Remove this ad

#21 post_url

May 11 11 10:40 PM

Senyuizuki wrote:
Two songs off the new single are great.
Sora ga Natteiru is an awesome rocker.

Which one of their albums would you guys recommend to start with?

I'd say one of their first two (Kyoiku and Adult)... I like all of their albums, but I adore their first two the most. I can't choose one because I like them both for different reasons. As a gross generalization, the first is more "rock-y" and the second is more "jazzy", although that's not really a fair description, but I don't have better vocabulary to describe it, lol. 1aa266c65bbc74da8c3931c8312021a5857fb6f6_r

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

May 12 11 4:24 AM

Senyuizuki wrote:
Two songs off the new single are great.
Sora ga Natteiru is an awesome rocker.

Which one of their albums would you guys recommend to start with?
Normally, I'd say Kyoiku... but since you really dug Sora ga Natteiru... you might want to check out SPORTS first.

Last Edited By: PHANTOMgirl May 12 11 4:29 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#23 post_url

May 12 11 9:26 PM

luminaire wrote:
Jihen at #6, though, is utter travesty.

Thought I'd reply to this here.

Well really the single was pushed back 3 months not long before its original release, so the songs are nothing new and were up for download. And especially now with the album being announced a few days before the release, there's nothing new on the single for people to buy... They should've waited until next week to annoucne the album >_>

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

May 14 11 2:58 AM

Their debut album Kyouiku is more definitely more rocky, so you might want to try that out first. I like how the opening track is a rock version of a Shiina Ringo track, which sets the stage well and sends a nice message, about her departure from her solo work, and what to expect from Tokyo Jihen.

However, I personally like their next album, ADULT, the best. I am not actually a very rock person, and ADULT is definitely more jazz-infused. I did not like their third (VARIETY), and while the fourth album (SPORTS) is a step up from the third. I would rank them the following in terms of my fav:

ADULT>Kyouiku>SPORT>VARIETY

However their new album is quite promising for me. I have liked everything they released since SPORTS....

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

May 19 11 5:18 PM

Fucking love it!!!

And archaeology themed album! smiley: glasses

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 post_url

May 20 11 9:51 AM

Atarashii Bunmei-kaika (新しい文明開化; New Westernization*) Tokyo Wonderground TV-CM song will be available for download through Rekochoku  starting today.  You can watch the CMs here. Dai Hakken will have a total of 14 songs according to their official webpage.  Also, updated the first post w/ album cover & promo image.

*It could also be translated as "civilization & enlightenment" but it's usually used to refer to the westernization of Japan during the Meiji era.

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

May 20 11 2:30 PM

The cover and those promo pics are really great, but I'm not especially excited for the actual album since I've only liked "Tengoku e Yokosou" out of their last four songs. Not sure what I think of "Atarashii Bunmei-kaika" based off the short preview though, so I'll still be checking out the album.

It'd be great if I ended up liking it though since I'd probably go nuts and order OS versions of this album, Sanmon Gossip and Sports all in one go. Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r

Quote    Reply   

#37 post_url

May 27 11 6:10 AM

There's a Tokyo Jihen screen saver for Mac or Windows available on Kronekodow.  It features the peacock zooming in while changing colors.

Album Tracklist:

1.天国へようこそ For The Disc
2. 絶対値対相対値
3. 新しい文明開化
4.電気のない都市
5.海底に巣くう男
6.禁じられた遊び
7.ドーパミント! BPM103
8.恐るべき大人達
9.21世紀宇宙の子
10.かつては男と女
11.空が鳴っている
12.風に肖って行け
13.女の子は誰でも
b.t.天国へようこそ For The Tube

Also, there's some temporary translations of said tracks on the 1st post.  I'll replace them w/ official English titles when they're released.

Last Edited By: PHANTOMgirl May 27 11 6:47 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

May 29 11 5:32 AM

I'm loving the new song! Can't wait for the album now... am hoping there are a few less quirky-SPORTS tracks and a few more jazzy songs as on Adult. That is still my favourite and nigh-perfect Tokyo Jihen album < 3

As for the tracklist, can't say I care whether or not it's symmetrical.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

May 29 11 5:36 AM

I love the cover.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help