Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Apr 27 11 12:45 AM

We clearly need to form a club.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

Apr 27 11 4:45 AM

Haven't played any since they first went online with FFXI and the horror that was X-2.

But loved the gameplay of FFIX, favourite vocal theme song of the series also. Very underloved FF game.

OT, but still Square, started playing Chrono Trigger on the DS for the first time last night and loving it. Gonna move onto FFIV once I'm finished with that.

Last Edited By: ligature Apr 27 11 4:57 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#24 post_url

Apr 28 11 1:29 PM

Why the fuck everyone hate on FFX-2 sure story was shit. However, I thought the game play was fabulous. You just want to keep those independent ladies down.

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Apr 28 11 3:05 PM

^

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that But I'm sad they wasted some interesting characters like Shuyin and Lenne >_>

I need XIII right now. I'm so waiting for XIII Versus already Noctis *ç*

Anyone liked Dirge of Cerberus?

Last Edited By: Christi Apr 28 11 4:38 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Apr 28 11 3:27 PM

Outgrow wrote:
Why the fuck everyone hate on FFX-2 sure story was shit. However, I thought the game play was fabulous. You just want to keep those independent ladies down.

One of the first time i agree with you gurl

Paine was my jam <3

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

Apr 28 11 4:14 PM

Outgrow wrote:

+1 <3
Thing is, though, it only gets shit overseas (maybe only in the U.S.?). It's much more accepted in Japan, and even loved by a good chunk of fans (which, all of that makes perfect sense, of course--especially in the U.S., you can almost never have something cute or silly that isn't automatically shit, just because, lol). And that's what matters most, probably, hah.

Oh, and Christi, I liked Dirge of Cerberus. Wasn't a GREAT game, but certainly not the horrible piece of junk that people make it out to be. I had fun playing through it, and I might play it in full another time or two. Which is much more than I can say about XIII, lmao. (Still stuck in the middle. So boring....)

Last Edited By: Naomi Crescent Apr 28 11 4:16 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Apr 28 11 4:39 PM

I liked Dirge of Cerberus 'cause I'm a huge Vincent fan. The main problem with DoC and X-2 is that they're too damn short >_> And I wanted to use Cloud so much when he appeared lol but no

XIII seems so good but I still need to buy a PlayStation 3

Last Edited By: Christi Apr 28 11 4:44 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

Apr 28 11 6:09 PM

I recently re-did FFIX, it's really a fun game, a bit too short for me though. I finished it as quickly as the first time, and I did 99% of the extra quests this time.. But the gameplay is great, the storyline could be better, but I don't know, I just love it the way it is <3

I would tend to say FFVII would be my ultimate favorite because it has a special place in my heart. It was my very first ps One game, I spent so much time on it lmao.. enjoyed every single piece of it. I didn't enjoy FFVIII that much, the storyline was great but the gameplay was very annoying to begin with. Wanted to try again lately but for some reason, my ps2 won't let me save on my ps one memory card...
Shuy
FFX is my close second favorite, it's pretty, interesting and very enjoyable! FFX-2 was also great in its own way, I mean I was a bit disapointed by the storyline at first, but it's a very enjoyable game!
FFXII was boring to death didn't even bothered to finish it..

And FFXIII was quite nice! A bit too linear but fun.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

Apr 28 11 9:27 PM

I liked FFX-2 but I eventually became an idol fan so that may have something to do with it .

I like FFVII a lot but the two that came after it really just improved on everything in my opinion. I often feel like people who think VII is the best are blinded by nostalgia.

How do people dislike XII but like XIII? XIII was just everything that was terrible about XII put into one game with none of the good.

Quote    Reply   

ChronicleV

#32 post_url

Apr 29 11 12:20 PM

HELLO THERE FFIX LOVERS!!! BEST FF EVER. PERIOD.

Also, +1 on the FFX-2 love. Yeah sure, the story was lame, but the gameplay was fun as hell. I always question whether the haters actually tried to achieve 100% in that game. That's what made it so fun... I'm on my 4th playthrough of it now. There's just so much to do in that game! In my 3rd game I actually oversouled all fiends and got that awesome garment grid. So much fun.

I'm even gonna say this: FFX-2 >>>>> FFXIII. XIII's story execution was pure shit. Who wrote that script and screenplay, seriously? The linearity didn't help at all. And the villains? I roll my eyes every time I think about their "character development". Hell, not even the protagonists got much development, other than Hope. And I'm not even a fan of that character... The character's motivations throughout the game? MADE NO SENSE. Or just, a LACK of motivation. It's like the path was already set out for them, and they just followed whatever, with lame dialogue explaining how they're running away or trying to track down something. And then when things get stale, some bad guy appears, OR a previous "good guy" turns bad and say their long ass monologues that make no sense, and you just end up fighting and fighting and fighting throughout the whole game, unsure of what your goal is. And the little things, like the logic of the worlds...they just bothered me. The lack of explanation of what the "Purge" actually was really and just the logic of a world within a world brought out some unnecessary confusion.

tl;dr: FFXIII sucked.

/end long-ass rant

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

Apr 29 11 2:52 PM

There's a lot in ffxiii that needs to be read in order to understand some bits but overall I think the game was let down by the awful dialogue and lack of development.

FFXII didn't have much in the way of character development but I still think it's one of the best FFs to date. The world had a lot going for it as well as the gameplay.

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

Apr 30 11 2:04 AM

FFX-2 was pretty good. The story was so-so, but the gameplay was loads of fun. Now Dirge of Cerberus was a snooze fest for me, but I've never seen a point in making those spin offs that just don't add up anything interesting to the original game. FFIX was a good game, but compared to FFVIII and FFX (or even FFVI) it's just not as good, especially when it comes to characters and challenging battles.

Last Edited By: njanjayrp Apr 30 11 2:08 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#35 post_url

Apr 30 11 1:27 PM

IX is~ easy as fuck, hah. ...Except for Ozma. And stealing. (Shit, it takes soooooo fucking long to steal the good items sometimes!! .__.)

So glad that so many people are finally willing to admit the awesome-ness of X-2's gameplay.

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

Apr 30 11 5:03 PM

Because of the love for FF9 in this thread, I guess I'll try to replay this game.

The only thing I hate about this game is that all the characters look like midgets.

Quote    Reply   

#37 post_url

Apr 30 11 6:32 PM

Surprisingly, I enjoyed playing FF9 more the 2nd time then the 1st time. I agree also that FF10-2 had good gameplay but the story sucked.

Quote    Reply   

#38 post_url

May 1 11 2:02 AM

I learned to love XIII, so yea... XIII was good to me, XII was the only one that had no replay value to me. Heck I didn't even do the side quests and obtain all the summons. And it is always a MUST for me with all the other titles.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

May 2 11 7:05 AM

Yay for all the FFIX love. To be honest, the first time I played it, I stopped playing even before I got to Lindblum. It was such a shock after FFVIII, which was all about futuristic and abstract concepts. I only started playing FFIX again about a year later I think, and I fell in love. For years I had been stuck with science fiction-esque games and movies, and suddenly there's FFIX, fantasy at a different level.

To be honest, I still prefer FFVIII and the void it left. So many questions unanswered. But FFIX's execution was a zillion times better.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help