Remove this ad

#3061 post_url

Jun 23 15 2:29 PM

misreading <3
But i love how friendly jpop fans are. you may have a lot of friends

Last Edited By: truthteller Jun 23 15 2:32 PM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

#3062 post_url

Jun 23 15 2:38 PM

truthteller wrote:
so to you being a travesty is a bad thing? gotta love the transphobia in this thread <3

Er... you know, Google has a dictionary built into its searches now.  You might want to try that out.

#3064 post_url

Jun 23 15 3:55 PM

In portuguese, travesti means transexual woman. Maybe he's Brazilian and got confused with the English word lol

#3065 post_url

Jun 23 15 3:56 PM

You people who say I TO YOU, YOU ARE THE ONE and B Who I Want To B are the worst must have never heard Joy... That song is just... smiley: sick

#3067 post_url

Jun 23 15 4:30 PM

Omg Joy is like one of my fav in SWEET 19 BLUES.. I think it's actually the first few Jpop songs that followed the Pop singer featuring rapper collaboration in Japan.
Some of her worst songs are definitely in Break the rules. (LOOKING FOR YOU omg ew)

#3068 post_url

Jun 23 15 5:08 PM

Concentration20 wrote:
sora2522 wrote:

Concentration20 wrote:

3 songs were released beforehand. Even if Hands on me was digitally released just a week beforehand, it's still different experiance when you listen to an album from start to finish without knowing any of the songs.

Yeah but the leaks for this album were completely different than from any other J-Pop releases I've ever seen. And both Golden Touch and Anything's music videos were uploaded onto Youtube in full. You could still use the same logic in that regards to say that they're about the same, although I see where you're coming from
You have a point. It mostly had to do with my restaint and simply being busy when the hype for this album was happening. I didn't really pay attention to any of the leaks or the the short videos, and since I pre ordered my album from amazon japan, it literally arrived 1 day after the release date which surprised me. So I spent the past 2 weeks just marinating with _genic without any preconceived notions.
Yeah, I know that feeling haha. I avoided all of the leaks, but I heard Golden Touch and Anything in full due to the Youtube videos. I typically avoid previews too but for this one, I couldn't resist. And I'm glad I did listen, cuz the videography(?) for the album teaser was great too

#3069 post_url

Jun 23 15 9:01 PM

deebosco wrote:
Omg Joy is like one of my fav in SWEET 19 BLUES.. I think it's actually the first few Jpop songs that followed the Pop singer featuring rapper collaboration in Japan.
Some of her worst songs are definitely in Break the rules. (LOOKING FOR YOU omg ew)
agree! LOOKING FOR YOU is like a drunk Namie trying to sing.

#3070 post_url

Jun 23 15 10:41 PM

But... But I actually love Looking For You. Break The Rules has very few songs I come back to, but Looking For You is one of them. I think it's cute...

Remove this ad

NATE

JPC Admin

#3071 post_url

Jun 23 15 10:48 PM

Out of all the songs on break the rules including the title track itself and LOOKING FOR YOU is ew? Get taste please!

Actually, I hope Namie brings that song back since she's singing so much English these days.

#3072 post_url

Jun 24 15 12:13 AM

_genic album sales in #5 with 29,474 copies.   I love this album almost all of the songs get stuck in my head repeatably.  As I write Time Has Come is in my head now.smiley: laugh

Last Edited By: moonbunny28 Jun 24 15 12:17 AM. Edited 2 times.

#3073 post_url

Jun 24 15 4:54 AM

my CD arrived, and listened in past 2 days. its not what i imagined to be a sequel to FEEL. Genic is even more westernized, like a collection of hits, without a coherence or concept the way FEEL has. FEEL is probably the height she will never scale again, which in no way belittles Genic. I never think her English is an issue. just that Genic does not sound like a Namie album. so far i like TimeHasCome, Birthday, Scream, Fashionista, Every Woman, Space Invader, Stranger. Golden Touch is average (with an average PV), the rest has yet to catch my attention, the Miku-collab song is weird so i skipped every time
Lyrics wise Fashionista is my fav. Perhaps Birthday should be renamed 'Carpe Diem'.

#3074 post_url

Jun 24 15 6:32 AM

Concentration20 wrote:

lmao but YOU ARE THE ONE feat. IMAJIN isn't even that bad, it's just the arrangment that's awkward. Some parts sound good, but then imajin comes in and it's like ohwell.gif

I only dislike the single version - the arrangement is a snooze fest, and Namie's vocals got really off key for some reason. The album version fixes that up tons.

"Joy" and "YOU ARE THE ONE feat. IMAGIN" (single version) are the two songs not even my Namie love can save. "Let's not fight" comes close to that, but just because it's quite boring.

NATE wrote:
Out of all the songs on break the rules including the title track itself and LOOKING FOR YOU is ew? Get taste please!

Actually, I hope Namie brings that song back since she's singing so much English these days.
You know, I used to be obsessed with "LOOKING FOR YOU", but I think I overplayed it big time. Now it's just all right. However, there's no denying that her English is on point in that song. Whoever it was who coached her should be her English coach every single time.
And agreed about "break the rules". Love that song. Actually, I really like the album on the whole - I've never understood why it's gotten so much slack in the past.

Last Edited By: otenkiame Jun 24 15 6:36 AM. Edited 1 time.

#3075 post_url

Jun 24 15 7:18 AM

OMG "joy" is awesome! I used to listen to the interlude a lot when I decided to give 'SWEET 19 BLUES' (album) a try, and I wished there was a full version of it, until someone here told me there was one in "SWEET 19 BLUES" (single). I was the happiest man on Earth smiley: laugh

I love "LOOKING FOR YOU" as well. Actually 'break the rules' is one of my favorite albums. If only "think of me" wasn't there... (THOSE VOCALS...EW)

#3076 post_url

Jun 24 15 7:36 AM

otenkiame wrote:
NATE wrote:

You know, I used to be obsessed with "LOOKING FOR YOU", but I think I overplayed it big time. Now it's just all right. However, there's no denying that her English is on point in that song. Whoever it was who coached her should be her English coach every single time.
And agreed about "break the rules". Love that song. Actually, I really like the album on the whole - I've never understood why it's gotten so much slack in the past.
"I'm Rooking for you, I can't my way" smiley: roll

why so much hate for "YOU ARE THE ONE"? I find it more good than globe's ver.

#3077 post_url

Jun 24 15 8:00 AM

^ Hmm... I never personally found her pronunciation of "R's" and "L's" in that song to be a problem. I understood everything she sang without once having to look at the lyrics. In fact, when I first heard the song way back when, I thought she might be fluent.

#3078 post_url

Jun 24 15 12:24 PM

LOOKING for you alomg break the rules and never shoulda are great songs.
so is Joy and I TO YOU,
YOU ARE THE ONE is as boring as THINGS I COLLECTED.
Lets not fight is an okay song.

and as much as I love FEEL, it is definitly not the highlight album of her career.

#3079 post_url

Jun 24 15 4:41 PM

and as much as I love FEEL, it is definitly not the highlight album of her career.

Yeah, controversial but to me Feel is an average album. If all the songs were as good (to me) as Alive and Contrail then it might be a different story. I enjoy it every now and then but I have to be in the mood for it.

I love Break The Rules (the song) as well - it would be great if she could perform it again. I was in love with the Break The Rules album when I first got it.

Her worst songs for me are the back half of Genius 2000. Everything up to Mi Corazon is good, but everything from there....zzzzzz. It's just so dull IMO.

#3080 post_url

Jun 24 15 5:07 PM

^ Hey, "NEXT TO YOU" is such a fun track!

I love "break the rules" and sing "let's bleak the lulz"smiley: roll

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help