Remove this ad

Callandra

JPC Admin

#41 post_url

May 14 11 3:30 AM

Meh, I didn't really like this week's MS although at least Yoko got his words right this time  Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r They faked playing this time so I was kind of disappointed. 

The girl groups did steal the show (I don't mind Perfume but I hate Shoujo Jidai); but Maru was still his crazy self 0012624644b554c88d29f5c028f9444a877319ef_r

Anyone watch Shiwake? I'm so addicted to it. I'm so terrible but I crack up when they get slapped Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_rCfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r

EDIT: and I second watching the 47 neoki dokkiris, those were sooo funny. And then the dokkiri to end all dokkiris is the commercial one on the PUZZLE DVD. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

May 14 11 11:13 AM

@whitedove: What's the 24hours TV? 

I'm used to seeing bands faking it on music shows (like SID). I know they do it for quality purposes so I don't hold it against them. What I look for is to see how well their vocals sounded, energy on stage, etc. I'm not familiar with how the boys usually perform (and I take they tend to play live quite often), but going by my standards (hoho I sound like such a music critic smiley: pimp ) I think they did well. 

I shall look for both dokkiris then!. I trust both of your opinions so I know I'll be laughing my butt off. Seriously those okans had me cracking up and they were just 5 minutes long. 

What's the shiwake show about? I'm curious as to why they get slapped lol. 

PS: Lmao I'm sorry if I ask too many questions but you guys are more aware of these things than I am.

And Callandra:

Last Edited By: babalina May 15 11 12:31 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

May 14 11 8:08 PM

Their performance at Music station was better than last week's

but I think next time they would focus nishikido and subaru to rock songs

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#44 post_url

May 14 11 9:28 PM

babalina wrote:
@whitedove: What's the 24hours TV? 

I'm used to seeing bands faking it on music shows (like SID). I know they do it for quality purposes so I don't hold it against them. What I look for is to see how well their vocals sounded, energy on stage, etc. I'm not familiar with how the boys usually perform (and I take they tend to play live quite often), but going by my standards (hoho I sound like such a music critic smiley: pimp ) I think they did well. 

I shall look for both dokkiris then!. I trust both of your opinions so I know I'll be laughing my butt off. Seriously those okans had me cracking up and they were just 5 minutes long. 

What's the shiwake show about? I'm curious as to why they get slapped lol. 

PS: Lmao I'm sorry if I ask too many questions but you guys are more aware of these things than I am.

And Callandra:

24hr TV is an annual charity TV show aired on NTV (usually the last weekend of August). K8 was picked as the main talent this year, I'm going to start a pool on which members are going to cry, lol. (The main talents often cry since it's usually pretty moving) My money's already on Princess since he cries at everything anyway, lol. 

Actually they've been playing live for MS quite a few times, I remember LIFE was played live (although I think it was faked for Super Live) and they played My Home last week (I would rather them play it live, it's really obvious when it's faked). In their concerts, they do play live all the time now (versus in the past, it was faked a lot). They usually make mistakes but I'd rather them actually be live and screw up over them faking it for show. 

Shiwake is a new show where they have to classify things (that's what shiwake means) -- what they did last week was they had to decide which of the 4 women in front of them (out of 8) were former juvenile deliquents. If they got it right, they would shake hands, if they were wrong, they'd get slapped Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_rCfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r It's pretty tame compared to Kanpani where they would literally get covered in flour or beaten  Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r (if you want to see them really FAIL, watch Kanpani!)

And

Quote    Reply   

#45 post_url

May 15 11 12:30 AM

ohh that must have been a huge honor for the boys. Lmao well I'm sure Princess won't disappoint you with the waterworks, though I can see Yoko giving him a run for his money. He looks like the type that won't stop once he starts. 

Yeah I remember them playing live last week. But at least they are playing live during concerts now, which I think are more important than TV shows since it's an opportunity for the fans to get close to them. 

Lmao I like the setup of the show. As a wild guess did Ryo and Maru got slapped the most? I don't know why but I'm picturing those two as the epic failures of that episode. Oh man so many shows, I don't even know where to start! it's hard getting into a fandom so late in the game haha. I really should have started last year when I watched them on Ontama. I don't know why I didn't! (actually that's how I found "LIFE" when I heard it at the beginning of Ontama). 

Con't

Last Edited By: babalina May 15 11 12:41 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

May 15 11 12:53 AM

Ryo wrote:
Their performance at Music station was better than last week's

but I think next time they would focus nishikido and subaru to rock songs
Well after I watched the show I tweeted, that Yoko & Hina should never be allowed to have solo lines in singles where they have to promote, ever! smiley: laugh LOL I can be so mean!

@Callandra,
Kanpani is totally a definition of K8-fail. It's so glorious to watch! smiley: roll

@babalina,

Last Edited By: whitedove May 15 11 1:04 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#47 post_url

May 15 11 1:10 AM

babalina wrote:
ohh that must have been a huge honor for the boys. Lmao well I'm sure Princess won't disappoint you with the waterworks, though I can see Yoko giving him a run for his money. He looks like the type that won't stop once he starts. 

Yeah I remember them playing live last week. But at least they are playing live during concerts now, which I think are more important than TV shows since it's an opportunity for the fans to get close to them. 

Lmao I like the setup of the show. As a wild guess did Ryo and Maru got slapped the most? I don't know why but I'm picturing those two as the epic failures of that episode. Oh man so many shows, I don't even know where to start! it's hard getting into a fandom so late in the game haha. I really should have started last year when I watched them on Ontama. I don't know why I didn't! (actually that's how I found "LIFE" when I heard it at the beginning of Ontama). 

Con't

No, I don't think Princess will disappoint! Actually Yoko is not the emotional type (although I think he's gotten more so over the past year since he lost his mother); he almost never cries publicly (same with Maru; the only time I've ever seen Maru get teary was at Kyocera on New Year's listening to Yoko's letter). Ryo is the other crybaby of K8 (although I think Subaru's getting there too =X). 

Ryo didn't get slapped last week! Maru did though, lol. I've never added it up, but I think Yoko got the most punishments on Kanpani Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r (he's like me where he just can't do anything, lol) Subaru may have been close behind because he failed at a lot of the stuff too, lol. 

It's hard to just come into a fandom! For TV shows, watch Kanpani!! Each episode is really short and every one was really funny. I liked the very last episode the best (all the drawing episodes were great ). 

@whitedove: you are mean!!! I like Yoko's voice =X (yeah, he's not a good singer but at least his voice is nice 043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r)  

The talk part on MS was pretty funny though this time.  3f1268864eb694bb8b9948c131757f941a97c5a3_r

continued

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

May 15 11 12:09 PM

Callandra wrote:
@whitedove: you are mean!!! I like Yoko's voice =X (yeah, he's not a good singer but at least his voice is nice 043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r)  

The talk part on MS was pretty funny though this time.  3f1268864eb694bb8b9948c131757f941a97c5a3_r

Sorry! smiley: laugh Can't help it, but agreed that Yoko's voice sounds nice on the record. However, he can't sing live to save his live! smiley: tongue

About the MS talk, I started grinning when Yoko brought up that story that I've heard so much. But I almost died laughing when Tamori said, "so that's why 'My Homo'?" OMG Yoko could've totally picked up the wrong story! smiley: laugh And I almost wished that someone would bring up Subaru's response to that story during the live, when he said, "no internal relationships! go get KAT-TUN or Arashi instead but not in the same group!" Or something like that. smiley: tongue

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

May 15 11 10:06 PM

That's really sad about Yoko 2da269c617b374468539f0cc19cfb94d0e5ce4be_r. And lol Ryo seems like the typical badass that is really a softie deep down. 

I take that the MS talk was one of those well known stories by the fans? I found it funny when all the guys were like "no no" after Tamori made that comment.

By the way it's someone's birthday today! 

@ whitedove:

@Callandra:

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

May 16 11 1:16 AM

@babalina,

About Yoko's live singing? LOL not sad at all! It is an eternal joke within the group and the fans as well, and in which Yoko would counter that Hina is also a bad singer, and that Subaru prefers Yoko's voice over Hina's, and he's extremely happy about that lol!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Callandra

JPC Admin

#51 post_url

May 16 11 3:35 AM

whitedove wrote:
Callandra wrote:

Sorry! smiley: laugh Can't help it, but agreed that Yoko's voice sounds nice on the record. However, he can't sing live to save his live! smiley: tongue

About the MS talk, I started grinning when Yoko brought up that story that I've heard so much. But I almost died laughing when Tamori said, "so that's why 'My Homo'?" OMG Yoko could've totally picked up the wrong story! smiley: laugh And I almost wished that someone would bring up Subaru's response to that story during the live, when he said, "no internal relationships! go get KAT-TUN or Arashi instead but not in the same group!" Or something like that. smiley: tongue
No, he's not a good live singer...but...but...he tries lol 

The story was sooo funny!!! Tamori sometimes can make these great comments, lol. That reminds me of the time YamaP was on MS and he had that failure moment with the mic falling over and everyone caught him lip-synching and Tamori's like, "YamaP, tsuyoku natte!!" lol (since it was a line from the song) 

And I think babalina meant it was sad that Yoko lost his mother? 

continued 

Happy birthday Princess!!!!  043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r

Quote    Reply   

QUINCY

無責任ヒーロー

#52 post_url

May 16 11 9:10 AM

Happy Birthday to Tacchon~ BananaMay all your wishes come true, Princess katie

Callandra, thanks for inviting me to this thread 2b51616bb9408690c27de67f2322208ef579f1c8_r

Actually, my interest in KJ8 only started a few months ago, and there are still tons of things to learn about them smiley: happy I've watched a few subbed videos of theirs, and I must say they hardly fail to amaze me smiley: laugh The funny thing is that my sister, who rarely listens to JPop, has recently been interested in them (well, more precisely, their music) as well Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r

@ babalina:

Last Edited By: QUINCY May 16 11 9:43 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#53 post_url

May 16 11 4:19 PM

Oh no no, I meant I feel bad about his mom. And lol he might not be the hottest singer out there but trust me I’ve heard much much MUCH worse. There is actually a fancam of a “singer” around youtube and whenever I need a quick “cheer me up” I go and watch it. It never fails to make me smile.

Hopefully Tacchon had a good birthday! 3f1268864eb694bb8b9948c131757f941a97c5a3_r.  At least we know he enjoyed his cake eatinggood

Tamori-san is such a funny character. He is all serious and quiet and then he says a witty thing that throws the whole studio off And I really got so much second hand embarrassment from that Yamapi story. Poor fish eyes.

And since we are already discussing MS, can I just say how much I love the guy that does the intros? He’s so dramatic and the things he says are cheesy as hell. Like last week he made a comment about perfume’s “sexy outfits” or how J Soul brothers would be “taking care of the ladies”, all in such a dramatic voice. He seriously had me cracking up with his comment about J Soul Brothers, I almost choked on my water.

@whitedove:

@Callandra:

@QUINCY:

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

May 17 11 3:28 AM

Happy birthday, Ohkura! He's 26 now!

@babalina,

Another thing I like about MS recently is the birth year hits. Those kids they were interviewing are so cute! And honest! And such classic songs too. Made me nostalgic. The 90s really are the years of singers-songwriters boom. And lol at the 3daime JSB comment. Of course they'll be taking care of the ladies. They're the younger, cuter version of EXILE! ;)

Hopefully K8 will go on MS again for 365 Nichi Kazoku. Some fans predicted that they won't, but I hope that's not the case.

Oh btw, sorry I misunderstood about the Yoko thing. Yup, it had been real hard for him last year.

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#55 post_url

May 17 11 4:26 AM

Welcome to the thread QUINCY!!!  B0b268e653b8a40783297dc6ad6c1609b0cb7980_r It's always nice to get new faces around here 0b316f6cbb4e8597ca8989fcb471e33318513e23_r

I like the birth year songs segment on MS too I like it more than some of the other segments they've done in the past. I really want K8 to go on another show to promote 365; all they've really been doing is MS I know TV Asahi loves them and all, but you'd think their management could at least get them on something else (I really want them to go on Domoto Kyodai again 11a362fa6ee5b6e04ae887259044c0f57f17093e_r it's already been a year and a half since their last appearance!!!). 

@babalina

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

May 17 11 8:18 AM

Callandra wrote:
I like the birth year songs segment on MS too I like it more than some of the other segments they've done in the past. I really want K8 to go on another show to promote 365; all they've really been doing is MS I know TV Asahi loves them and all, but you'd think their management could at least get them on something else (I really want them to go on Domoto Kyodai again 11a362fa6ee5b6e04ae887259044c0f57f17093e_r it's already been a year and a half since their last appearance!!!). 

I get jealous with fans of other younger Johnnys you know. They will go everywhere besides MS. They'll go to Music Japan, Hey3x, Music Fair, Music Fighter...And yet all K8 ever go to is MS. I was waiting for the time when Yoko would whine about how Teichiku is only good with radios but not with TV promotions. Or when Hina would complain about K8's CMs being shown only in the wee hours of the morning. They should totally do those again on Recomen one of these weeks, or when promotion for 365 Nichi Kazoku kick-starts. Is that still the case in Japan? Have you recently seen K8's promo CMs during primetime there?

Quote    Reply   

#57 post_url

May 17 11 10:17 AM

Yeah the kids' comments on that section are so funny. And I do think they might go to MS to promote the new single, I just don't think they'll be there 2 weeks in a row like with My Home. 

Do other groups like Arashi/KAT-TUN/SMAP ever go to other shows besides MS? it seems that's the only place where I've seen them perform. 

I watched a fancam of Futari no Hana. I really love that song to pieces 043267964bbd04dd8299e0c9ca8ee0329345548d_r.

@ Callandra:

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

May 18 11 2:37 AM

@babalina,

Popular Johnnys like SMAP/Arashi/KAT-TUN/NEWS/HSJ go to a lot of music shows. Kanjani8 have always been the only one only going to MS, and never to others.

For example, KAT-TUN will be on MS this Friday, and they've already been Music Japan as well as Nakai's Kamisun (if I'm not mistaken).

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#59 post_url

May 18 11 4:39 AM

^I think KT also went on Hey!x3 (I think they were on Monday; I watch the show before Hey!x3 on Fuji and I think I saw the prevew for it). 

For Kyuu Show Jou, a year and a half ago, they did go on a bunch of shows (Hey! x 3 -- but that appearance kind of sucked =X --, Music Fair -- hey, they should go on that again too!). The GIFT singles got almost no promotion (just Domoto Kyodai and Kanpani which doesn't even count). I don't know why NewS and KT get on so many shows and K8 is always shafted. I always feel so bad for Ryo when he appears with NewS because he looks so awkward and out of place; you can tell he doesn't want to be there  Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_rCfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r

@babalina

EDIT: @whitedove 

Umm, I haven't been watching much TV lately (except Mezamashi in the morning and Nep League, lol) but I don't remember seeing many T.W.L or My Home CMs. I think I saw T.W.L a few times on TV Asahi (during Ryo's drama but that's on late anyway). NewS and KT get way more TV spots. 

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

May 18 11 1:55 PM

@whitedove: Then I don't know why K8 would be getting the short end of the stick E5616568bd4e8991cba4bb392105821777defba3_r 

And lol News does need those extra promotions they can get 0012624644b554c88d29f5c028f9444a877319ef_r. But yeah Ryo seems very "blah" when he's with NEWS. I remember the first time I saw him with K8 on ontama I was like "woah woah who is this person? he is actually likable!". I'm still wondering why Japan is so in love with Yamapi. Seriously his acting keeps getting worse and worse (is that even possible?!?!). Is not a good singer, dancer, lacks charisma (at least in my opinion). He might be ok looking  I give him that...but I don't understand the fascination. But then again I have seen girls loosing sleep over Edward Cullen and that stupid Twilight drama so nothing in this life surprises me anymore. 

@ Callandra:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help