerns as some of the other critics: third party developers will not jump onto this, so most Wii Ugames will come from Nintendo itself.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

Jun 9 11 11:24 AM

michyeosseo wrote:

... third party developers will not jump onto this, so most Wii Ugames will come from Nintendo itself.
Except third party developers have already jumped onto it and endorsed the product. Such support featured prominently in Nintendo's presentation.

The real test will be if development for the platform will be maintained. Apparently, at present moment only one Wii U screen/controller can be used with the console itself, which sounds a bit limiting especially since one of the main strengths of the original Wii is the aspect of party play.

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

Jun 9 11 1:19 PM

Once Sony and Microsoft reveal their new systems (with probably higher specs than the Wii U), third parties will start developing for those platforms and maybe make ports to the Wii U system (since now it doesn't have to be WiiMote compatible anymore). I wouldn't be surprised if that Assassin's Creed title would be a port of one of the previous titles.

I just don't understand: Nintendo has products that perfectly fit their target audience (Wii, Nintendo DS, ...). To read that you can only use one Wii U controller is like Nintendo writing its suicide note. Why does Nintendo care about the graphical aspect so much when their competitors are clearly superior in that aspect? Just like Nintendo will always be superior to Microsoft Kinect and Playstation Move.

I would maybe buy this if I was sure of certain titles (just like FFXIII convinced me to buy an X360 instead of a PS3), but right now this is Nintendo 3DS all over: advanced technology but no names at launch.

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

Jun 11 11 5:23 PM

Outgrow wrote:
Did they even show anything for skyward sword? I wonder if this will be plopped onto the new wii like the last one...

there's a new trailer for it, and it'll be out this winter

Zelda HD demo looks gorgeous, I'm excited for what the Wii U brings. 
We'll just have to wait a whole year until next E3 when we see actual games for it, and to see  the actual console itself and not the controller. 

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

Jun 13 11 6:02 PM

Too bad that was just a video though, would have been cool if it was more than just switching day/night and camera angles. Hopefully in a few years that is what the next Zelda will look like and its not just a tech demo then I might be interested in actually finishing one of those games lol. 

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#49 post_url

Oct 10 11 8:31 PM

May I ask a question please?

I want to buy the Just Dance Wii Japan for my Nintendo Wii so I can play it but the problem is, my Wii is an European Wii (bought in the UK) and hence I don't think I can play the Japan Just Dance Game. Is there a way to play it without having to give it to someone to unlock etc because I have no idea where I will find someone to do that for me

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Oct 25 11 11:34 AM

The wii's are region locked so yeah you'd have to hack it. I don't know anything about it but I'm sure if you youtube/google it there's loads of tutorials. I want the Japanese JD too, AKB ~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Oricon

#51 post_url

Oct 26 11 11:18 AM

I just bought it, I'm currently trying to find someone to hack my Wii so I can play it.

It sucks because my Just Dance Japan is sitting right beside my Wii and I realllly want to play it

Quote    Reply   

#52 post_url

Oct 31 11 1:59 PM

Oricon wrote:
I just bought it, I'm currently trying to find someone to hack my Wii so I can play it.

It sucks because my Just Dance Japan is sitting right beside my Wii and I realllly want to play it
I used this site to make my North American Wii play Xenoblade (European); not sure if all the steps will be the same for a different region but it does give very easy steps to follow.

Quote    Reply   

#53 post_url

Nov 10 11 4:22 PM

I read yesterday they lost close to a billion. They've screwed up so much with the 3DS allowing third party games to be in their launch line up. This gives me hope that for the Wii U line up there'll be good games to go along with it.

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#54 post_url

Nov 16 11 11:22 PM

rhorewyn wrote:
Oricon wrote:

I used this site to make my North American Wii play Xenoblade (European); not sure if all the steps will be the same for a different region but it does give very easy steps to follow.

Thanks very much!smiley: smile

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

Jan 14 12 5:08 PM

Anyone else play Skyward Sword? really great gameplay and the story was awesome. It was cute to see a more developed Link x Zelda relationship.

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Mar 15 12 11:51 AM

I know your post is fairly old now but yes it is being localized now. Speaking of The Last Story, I'm in the middle of playing it now... is anyone else? I'm mildly disappointed but it's leaps and bounds ahead of the crap that's come out lately, besides Xenoblade which was AMAZING. I'm pretty sure I spent almost 3 months on that game lol.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help