Remove this ad

Ladymercury

#41 post_url

Jun 2 11 12:31 PM

I'm loving the new theme. I hope it maintains the same constancy from SPORTS and won't throw a left hook with a VARIETY-eque album. I seriously had something against TJ for a while during that whole period. EDUCATION, ADULT, and SPORTS <3 And, srsly, SPORTS is flawless. Like... I can listen to that album on repeat and never get sick of it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#45 post_url

Jun 6 11 6:24 AM

JEWELian wrote:
The album tracklist isn't very symmetrical... what is with the English at the ends of songs 1 7 and 14? Ew

I think the symmetry's in the lyrics this time, or other ways - I mean, the English title for "onna no ko wa dare demo" is "Fly Me to Heaven", which is also in the last line of the song, and it's paired against "tengoku e youkoso", or "Welcome to Heaven".

Which means "sora ga natteiru" is paired up with "atarashii bunmei kaika", but I can't make out enough of the lyrics of the latter from the LQ rip to determine how they're linked. Maybe the latter's also a Kameda composition? Or in terms of theme, with the latter mentioning being dug up from the ground, the former mentioning the sky?

Can't wait for the album - one of the few releases that are really keeping me excited.

Oh, and first press versions of the album come with an embossed slipcase, like the one with "SPORTS".

Been listening to an audio rip of "Ultra C", and that version of "sounan" is amazing.

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

Jun 6 11 8:53 AM

luminaire wrote:
JEWELian wrote:
The album tracklist isn't very symmetrical... what is with the English at the ends of songs 1 7 and 14? Ew

I think the symmetry's in the lyrics this time, or other ways - I mean, the English title for "onna no ko wa dare demo" is "Fly Me to Heaven", which is also in the last line of the song, and it's paired against "tengoku e youkoso", or "Welcome to Heaven".

Which means "sora ga natteiru" is paired up with "atarashii bunmei kaika", but I can't make out enough of the lyrics of the latter from the LQ rip to determine how they're linked. Maybe the latter's also a Kameda composition? Or in terms of theme, with the latter mentioning being dug up from the ground, the former mentioning the sky?

Ooh that's interesting.  Like you have to search & dig to discover the symmetry.  

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

Jun 6 11 10:46 AM

luminaire wrote:
Which means "sora ga natteiru" is paired up with "atarashii bunmei kaika", but I can't make out enough of the lyrics of the latter from the LQ rip to determine how they're linked. Maybe the latter's also a Kameda composition?

Been listening to an audio rip of "Ultra C", and that version of "sounan" is amazing.
A member on EMF found on JASRAC that "Atarashii Bunmei-kaika" is composed by Izawa.

Speaking of EMF, a lot of them seem to hate the Ultra C version of "Sounan", but yeah, I agree that it's pretty awesome.

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

Jun 7 11 12:38 AM

luminaire wrote:

Interesting, but IMO that's not symmetry... just a continual theme that runs through the album, something to connect the songs. Though I guess the symmetrical tracklisting had the same purpose but in a different sense.

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

Jun 7 11 12:23 PM

Just a slipcase for the First Press huh? To be honest, I got the SPORTS one and it's pretty flimsy and unimpressive, so I won't be going for First Press this time around since I don't have the money. Definitely will order it later though.

Quote    Reply   

#55 post_url

Jun 14 11 2:31 AM

Cool PV. She looks great in glasses. Very sophisticated-sexy (as usual, though).
And jeez, this has suddenly become one of my favourite songs by her. I dunno what it is all of a sudden, but this song, alone, makes me want to buy the album, hah. *_*

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Jun 21 11 8:45 AM

lol. I just realised the tracklisting isn't symmterical because every title is 7 ji in length, except the ones with English on the end (even though the Japanese titles are only 7 characters) and the one that starts with "21" (but you could count 21 as one character.. -shrug-)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help