Remove this ad

#41 post_url

May 2 11 12:53 PM

FFVIII really needed/needs a sequel and I will be forever butthurt at the amount of attention FFVII received when its' story continued.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

May 2 11 6:04 PM

I'm considering getting a PSP just so I can buy the new FF4 bundle. I had "The After Years" on my Wii, but unfortunately my Wii is dead.

FFIV and FFVI were defintely my favorites in the series.

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

May 2 11 7:26 PM

If a FFVIII sequel or remake was in the works, I'm sure every Final Fantasy fan would be really pissed off.
Everyone hated VIII  to bits, and I'm sure most fans would prefer SE to spend their time on future Final Fantasy games, or an another FFVII remake or sequel,  instead of  focusing on the black sheep of the FF series.
I just have a feeling that FFVIII would never be taken seriously, so I'm sure everyone would just bash the heck out of a FFVIII remake.
I say let FFVIII be in FFVII's shadow, it's better than releasing a remake which would probably just be a laughing stock later on.

Quote    Reply   

#44 post_url

May 2 11 11:26 PM

I loved VIII's world, characters, story, and elements ect. The only thing that got me about it was the fucking menus. Having to switch EVERYTHING every fucking time was just ugh. Mostly because im not a person who only plays like 3 characters and neglects the others. Other than that I love the game. Im all for a sequel/remake as long as they streamline the junction menu.

Admittedly it would be weird to see anything extra for VIII before something new for VII (game wise) like a remake. or VI for that matter.

Quote    Reply   

#45 post_url

May 3 11 11:13 AM

^ I always had Squall, Zell and Quistis in my team (though sometimes I'd take Rinoa too). Good times.

Wotaku B wrote:
FFVIII really needed/needs a sequel and I will be forever butthurt at the amount of attention FFVII received when its' story continued.

Same here, FFVII is over-rated when it comes to just about everything besides materia system and it's far from the epicness FFVIII was. A remake of FFVIII would be a dream come true as unlike FFVII this one has amazing cities which would look stunning in HD.

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

May 3 11 11:59 AM

^ You liked FFVIII system? It was a fucking mess. And I hated those 30-minute tutorials

@Getonmybus: I thought IX was the black sheep from the PS era, since many people seem to forget it lol

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

May 3 11 1:00 PM

^ I did cuz you had so much freedom! Though yeah it would be cooler if there were actual weapons and accessories xD and yeah drawing magic can be a drag sometimes, but after Materia, Junction is my fave system.

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

May 4 11 4:33 PM

Love FF but been super disappointed with the last few. 13 was god-awful (pretty though) as was 12 (IMO). The last one I loved was X-2.

I scored FF Anthology and FF Chronicles off (only ones I'm missing on PSX) on Kijiji for 10 dollars the other day lol.

Quote    Reply   

ayukuuangel

#57 post_url

May 15 11 8:53 AM

Getonmybus wrote:
If a FFVIII sequel or remake was in the works, I'm sure every Final Fantasy fan would be really pissed off.
Everyone hated VIII  to bits, and I'm sure most fans would prefer SE to spend their time on future Final Fantasy games, or an another FFVII remake or sequel,  instead of  focusing on the black sheep of the FF series.
I just have a feeling that FFVIII would never be taken seriously, so I'm sure everyone would just bash the heck out of a FFVIII remake.
I say let FFVIII be in FFVII's shadow, it's better than releasing a remake which would probably just be a laughing stock later on.

The black sheep of the FF series was always FFIX, or so I thought

Anyway FFVIII and FFIX are my favorites off FF (along with X)!
They had the most incredible plots, gosh how I cried when Rinoa had to parts ways with the group and squall just because that bitch Ultimecia possessed her,
god I love FFVIII, even though the jucntion thing was sometimes annoying, I love this game, just love it (100% same goes for IX) so if there would be VIII-2 and IX-2 I would probably serve every square-enix worker a free service of...nevermind what

Yeah I'm exaggerating but it would be cool!

I will never understand why FFVII's the fans' favorite but oh well.
I loved it, but for me it holds nothing against VIII & IX (or X).

Last Edited By: ayukuuangel May 15 11 8:56 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

May 15 11 10:40 AM

Tij wrote:
props to her... B0b268e653b8a40783297dc6ad6c1609b0cb7980_r

I guess FFXIII-2 will be delayed once again. double delay is becoming the new industry standard.

When it was originally announced it was said it would come out in Winter 2011 in Japan and we never had a real release date or anything. Are you referring to Versus perhaps?

Quote    Reply   

#59 post_url

May 15 11 11:17 AM

ayukuuangel wrote:

The black sheep of the FF series was always FFIX, or so I thought

Anyway FFVIII and FFIX are my favorites off FF (along with X)!
They had the most incredible plots, gosh how I cried when Rinoa had to parts ways with the group and squall just because that bitch Ultimecia possessed her,
god I love FFVIII, even though the jucntion thing was sometimes annoying, I love this game, just love it (100% same goes for IX) so if there would be VIII-2 and IX-2 I would probably serve every square-enix worker a free service of...nevermind what

Yeah I'm exaggerating but it would be cool!

I will never understand why FFVII's the fans' favorite but oh well.
I loved it, but for me it holds nothing against VIII & IX (or X).

The black sheep of the series is most certainly II, lol (and for good reason, in my opinion). But if you're only talking about the latter era(s) of Final Fantasy, I'd go with VIII because: 1.) it was heavily hyped, having come after VII, but it wasn't what most people expected it to be (exactly like VII, I assume, lol); therefore, people went against it, even those who didn't think that it was 'bad'. 2.) VIII has a decent following, despite the general negative feedback it gets. However, IX seems to have a huge following - just that nobody talks about it much, hah. Also, unlike VIII, when people don't talk about/remember IX, I've found that it's usually not because they don't like it or anything. But with VIII, there is a large group of people who have some contempt for it. >.>

A main reason as to why VII gets all the glory is simply because it was the first of the era that would define not only FF, but many RPGs in general. And no, I don't mean that because of it's story or such, but just because it was the first FF to be in 3D, the first on the Playstation, the first to heavily deviate from its norm, etc. I'm willing to bet a lot of money that if VIII had come out in place of VII, and vice versa, Squall would be the series' poster boy. Of course, VII does have a unique appeal to it that would cause general fame, no matter what, but that's not what propelled it to staple status or anything, honestly.

I am so in love with VIII's story, and it really does need a sequal..... On the other hand, I'm terribly afraid that they'd fuck it up horribly, and that it would ruin the first one, even. D: As for IX, despite it being my favourite, I don't want a sequal. It really doesn't need one, does it? It had the epitome of a storybook ending and everything so, there's nothing to clear up or anything, hah. And also, I like it just the way it is. Everything from the story to the music to the graphics - I wouldn't change a thing.

Last Edited By: Naomi Crescent May 15 11 11:21 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

May 15 11 3:26 PM

shaffy oppa wrote:
Again? When was it delayed the first time? 
njanjayrp wrote:
When it was originally announced it was said it would come out in Winter 2011 in Japan and we never had a real release date or anything. Are you referring to Versus perhaps?
I read somewhere that the JP release is Q4 2011. sorry for the confusion...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help