Remove this ad

#61 post_url

Apr 18 11 3:00 AM

Admittedly I like Esperanza on the same level as Distance which is my favourite A-side from her. Dunno if I'll like it MORE than Distance though.

Remove this ad

#64 post_url

Apr 18 11 3:40 AM

keikun wrote:
seriouscatface1 wrote:
Don't find the PV but i really like the cover.

PV is in the OP.
Thanks!!

I like that she is not stuck in midtempo ballads anymore. Besides, the song is pretty catchy and summer-ish. Good A-side imo.
She totally looks like jpop singer Metis there for me xD

#66 post_url

Apr 18 11 3:50 AM

wow Kana's been killin with her past couple singles
Esperanza's really catchy and summerysmiley: smilesmiley: smile

#68 post_url

Apr 18 11 3:55 AM

The PV is beautiful, but as of now I'm not really feeling the song immediately, which usually isn't the case with Kana. And it's a little too long, imo. I'm confident it'll grow on me, though.

#69 post_url

Apr 18 11 3:56 AM

I agree the song is on the long side. It would've been better if the bridge hadn't essentially been another chorus, just with different instrumentation. Then again, almost all J-Pop songs are way too long

#70 post_url

Apr 18 11 3:57 AM

rizumu wrote:
The PV is beautiful, but as of now I'm not really feeling the song immediately, which usually isn't the case with Kana. And it's a little too long, imo. I'm confident it'll grow on me, though.

Really? I thought Distance was a bit short at under 4 mins but Esperanza is on par with Best Friend which I LOVE.

Remove this ad

ChronicleV

#71 post_url

Apr 18 11 4:00 AM

OMFG. Beautiful PV, awesome song. Instant hit for me! Kana is on a roll lately, in terms of switching things up and just doing more upbeat stuff.

Thanks for the PV rip keikun!

#72 post_url

Apr 18 11 4:06 AM

ok, sorry I dont wanna be picky
but the arrangement is like a rip off of aitakute?
everytime the chorus starts I think she'll sing aitakute....it's like the same type of song, same string arrangement in the background, etc
I mean the feeling will go away after a few listenings, but still...

I like the lalala part~ ^^

#73 post_url

Apr 18 11 4:14 AM

keikun wrote:
rizumu wrote:

Really? I thought Distance was a bit short at under 4 mins but Esperanza is on par with Best Friend which I LOVE.
I love Best Friend too, but it was a stronger song (better chorus etc.) than Esperanza, imo. I actually thought that Distance's length was just about perfect. But having watched the PV a few more times, Esperanza is already growing on me.

^
I forgot to post before but I also like "lalala~" part at the end haha.

Last Edited By: rizumu Apr 18 11 4:16 AM. Edited 1 time.

#74 post_url

Apr 18 11 4:22 AM

Elasee wrote:
ok, sorry I dont wanna be picky
but the arrangement is like a rip off of aitakute?
everytime the chorus starts I think she'll sing aitakute....it's like the same type of song, same string arrangement in the background, etc
I mean the feeling will go away after a few listenings, but still...

I like the lalala part~ ^^
I do know what you mean. Especially in the beginning I was like "lol, this is a different song that's playing, right?". It doesn't bother me too much anymore, though, because the instrumentation is so different. Do hope she doesn't end up only referring back to earlier work later in her career ^^

#75 post_url

Apr 18 11 6:01 AM

I've only listened to the new song a couple of times, so my opinion might change later, but for now, I'm afraid I don't like it. And what's with that Shakira cosplay she's wearing in the PV? xD Anyway, here's hoping the b-sides will be better =)

ayukuuangel

#79 post_url

Apr 18 11 6:30 AM

Esperanza is a great song!! Her best since if!

The guitar part reminds me of BoA's kiseki xD

It seems that she joined the summer songs wagon lol.

I love the song and PV!

Oricon

#80 post_url

Apr 18 11 6:57 AM

The covers are...... un-Kana-like :O Very surprised with the cover concept.

OMG ESPERANZA THE SONG IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G AND THE MV IS BRILLIANT!!

Edit: It's MUCH better than Distance.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help