Remove this ad

#221 post_url

May 20 13 11:05 PM

Actually, this thread needs a new owner; dillpops is too busy to do it anymore. I believe I contacted a mod a few months back about taking it over but never heard anything. If anyone has the ear of a mod and would like the thread, go right ahead.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#223 post_url

Jun 18 13 4:06 AM

NEW SINGLE
「はじまりの海」
坂本真綾
2013.07.31 OUT

First Pressing

Regular Edition

Tracklist:
01 はじまりの海
作詞/作曲: 大貫妙子
編曲: 森 俊之
02 いつものところで
作詞: 坂本真綾
作曲/編曲: 北川勝利
03 おかえりなさい ~Acoustic Ver.~
作詞: 坂本真綾
作曲: 松任谷由実
編曲: 笹子重治
04 メドレー"Roots of SSW" (LIVE)
マメシバ~プラチナ~奇跡の海~指輪~約束はいらない~指輪~マジックナンバー~光あれ (※2013年4月25日 東京Bunkamuraオーチャードホールにて収録)

Quote    Reply   

#225 post_url

Jun 20 13 2:39 AM

souichi wrote:
omg, that's what I'd call a photoshop fail. cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c
Maaya looks cute, though.

Exactly what I was going to say! They incriminated themselves by just photoshopping the background blatantly for the other cover. The sunset press looks even faker since the water in the pool somehow remained the same color while the sea's water changed color. Still, I like it and it's a nice cover to photoshop her in!

Quote    Reply   

#228 post_url

Jun 22 13 10:23 PM

I like the song so far, it's simple and probably won't get a lot of love, but it's still good based on the preview.

Quote    Reply   

#229 post_url

Jun 25 13 10:51 PM

It is a nice summer tune...nice and relaxing. With the cover, I kinda thought it would be a cruise kinda song haha
I just wanna see Maaya do a live TV performance for once!

Quote    Reply   

#230 post_url

Jun 30 13 2:12 PM

^oh a tv live would be interesting. For some reason, I feel like she'd come off shy on a tv show though...

My copy of Mitsubachi Tour arrived, and I just watched it. It was my first concert Blu-Ray purchase.
The first press packaging is the same as the Driving in the Silence first press packaging, but this time it came with a flag-pen (a pen, whose cap is actually an unfurlable 'tour 38' flag). Again a big gorgeous photo book, as well as the regular photobooklet are included.
Man...I am never buying a concert in DVD form ever again. The opening with Triangler was SO FANTASTIC and GORGEOUS to behold that I got all choked up. Blu-ray really does make a huge difference...I never knew...
The concert itself was wonderful. I love that Maaya has such a huge back catalogue of material to choose from that every concert is different. Hearing Pilot, Kimi ni Ai ni Ikou, and especially Bike was such a treat! What they did with Bike was really creative and clever - I absolutely loved that entire extended performance!
And although I'm not a huge fan of Magic Number, it was totally perfect for the countdown! Maaya clearly has a taste for the theatrical, and knows how to employ the most subtle nuance (from standing still, to a gentle glance, to her own shadow) to full effect. This was a really great concert, and it continues to make me feel spoiled to be her fan.

On that note, I was so impressed with the blu-ray format, that I checked CDJapan and was finally able to order Mitsubachi+ (avec blu-ray), as it was on sale! So I pre-ordered Hajimari no Umi while I was at it. Can't wait for that!

Now, to just go back and listen to all her music again...I sometimes forget about some tracks, and am hit with such wonderful nostalgia and love when I come across them again.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#232 post_url

Jul 1 13 12:47 PM

Damn I really need to get a Blu-ray player soon, sigh.

Surprised by how "itsumo no tokoro de" isn't the upbeat song I expected that Kitagawa composition to be - and she actually took the effort to re-record the vocals for the acoustic version of "okaerinasai", nice.

Quote    Reply   

#235 post_url

Jul 15 13 8:50 PM

lalala...

I took some photos of my copy of Mitsubachi Tour Blu-Ray for you guys.

As you can see, it is just like the first press of the in the silence tour dvd:

Quote    Reply   

#237 post_url

Jul 16 13 7:35 AM

^^ Thanks for the pictures, I got the first pressing of the DVD version instead but haven't opened it just yet. I actually just ordered "In the Silence" first pressing too, I was waiting for the price to go down which luckily it did! 

The PV for "Hajimari no Umi" is so cute and I'm really liking the song. I like how vibrant and colorful the PV is.

Quote    Reply   

#238 post_url

Aug 4 13 6:35 PM

Setlist for ROCK IN JAPAN feat. Maaya at Sound of Forest (August 4th)

1. DOWN TOWN

2. Peace

3. Hajimari no Umi

4. Scrap ~ Wakare no Uta

5. Magic Number

6. Hikari Are

Quite dissapointed with the setlist. This is supposed to be a Rock festival, Why the setlist? Just 1 rock song...

Come on Maaya, You are good at creating environments, look at "in the silence" concert. I thought she would peform songs like "SONIC BOOM" or "Sora wo Miro" or "Yoru" or even "Getsuyou no Asa"... The only thing I wanted is to sing her rock songs at a rock festival... Magic Number, come on.. She had already peformed it in the Mitsubachi one, and had a special Countdown version.. the same with DOWN TOWN.. Rock in Japan was my last hope for a tribute for that forgotten soldier.. A boy named Alice. I'm glad there's Scrap and Hikari Are at least... It's something.... 

Quote    Reply   

#239 post_url

Aug 4 13 10:22 PM

The sore thumb of the setlist really seems to be Peace. o_O
It's pretty cool that she did Scrap~Wakare no Uta live. That song definitely has some rocky angst to it.
Youre right though, the setlist is pretty inappropriate for a rock festival. The only saving grace would really be if the arrangements were re-done to be more aggressive or rocky. Hell, even Buddy would've been a good choice as-is for the festival.

But as always, she looks fantastic.

Quote    Reply   

#240 post_url

Aug 6 13 8:17 AM

well, as someone who was actually there, I must disagree. I think all the songs were perfect and had a great vibe perfect for the venue. Yeah it was a rock festival (I guess - it's not like it was themed like that or anything. "Rock" is really just code for "outdoor summer music festival". I would not call Perfume rock but they were a headliner), but the stage she was on, Sound of Forest, had a very relaxed feel and it's not like her audience was jam packed full of people ready to rock. We were just there to see Maaya. She had this wonderful sunny cheerful attitude - so Maaya - and it was perfectly fitting. It was a wonderful show and I'm just sad it was only 7 songs! We were also hoping for Platina because we heard a rumor that they had been practicing it, but oh well... and yeah I would have liked to hear some Easy Listening or Lucy, summery stuff, but Peace and Scrap were amazing to hear live. Nothing felt out of place at all.

Last Edited By: frecklegirl Aug 6 13 8:23 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help