Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 15 11 2:39 PM

Tags : :

"According to multiple reports today, Nintendo will reveal a new console at E3 this coming June. 
Game Informer first reported the details, saying the console is capable of running games at "HD resolutions." Our sources have said the the console is significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and that Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market. Another source said it is capable of 1080p resolutions. 
Nintendo is reportedly showing the console to publishers to garner interest for a late 2012 launch. 
Additional sources tell IGN that Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month with a full reveal expected at E3 and that the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software. 
A report from CVG states the new Nintendo console will use an all-new controller - not an updated Wii controller - with sources saying it will have a built-in screen. Additional sources informed IGN the screen has touch capability. "

Crying tears of geek rn it it's all true, Zelda and Mario etc etc in HD.

Last Edited By: Benny Sep 14 12 9:28 PM. Edited 5 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Apr 15 11 3:03 PM

I didn't see your thread Benny as I was in the process of making mine. Sorry. smiley: smokin

Anyway, OMG OMG OMG so excited if this is true. Can you think of all the new games will be getting? I'm so ready for a new Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and DKC. Don't really care for the Mario adventure games. They are incredibly boring to me. They really need to go back to their old format and not that space crap.

Last Edited By: Honey Girl Apr 15 11 7:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 post_url

Apr 15 11 3:05 PM

it's okay!, i'm just glad someone else is as excited as I am, and "Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market." I love how innovative Nintendo are with their stuff so I'm excited for what they'll bring

Quote    Reply   

#3 post_url

Apr 15 11 6:25 PM

I'm excited. I hope Nintendo does in fact cater more to us hardcore gamers instead of the family markets. Or maybe they can cater to both this time? It is possible after all.

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#4 post_url

Apr 15 11 6:30 PM

More money to spend because I always buy most Nintendo consoles that comes out :(

Time to renew my old white Wii then :D

Quote    Reply   

Ikun

#5 post_url

Apr 15 11 7:04 PM

I also buy all nintendo consoles but unfurtunatelly i don't buy a lot of games. i'm poor lol

Last Edited By: Ikun Apr 15 11 7:06 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8 post_url

Apr 15 11 10:42 PM

Sounds cool! I'm with Jaxxia though, I hope Sony and Microsoft don't follow suit. I just got my PS3 for Christmas and I haven't bought a 360 yet. The Kinect was suppose to extend the 360's life another few years, but I'm not sure if they changed their minds on that.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Apr 16 11 2:26 AM

Sounds really exciting. Can't wait for more info.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

haganemix

#11 post_url

Apr 16 11 9:32 AM

I'm... so... excitedBanana I'm pretty dang sure we're gonna be Dragon Quest X on the next Wii... In my dreams T^T anyway, it's going to be magical. Has anyone seen the controller mock ups out there? HILARIOUS

It's also kind of funny because they'll obviously be releasing first which will put pressure on the other 2. Didn't it take a reeeeally long time for Sony & Microsoft to actually make profits on their systems? Maybe Microsoft can roll out a new console by 2012 but it's really going to hurt for Sony to be forced to do that/release around that time. 

It's better this way. Who wants a 10 year system release cycle? <.<

Last Edited By: haganemix Apr 16 11 9:56 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#12 post_url

Apr 16 11 10:04 AM

where did you see the mock controllers? I wanna see what some people have come up with lmao. I'm having a real hard time trying to imagine this controller having a 6 inch touch screen in it.

I think Sony and Microsoft were bluffing when they said the whole 10 year cycle thing.

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Apr 17 11 5:22 PM

LOL damn some of them are ridiculous/hilarious, thanks.

Apparently the new controller wont have a screen and they're false rumours?

Nintendo Life 
http://a2.twimg.com/a/130...x/img/sprite-icons.png); display: inline-block; vertical-align: baseline; height: 14px; width: 14px; outline-width: medium; outline-style: none; outline-color: initial; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; text-indent: -9999px; background-position: -32px -96px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">@

@ Consider this: Nintendo has sold more handheld consoles than anyone. Why have a controller with a screen in? Why not use DS?

nintendolife have insider information btw ~ they aren't a random site

@ got it. Inovitave hardware + software + raw power.

Nintendo will release information of the new system on the 26th. 

Last Edited By: Benny Apr 18 11 3:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Apr 21 11 12:27 AM

I wonder if this means they're going to give up on the Wii once this one comes out. The controller should be a new version of the Power Glove, with the touch screen on the top of the wrist, kinda like the Predator.

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Apr 21 11 10:54 PM

... Why would they mention portability from pc and 360?

And it says it takes the 1080p image and pushes it onto the pads screen... not that the screens are 1080p.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help