Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 11 16 4:12 PM

Tags : :

bio_zpswa2cmxt4.png

NCT, or Neo Culture Technology, is a boy group under SM Entertainment. The group is made up of several different teams put together for each of the different cities in the world.

NCT was announced on January 27, 2016 at the "SMTOWN: New Culture Technology, 2016" conference by Lee Soo Man. The group has unlimited members, thus members are able to join freely at any time. They will promote in the cities of Seoul and Tokyo and other major cities in China. Eventually they hope to promote in other locations such as South East Asia and Latin America. One song will be released the group and then re-released in different languages. The goal of the group is to localize hallyu.

On April 4, 2016, S.M. Entertainment announced NCT's first unit, NCT U, consisting of six members: Taeil, Taeyong, Doyoung, Ten, Jaehyun and Mark. Based in Seoul, they were said to be the alpha unit of NCT, with an added emphasis on rap. On July 1, S.M. Entertainment announced NCT's second unit, NCT 127. NCT 127 is based in Seoul, with the number 127 representing the longitude coordinates of Seoul. The unit consists of seven members: Taeil, Taeyong, Yuta, Jaehyun, WinWin, Mark and Haechan; with Taeyong being the leader.

Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCT_(band)
Generasia page: http://www.generasia.com/wiki/NCT

latest_zpsfuwvcted.png

NCT 127 - 1st Mini-Album 「NCT #127」
2016.07.27 Released
Featured members: Taeil, Taeyong, Yuta, Jaehyun, WinWin, Mark, Haechan

[Tracklist]
01. Fire Truck (소방차 / Sobangcha)
02. Once Again (여름 방학 / Yeoreum Banghag; Summer Vacation)
03. Wake Up
04. Another World
05. Paradise
06. Mad City
07. Switch (feat. SR15B)

disco_zpszgr03qxn.png

NCT U - 2nd Digital Single 「WITHOUT YOU」
2016.04.10 Released
Featured members: Taeil, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Kun (Chinese ver.)

[Tracklist]
01. WITHOUT YOU (Sung by Jaehyun, Doyoung, Taeil)
02. WITHOUT YOU (Sung by Kun, Jaehyun, Doyoung, Taeil)

NCT U - 1st Digital Single 「The 7th Sense」 (일곱 번째 감각)
2016.04.10 Released
Featured members: Taeyong, Doyoung, Ten, Jaehyun, Mark

[Tracklist]
01. The 7th Sense (일곱 번째 감각 / Ilgob Beonjjae Gamgak)

members_zpsbuugchz0.png

imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage

links_zpsfmtgcb8l.png

NCT Official Website
http://nct.smtown.com/
NCT 127 Official Website
http://nct127.smtown.com/

Official Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/NCT.smtown/
Official YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/nctsmtown/
NCT 127 Official Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nct127/

Last Edited By: LeeLeeNeko Aug 24 16 1:54 PM. Edited 4 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 post_url

Jul 11 16 4:21 PM

Sorry I wasn't that inspired for the first post but I'm loving "Fire Truck" and the entire mini-album so much that I wanted to create a thread for them smiley: laugh I'll update it later with more informations.
Somehow I didn't really like "The 7th Sense" but I was completely addicted to "WITHOUT YOU". Anyway they seem pretty talented so I hope you guys will check them out. smiley: smile

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Jul 11 16 10:25 PM

See, I LOVED The 7th Sense tbh. Without You was alright but inferior to me haha.
Also I'm so upset that I like them so much I didn't want to from the get-go because the entire concept sounds so ridiculous but this music is so gooood (granted, it helps that LDN Noise is SM's go-to for bangers nowadays lolol)

Sidenote, did they ever explain what the U stands for? I know they said 127 was the longitude coordinate for Seoul, but I hadn't heard what the U was for

Quote    Reply   

#5 post_url

Jul 13 16 11:10 AM

Fire Truck Performance Video:

I actually think I prefer this version smiley: laugh I love the choreography so much, I'm praying for a dance practice video.
Also I didn't know before making this thread that Mark was 16 (17 in a few weeks). Holy crap the kid can rap smiley: eek

Quote    Reply   

#7 post_url

Jul 13 16 8:31 PM

I'm so mad, my friend read the comments and stumbled upon a theory saying that the boys are all angels following this one girl as she grows up and protecting her, AND IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE BUT ALSO THE VIDEO ITSELF MAKES NO SENSE AND WHY IS THAT THE ONLY LOGICAL CONCLUSION

Quote    Reply   

#8 post_url

Jul 13 16 9:49 PM

sora2522 wrote:
I'm so mad, my friend read the comments and stumbled upon a theory saying that the boys are all angels following this one girl as she grows up and protecting her, AND IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE BUT ALSO THE VIDEO ITSELF MAKES NO SENSE AND WHY IS THAT THE ONLY LOGICAL CONCLUSION

That's actually the "explanation" SM gave after it was called out for sexual implications.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Jul 14 16 7:25 AM

^ Haha yeah you can read the article here!

For everyone wracking their brains trying to figure out what in the world is happening in NCT 127's "Fire Truck" MV, here's your answer!
The group's debut song has been garnering much attention for its creative, yet strange MV. Some netizens have even called it inappropriate, seemingly containing sexual undertones.

On July 8, the creators of the confounding MV stepped up to clarify the real meaning behind the odd storyline! According to SM Entertainment, the main character (the little girl) is protected by the 7 members throughout the MV, as if they are her guardian angels who show up to 'turn off' the girl's troubles with their fire hose. NCT 127 appear whenever she's put in a dangerous situation. In addition, scenes capturing NCT 127 spraying water are meant to portray the cool and refreshing concept to combat the hot summer.

You can watch their V-Live broadcast fully subbed in English on NCT's official channel here:
http://www.vlive.tv/video/10995/

WinWin looks like he can barely say anything in Korean, I guess that's why he pretty much didn't get any line in "Fire Truck". It must be really stressful for him so I hope the other members are taking care of him haha. So they apparently have 3 bedrooms in their dorm; one with Mark, Yuta and Jaehyun; one with Taeyong and Haechan (who seem to get along very well smiley: laugh); and one with Taeil and WinWin (who seem to have their own secret language to communicate).

By the way they're apparently getting their own reality show called "aBOUT NCT 127", it will be broadcasted through their NAVER V NCT Channel and the NAVER TVCAST SMTOWN Channel on July 16, 10PM (KST).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 post_url

Jul 18 16 1:58 PM

^ You can also watch all their V-LIVE Broadcasts / NCT LIFE episodes subbed in English on their V-LIVE Channelsmiley: smile

I felt bad for Taeyong. We've all done stupid things when we were younger, most likely not to such an extent but still. He seems to be putting so much pressure on himself with the group debuting and him being the leader of it. The fact that SM is pretty much putting all the attention on him must actually be quite burdensome. I also hate how Koreans always need to focus on the smallest shitty thing idols do and then pour as much hatred as they can onto them. How can you feel better after insulting someone, hiding behind your computer screen? smiley: eyes

Anyway... I love how gentle Taeil seems to be, kinda reminds me of Onew (duh) smiley: laugh. Somehow he makes me think of Kyuhyun even more (tho I don't know shit about him). And damn Mark has really come a long way. It's impressive how passionate and devoted he seems to be at such a young age. It's really heart-warming.

It's been years since I ordered anything other than SHINee stuff but I had to get their album. It's so good! They're doing pretty well too; they're #1 on the Hanteo weekly album chart.

Quote    Reply   

#13 post_url

Jul 25 16 1:43 AM

The upcoming SM Station release will be a "Taste The Feeling" cover by NCT 127!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIPzl0hhvC_/

It's being used as a CF song for the Coca-Cola Olympics campaign. You can hear a preview of it here.
This is a great opportunity for them! Kinda wish it'd just be included in their mini as a bonus track, it might've boosted the sales even more (which are already pretty good considering they sold more than 30k physical copies of the album so far).

Their version actually sounds great, not like that cheesy French version we had in France a while back smiley: eyes (they actually changed it back to the original version after a some time smiley: laugh).

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Aug 19 16 1:05 PM

A new unit is already coming! smiley: eek NCT Dream will debut on August 24th!
An Instagram account was created with a teaser featuring Jisung, who wasn't part of any NCT unit so far.
He's actually... 14... (or 15 in Korea) Apparently there are rumors saying that this unit will only be composed of younger members. Haechan and Mark were missing from a few NCT 127 activities recently so I guess they'll obviously be part of this unit as well.
Anyway from the picture I guess it's obvious they're going to have a cute concept. Judging from the account name, the title of the song is probably going to be "Chewing Gum".

I don't really like cute concepts but I'm pretty excited nonetheless smiley: laugh I know it's not the first time a group features members who didn't hit puberty (lol), but wow I don't remember seeing a group with a 14 year old member. Edit: Oh I just realized Taemin was 14 when SHINee debuted...... I feel old smiley: laugh

EDIT²: The website is now open: http://nctdream.smtown.com/
There will be 7 members, aged between 14 and 17 years old. The group's average age is apparently 15.6. The title track is indeed called "Chewing Gum", but we have no information on what the actual release will be (whether it is a mini-album, an album or just a digital single). A new member will be revealed every 12 hours.

All the member posters:

image image image image image image image

Jisung (Park Jisung) - DOB: February 5, 2002 (age 14) - Position: Dancer - Born in Seoul, South Korea
Chenle (Zhōng Chénlè) - DOB: November 22, 2001 (age 14) - Position: Vocals - Born in Shanghai, China
Jeno (Lee Jeno) - DOB: April 23, 2000 (age 16) - Position: ? - Born in Seoul, South Korea
Haechan (Lee Donghyuk) - DOB: June 6, 2000 (age 16) - Position: Vocals - Born in Jeju, South Korea
Mark (Lee Minhyung) - DOB: August 2, 1999 (age 17) - Position: Rapper - Born in Vancouver, Canada
Renjun (Huang Renjun) - DOB: March 23, 2000 (age 16) - Position: ? - Born in Jilin, China
Jaemin (Na Jaemin) - DOB: August 13, 2000 (age 16) - Position: ? - Born in Seoul, South Korea

Chenle wasn't part of the SM Rookies. He is apparently well-known in China - he's released 3 albums there and has already held a solo concert. Renjun wasn't part of the SM Rookies either. Mark is probably the leader of this unit - actually I read a theory on Tumblr (which is obviously the most reliable source you can find) explaining that each member has his own concept in each teaser picture (obviously Jisung = desserts / Chenle = fruits / Jeno = school...) and Mark just seems to combine all these different aspects as he would be the leader... It kinda sounds plausible to me but I dunno...

Last Edited By: LeeLeeNeko Aug 22 16 5:56 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

Aug 22 16 8:16 AM

Teaser pictures:

image image image image image image
image image image

Music videos teasers:

NCT (Neo Culture Technology)’s teenage boy team “NCT DREAM” will be releasing their debut single “Chewing Gum” on the 27th of August (KST). The team consists of seven young members named CHENLE, RENJUN, JAEMIN, JISUNG, JENO, MARK, and HAECHAN and aged between 14 and 17 with an average age of 15.6! Their debut single titled “Chewing Gum” is a teen pop dance song that goes well with the energy they have. Enjoy the music video teaser of their title song “Chewing Gum”(choreographed by Kyle Hanagami) and stay tuned for the updates!
I guess they changed the release date to August 27th. They'll probably release another MV teaser soon. I can already feel this song is going to be stuck in my head for the next couple of months. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Aug 24 16 1:59 PM

This is so cute smiley: laugh It's really weird to see NCT going from "Fire Truck" to this haha. Anyway I like the song, it's kinda wacky à la "Dumb Dumb". The chorus is really addictive. I wish it wasn't just a digital single tho.

Edit: added the Chinese version. Oh and if you don't want to have the chorus replaying in your head for days I don't think you should listen to the song. smiley: rollCh-ch-ch-ch-chewing gum
I really love Mark's rap and for once I actually like the Chinese version a lot, maybe more than the original. Can a sinophone tell us if their pronounciation is good? Actually Mark's Chinese rap sounds surprisingly smooth to me but I might be completely wrong.

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Aug 24 16 3:16 PM

This song is sooooooooo not my style lolol. ALSO THEY ARE LITERAL CHILDREN AND GETTING SO GAY LIKE OMFG

The Chinese is alright. My mom and I watched it together, and she said she needed to read the subs in order to really understand what they were saying (but to be fair, most Chinese songs can be that way due ot the inherent lack of accents...) You can TOTALLY hear the foreign accents in the way that they're singing though, but Mark's rap sounded pretty good actually

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help