Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 10 16 2:26 PM

Tags : :

Suiyoubi no Campanella (水曜日のカンパネラ)

<Biography>
Suiyoubi no Campanella (which literally translates to Wednesday Campanella) is a Japanese electronic music group formed in 2012. The group consists of KOM_I (perfomer, singer), Hidefumi Kenmochi (music producer), and Dir.F. (director). Suiyoubi no Campanella released their first demo, which included the songs “Oz” and “KUKAI”, on YouTube in the summer of 2012. One of the reasons that the artist name, Suiyoubi no Campanella, came about is because the group held most of their meetings on Wednesdays. Suiyoubi no Campanella was originally named as a group project, but currently, only KOM_I takes the stage at their concerts.

<Discography>
Albums: 
[2013.05.15] Crawl to Gyakuagari
[2013.10.09] Rashomon 
[2014.02.26] Cinema Jack 
[2014.06.25] Amin Tofu (cover album)
[2014.10.29] Watashi wo Onigashima ni Tsuretette 
[2015.04.15] Triathlon (EP)
[2015.11.11] Zipangu
[2016.01.27] Jugem' je t'aime (compilation)
[2016.06.28] UMA (mini-album)
[2017.02.08] SUPERMAN 

Last Edited By: DeepFried Dec 11 16 11:42 AM. Edited 10 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Apr 10 16 2:35 PM

I couldn't find much information on them and I'm not entirely sure on how to describe their sound so here are some examples from their last studio album, "Zipangu". They have interesting MVs as well!

"Medusa"

"Ra"

"Match Uri no Shoujo"

"Chupacabra"

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#2 post_url

Apr 10 16 3:17 PM

how have I not known about this band before? if house-hop was a genre I guess this is what it would sound like. now excuse me while I download all their music I can find.

Quote    Reply   

#3 post_url

Apr 10 16 7:24 PM

Glad they're finally releasing a major debut album!

They're already quite big, a friend saw them at Zepp Tokyo a month or two ago. They even played SxSW festival last month!

They're pretty awesome and love their style of music, but live the singer is a bit off when singing.

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Apr 11 16 8:46 AM

I absolutely love them!, just found about their music recently and got really hooked to their beats.

My favorite song of them is actually this one

Really looking forward to their major debut <3.

Quote    Reply   

#5 post_url

Apr 11 16 1:14 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
how have I not known about this band before? if house-hop was a genre I guess this is what it would sound like. now excuse me while I download all their music I can find.
There's also Charisma.com if you haven't listened to their music yet. They're kinda similar groups. 

I'm happy that they're becoming quite big. Their music is unique and well produced. It took me a while to get used to KOM_I's vocals but now I'm enjoying almost everything they're putting out.  "Chupacabra" will definitely be on the next album. I hope their sound won't change too much.

Quote    Reply   

#6 post_url

Apr 11 16 9:07 PM

They're great and fresh, love how they're different from current jpop. I love the Ra MV. I hope now that they're going major, label doesn't change their sound and gives them a better budget for MVs.

Quote    Reply   

#8 post_url

Apr 16 16 8:29 AM

So yeah, we got the album's name which stands for Unidentified Mysterious Animal. It'll have 2 editions; regular and limited.

Performance at SXSW:

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#9 post_url

Apr 16 16 10:36 PM

I like Chupacabra a lot. I'll have to check out that album once it's out.

DeepFried wrote:
There's also Charisma.com if you haven't listened to their music yet. They're kinda similar groups.

Not that there's anything wrong with Suiyoubi, but I'd put Charisma.com on another level.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Apr 17 16 3:45 AM

Wow so I just gave this group a listen and I am blown away. Zipangu is one of the best things I've heard all year

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

Apr 20 16 1:26 PM

Charisma.com is pretty awesome, yeah! But I somehow prefer Suiyoubi no Campanella even though I listened to Charisma.com way before.

On another note, does anyone want a Charisma.com thread?

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#12 post_url

May 30 16 11:08 PM

Regular edition is ¥2,315+tax, limited edition is ¥3,611+tax. Only 7 tracks on the album, and limited edition includes a t-shirt.

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Jun 20 16 5:55 AM

It's not surprising that people might not know about them since there were indie for quite some time. I listened to some of their songs 2 weeks ago with my brother and his wife while we were drinking and this guys go off. I really should listen to them more attentively. Glad they are getting a major release.

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Jun 21 16 5:36 AM

^ Ooh, I'm intrigued, this sounds real good to me and quite unusual for current JPop trends. It's a sealed deal, I'm downloading the discography and romanizing all the lyrics.

Quote    Reply   

#18 post_url

Jun 22 16 9:47 AM

UMA is amazing on the first listen! Here's the tracklist:

01 チュパカブラ (Chupacabra)
02 ツチノコ (Tsuchinoko)
03 雪男イエティ (Yuki Otoko Yeti)
04 ユニコ (Unicorn)
05 フェニックス (Phoenix)
06 バク (Baku)
07 クラーケン (Kraken)

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#19 post_url

Jun 23 16 5:26 PM

This is a good album. Right now that Yeti song is my favorite.

I've put up kanji+romanized lyrics here.
Some spacing/phrasing might be off, and I'll probably go back and make the words not so tiny, but at least now y'all can sing along.

Last Edited By: Moh Jun 24 16 11:19 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Jun 25 16 12:56 PM

Thanks Moh for the romanized lyrics! Their lyrics are weird but it makes their music more interesting.

I'd say my favorite tracks are those that got an MV, "Chupacabra" and "Tsuchinoko".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help